Migrate Your Authenticator to the Battle.net Mobile App

Yeah I guess that 1 or 2 people that don’t use android or IOS that plays wow will be missed

Oh and here

Share of mobile operating systems in North America 2018-2023, by month

Published by [Statista research] Oct 20, 2023

Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are the major competitors in the mobile operating system market in North America. In September 2023, Android accounted for about 53.9 percent of the mobile OS market, while iOS accounted for around 45.6 percent. Just 0.43 percent of North American users were running a system other than Android or iOS

3 Likes

Lol dad had one if those

1 Like

Soooo. . . . what if we are still using the good ol’ stand-alone fob authenticator that was sold in the Blizzard Store almost 14 years ago? It ain’t broke yet, even have a backup (purchased two)

Yea still works, and is not affected by this.
But your battery is not going to last forever either.

2 Likes

Can the batteries on those old physical authenticators (I remember getting mine during Wrath and it was honestly a needle in a haystack because they would near INSTANTLY sell out) be replaced? I’m wondering if the battery comes out it kind of “resets” much like the CMOS battery on a motherboard

Don’t know never owned one…but my guess once the battery goes. It’s pretty much toast, I don’t think you’d be able to replace it, but I don’t know what the inside of one looks like.

2 Likes

Nothing. This doesn’t affect you.

2 Likes

Looking at mine it looks to be nicely sealed up. Not sure you could get in it w/o destroying it.

1 Like

Not without great care and know how. Most haven’t been able to replace them without breaking the authenticator.

2 Likes

Just a tip for the ones that think this isn’t a big deal, just for the USA 20% is 68 million people that this disqualifies from having the app. Number higher especially going to EU.

Good less whiny people to deal with on fourms

2 Likes

2 Likes

So I’m very curious

You can buy the original authenticators on Amazon for $50-something dollars.

I totally might buy one!

HAHAHAAAAA this person is a complete joke

1 Like

But the problem with that you don’t know how long that battery is Been in there…

And the average self life size of a battery that comes into those things is 6 years being used or not

2 Likes

No guarantee they’ll work or for how long or if they’re legit.

4 Likes

I heard it from a good authority that 10.2 billion people world wide wont be able to use the app

1 Like

Oh my goodness that doggo is so cute

2 Likes

I know lol

Im willing to migrate, how ever I tried before, and I have 3 accounts. Bliz only allows me to link to 1 account

1 Like