Microsoft Lays Off 1900

Exactly this. But you know there are no bigger doomsayers than wow players. So I guess the sky is falling

5 Likes

I always thought that layoffs would be the first big action after Microsoft finished their purchase. I just figured they would dissolve the management levels of the Activision/Blizzard holding company and move the individual studios under XBox Games.

9 Likes

Crony capitalism on full display here.

7 Likes

The company’s President left, the last remaining founder (and current Chief Design Officer) left, and the only new game they had been actively developing was canceled. I don’t know what you’re talking about…this is huge.

Overall, I agree 1900 layoffs on their own may not have been very impactful but everything together is going to be a big shake-up at Blizzard.

10 Likes

We are still in the “wait and see” stage - that said the first look doesn’t feel that great, but feel and actual work done are two different things.

6 Likes

R I P you legends.

Thanks for making my childhood much better then current times.

4 Likes

I can only hope that with them went whatever fiend concocted the reclamation of Gilneas.

7 Likes

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

4 Likes

Forums screamed for years that the game was headed in the wrong direction and that people should be fired. This is what some of you want, so what’s the problem?

17 Likes

It’s not really that simple. From a purely consumer view, this doesn’t tell us if the product will improve, stay the same, or get worse. We don’t even know specifics of what parts were laid off at Blizzard or the WoW team specifically. So it’s not really something to cheer? Then there is the fact it sucks that 2,000 people are losing their jobs. Which is kind of a bigger issue than if a game is good or not.

15 Likes

I wish microsoft would just out the whole wow team and replace them all at this point. Most of them are incompetent and have been ruining the game for a decade. But no we get Metzen back! yay now he can ruin the game again too.

15 Likes

Layoffs are part of every acquisition.

17 Likes

As far as we know, blizzard side was barely affected meaning it had no impact on WoW

2 Likes

Did you not click the link? It literally says the layoffs was primarily Activision Blizzard

9 Likes

Sad about people losing their jobs. But what will Bellular think?

2 Likes

Seems like it is a sign of the times. Riot just layed off 500+ this week too. I believe one of them was one of our old Community Managers that everyone really liked.

Edit: Oh and then all of the journalist layoffs recently… LA Times, WAPO etc. Doesn’t bode well.

6 Likes

I think you need to do a little research and see what all falls under the ActBlizz umbrella.

Again, its not like they laid off 1,000 people actively working on WoW

8 Likes

woohoo!! Get them outta there… Ion next!

17 Likes

I think Allen leaving will be bigger than Ybarra leaving.

7 Likes

Maybe Microsoft will just combine Overwatch and Call of Duty…

OVER DUTY!

that means a lot of redundancy. LOL

3 Likes