Midnight ideas and stuff we need in it

Quel’delar
Note it rejected Lor’themar so maybe it could choose another leader. Would be cool if Alliance accepted him and Blood Elves didn’t or some drama

The Shrine of Dathremar strange presence
Potential for something good here

That Ancient that the blood elves dont visit anymore
Maybe Night Elves team up with ancient

Night Elves in Ghostlands in general could lead to some new conflicts or PvP quests

Son of Garithos back to kill some elves
(make it happen)

Tranquillen being a neutral hub
It just fits the name

Murder Row PvP ffa
(again, just fits the name)

Split city for horde and alliance
(because screw uniting the elves)

Silvermoon Harry shows up

That guy that hates trolls joins the Alliance

4 Likes

I somehow doubt we’re going to get faction conflict of those stripes in an expansion all about cross-faction “elf unification.”

This however is a good idea, let’s make this happen.

12 Likes

With the way Alliance Bias is stacking up for Midnight, I expect him to be crowned King of Elvenkind.

9 Likes

I’d like for Voren’thal and the Scryers to appear, and do more than just make a cameo appearance at that.

Voren’thal seems to be at the end of the elven lifespan (assuming that hasn’t been retconned since BC), being one of the oldest elves left alive. Seems a shame for a character with so much narrative potential to have been unused for so long. Given what we now know of Thalassian lifespans, he could’ve been alive when Azshara ruled the Highborne Empire, and have seen every King of Quel’Thalas start their reign and end it as well.

To say he might know more of Quel’Thalas than any other living elf wouldn’t be an understatement at all.

12 Likes

Honestly my main hope is that the reason for the Alliance coming to Quel’thalas isn’t “The Blood Elves ran into a problem they couldn’t fix alone so they had to go begging the Alliance for help.”

I realize it’s very unlikely, but I can hope.

13 Likes

Seems far more likely the reason will be, “Oh, the world will end if we don’t stop the Sunwell from becoming a portal for an extradimensional force to invade. Again.”

3 Likes

The premise anyone but alliance elves getting any attention is delusional. It will be just like when Varian was the narrator of the stories of the ORC WARLORDS.

1 Like

At least it’s not a warchief this time. :robot::+1:

Although we can find it funny it’ll be the same position for elves concerning how often the horde helps and harms the night elves. :robot::thought_balloon:

1 Like

The rest, I have mixed emotions on, but I would be THERE for a Murder Row freeforall or battleground.

There’s some high quality Wrath/Cata nostalgia right there.

6 Likes

I mean, the Horde helped defend Amirdrassil from the fire dudes, essentially helping win the Night Elves their new city. That happened.

What didn’t happen, critically, was a scene where Tyrande goes to Orgrimmar and begs the big strong horde to help her. They left that out because they knew the Night Elf players would firebomb Blizzard’s HQ.

I’m just hoping for the same consideration.

6 Likes

I am bracing for disaster but there is a spark of hope with Metzen on the team.

3 Likes

Metzen defanged the Orcs in Warcraft 3 and ruined belfs in TBC. So don’t get your hopes up.

Why would a scene like that even be a thing? Did Thrall ever come to Stormwind to beg the big strong Alliance to help him? Garrosh? Vol’jin? Sylvanas?

Yes. Multiple times infact.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vol%27jin_of_the_Darkspear_(Alliance)

And it was quite racist too.

1 Like

Multiple times being… Vol’jin talking to the Alliance PC in his home territory…

Who told him he is a stupid smelly savage and made him beg for their help.

2 Likes

I hope Rommath finally gets to actually DO something. Dude has been sitting in SMC for years do absolute F all despite being the leader of the Magisters.

5 Likes

If it isn’t him finally killing Aethas I don’t want it.

Considering how Amirdrassil and Gilneas were written I’m willing to bet money this will be the case sadly. I wish Blizzard would stop writing each side as being weak and needing the other’s help.

2 Likes

Void knights that is all.