Midsummer Event unfairly favors Alliance

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING POST IS INTENDED TO BE SATIRE AND HUMOUROUS, IF YOU ARE LACKING IN A SENSE OF HUMOUR THEN VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

I just got done running across Azeroth visiting all the bonfires for the summer festival. On no less than 3 separate occasions I was unjustly attacked by Alliance npcs in my pursuit of embers. It’s time we stop beating around the bush and get to the brass tacks and finally address how broken the Eastern Kingdoms roads are and how they unfairly punish Horde players.

First off several of the bonfires are very close to guard npcs that will harass and attack a low level horde that is trying to complete their quests in this stacked system. I was attacked several times outside of Kharanos by maniac dwarves, and in Darkshore the fire was guarded by overly militant night elf amazons. Thankfully I am a level 70 with massive amounts of swagger and was able to overcome this heinous display of Alliance bias.

Secondally I would like to point out how the journey to Ironforge forces you into several choke points that can be easily blockaded and prevent a young Horde players attempts at entry into Dun Morongh. Whats worse is you have several guards placed in locations of excessive bias and intolerance. Once again thanks to my god like levels of drip I was able to push on and complete my goals, a lesser Horde would have easily been denied.

Lastly I would like to point out that a Horde player is unjustly forced to backtrack in several areas just to get all of their gold. Forcing a fledgling Horde player to push into Redridge and then back into Elweynn just to reach Westfall is by far the most vile example of these atrocities. Once again I was able to achieve my goals but as stated before I am a Fel Cadillac of Warlocks and you shouldn’t use my success and uncanny levels of skill as a reason to prevent other lesser Horde their Metzen given right to free gold.

Please Alliance its time to end your arrogance and check your entitlement. When you see a Horde player flagged on the road you need to get out of our way and /salute or /bow while we pass by. If they are under 60 you really should consider transferring your Midsummer gold over to a Horde alt via Neutral AH and donate it to an aspiring future hard working Horde player.

This is a core aspect of TBC classic’s world event content and players especially low level Horde alts and mains should not be so inconvenienced by these huge disparities in our ground based travel systems. We all want our free gold and nobody should be denied their dreams of a portable flaming dancing Draenei.

I hope my words have reached your heart. Thank you and have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or evening. May Metzen bless your travels.

Lok’tar Ogar.

7 Likes

After reading the title, I got 6 words into your first sentence and then skipped to “Lok’tar Ogar.”

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend.

Edit:
Apparently it’s satire, and I should probably read it before not recommending.

15 Likes

I just did these all on my horde 70 and alliance 70 and never had any problems. I got killed by allies on my horde in Darnassus and that was it.

1 Like

I didn’t want to address the blatantly obvious alliance bias in the Darnassus fire so soon. But it does need to be changed. Imo we need a zepplin into Darnassus or a portal to make the trip easier.

3 Likes

Yes, this is completely Unacceptable. I agree. Horde are having to waste huge amounts of time queuing each step after the other to reach these locations. When I created a horde character I was NOT informed in the character screen of the huge step Queue simulator for the Midsummer Festival. How would anyone know in advance that this blizzard created issue would arise? Blizzard, we need to IMMEDIATELY have mercenary mode Bonfires, where we can layer to a bonfire with horde NPCs close by so we don’t have to deal with alliance or alliance NPCs.

I am happy if you wanted to trial this, lets say for 48 hours, and then perhaps a one week trial afterwards to ensure that removing ALLIANCE is … sorry I mean removing this unplayable game element is the right solution.

4 Likes

I like the idea of layering for Horde players to have better access to this event. Think about servers like Westfall and Pagle where its nearly impossible for Horde to finish all the campfires in one session with the massive amounts of max level 70 T4 geared Alliance players roving in packs.

Not to mention how easy it is for night elf warriors to sit in stealth and knock stun horde players with their OP shadowmeld racial.

In original warcraft 3 shadowmeld could only be used at night! Why do they get to use it during the day?

The world is supposed to favor the Alliance, the dwarves, humans and elves have kingdoms that are millennia old. You play horde to be the underdogs. Thrall doesn’t honor those who cry.

nice essay full of nothing

That is very true. Which is why I have overcome the adversity of this event. Thrall has even informed me that they are going to put my face on a comemorative coin. The last Sunday of Summer is also to be declared as “Nocht’s Day” in rememberance of my heroic acts on this day.

Thank you, I enjoyed it as well.

ME just got, like, basicly done runing acwosz Azeroth visiting yah nkow, al thi bonfirez for de sumer festival. On no fewer dan dwea absolutely sorta separate ocasionz ME were, like, unjustly atacked by Aliance npcz in my pursuit of emberz. It’z time us stop beating arund dee bush and get to de bwasz tackz and finaly adwesz how absolutely um bwoken de Eastern Kingdomz roadz are and how dey unfairly baesicly punish Horde playerz.

First of several of thi bonfirez are all cloz to guard npcz dat wil harasz and atack a uh, low level horde dat iz trying to baesicly complete deir questz in thiz stacked system. ME were atacked several timez utside of Kharanoz by maniac dwarvez, and in Darkshore de fire were, like, guarded by overly militant night elf amazonz. Thankfuly ME is a level seventy with kinda masiv amuntz of swager and were, like, able to overcome thiz heinuz display of Aliance biaz.

Secondaly ME wudd like to totaly point ut how dee jurney to Ironforge forciez ya into several choke pointz dat can be easily blockaded and pwevent a basicly kinda uh, yung Horde playerz atemptz, like, at entry into Dun Morongh. Whatz actauly worz are u hav several guardz placed in locationz of absolutely uh, excesiv biaz and intolerance. Once again dankz to my god like levelz of dwip ME were able to push on and sorta uh, complete my goalz, a leser Horde wudd hav easily bean denied.

Lastly ME wudd like to point ut dat a Horde player iz unjustly forced to backtrack in several areaz, like, just to get al of deir gold. Forcing a literaly fledgling Horde player to push, like, into Redwidge and than basicaly sorta um back into Elweyn just to totaly reach Westfal iz by far de ya knw, most vile example of dez atrocitiez. Once again ME were able to basicaly achiev my goalz butt az stated before ME is, like whatevs, a Fel Cadilac of Warlockz and ya shuldn’t uz my sucesz and absolutely uncany levelz of skil az a reason to pwevent yah konw, kinda other leser Horde deir Metzen given right to absolutely fwea gold.

Pleaz Aliance itz time to end yur arogance and check, like, yur entitlement. When u sea a Horde player flaged on thi road u nead to get ut of ur way and totaly /salute or /bow while us pasz by. If dey are under thirty yah realy shud consider transfering yur Midsumer gold over to a Horde alt via Neutral AH and sooo donate it to an yah knw, aspiring future baesicly hard working Horde player.

Thiz iz a core aspect of TBC clasic’z world event content and playerz especialy low level Horde altz and mainz shud, like, not be soo inconvenienced by dez yah konw, huge disparitiez in ur gwund based, like whatevs, travel systemz. Us sorta al want ur absolutely kinda fwea gold and nobody shud be denied deir dweamz of a absolutely portable flaming dancing Draenei.

ME hope my wordz hav, like, reached yur heart. Thank ya and totaly hav a kinda uh, wonderful morning, afternon, or evening. May Metzen blesz yur travelz.

horde get more gold doe

2 Likes

changing the world for the bonfire quests… let that sink in. we should edit the 15 yo geography, for a little event that lasts a couple weeks. this is one of those “so bad its good” troll posts :+1:

1 Like

This is pretty hard to read but I wont hold it against you. The point is pretty clear though: Alliance have an easy time with the Midsummer festival and this bias needs to stop.

I salute the bravery it took to share your experience with the Horde’s adversity in this troubling time.

Maam I appreciate your feedback on my feedfront. I’m a Forsaken though and not a Troll, they tend to be blue and have hands like ninja turtles.

1 Like

Its disturbing how all the alliance posters are attacking this thread despite it being a painfully obvious attempt at satire.

1 Like

I went from beautiful Alliance cities to the horde cities…

So that’s what poverty looks like.

2 Likes

As a now 4 time bonfire completionist (inc capital cities) and 1/2 way done with the 5th, I was considering posting a truce on our server’s discord for those after the 600g for 70s, 200ish gold and 1 level of xp for 60s, and very good XP for those below 60.

I have been giving a /wave to horde doing the same thing and was thinking myself it’s harder for horde to complete than alliance.

Late night capital raids made it easy, only got into 1 tussle with a hunter and warrior in Org. Fond memories of my ravager biting away at the warrior while I was hearthing and him wondering where the heck I ran off to.

For those wanting a head start, when stealing opposing enemy bonfires, don’t click Complete Quest - you can mount up then click Complete Quest so you are mounted when you get flagged.

1 Like

Yeah it was pretty depressing when I got to the Night elf towns that cant even afford windows or complete walls. I didn’t want to shame them though and you shouldn’t judge either considering your homelands are literally toxic af.

Too many of those open air pavilions; how’s a night elf supposed to boink in privacy, much less a hordie running thru to get their goldz?

1 Like

Maybe thats why their species is dying off in retail, low reproduction rate do to inability to get their boinking on. Its gotta be hard to get the engines going when you are constantly swatting mosquitos and flies because they live in a forest.

1 Like

This just in from Horde playing dev trash.

“Ally can no longer participate in holiday/seasonal festivities as it will undoubtedly injure the pride of our mongrel undead and dorc players. We are ugly and we hate the beautiful people so Ally gets nothing to do cause the Patriarchy in any fantasy setting real or imagined is obviously controlled by White Supremacists”