Microsoft buying Activision

I had the same thought

1 Like

Can’t wait for 10.0 to be announced after this is finalized lmao.

2 Likes

Not even close lol. However, its 2022. They have to make it seem like a single lawsuit, and a bad expansion. Plus a generally bad CoD release this year, is the end of Actiblizz.

Well I wouldn’t be surprised if restructures will lead to even more consolidation, closures and lay offs.

2 Likes

Nothing is going to change… per The Hollywood Reporter:

Microsoft says that Kotick will continue to serve as Activision CEO after the deal closes, adding that “he and his team will maintain their focus on driving efforts to further strengthen the company’s culture and accelerate business growth.” However, Kotick and the Activision team will report to Phil Spencer, CEO of Microsoft Gaming.

Same people. Different reporting structure.

:cookie:

8 Likes

That’s it? So I could have bought Wow and turned things around? :sunglasses:
Oh well too late now.

6 Likes

Very interesting to me, I guess that’s why Mike Ybarra was put in the position he’s in and they were happy to let Jen O’neal leave without proper pay.

Good news for the stockholders/board of directors probably bad news for everyone else.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m actually excited for this. Not sure if it’ll affect WoW much. Maybe more resources (talent, capital) will come, be quite beneficial.

2 Likes

Activision up 37%.

1 Like

Microsoft CEO is very smart and a good business man. The exact opposite of what Activision has now.

4 Likes

I know Bobby’s staying around, but I can imagine the constant heat that is going to be on him.

I have a feeling his job is going to become worse and worse until he “voluntarily” leaves.

6 Likes

WoW on Game Pass?

2 Likes

Nobody cares you made a couple hundred bucks dude. lol People are only concerned with what this means for the game.

Probably neither, at least at first. Maybe not much at all for the game itself. It’s still going to likely be the same people working on the game.

When Vivendi bought Activision and merged them with Blizzard, tons of people didn’t even know it happened for years.

4 Likes

Microsoft has far more reserves of capital than Activision, and the company is less likely to prioritize certain IP’s over another.

The thing with WoW is its bi-polar community. You can have gobs of talent, but whether or not that talent is wasted depends on this particular community.

2 Likes

Very understated figure, but apparently you cared enough to respond. Thanks!

2 Likes

imagine if the WoW sub is now included in PC Game Pass!!!

6 Likes

Do you have any experience with their gaming support? Quite curious as to whether we can have some hope for better in-game support.

I’ve only ever used Blizzard and Rockstar, and it’s night-and-day.

Not going to leave as long as those paychecks still look good :laughing:

I hope they get rid of Warcraft’s subscription and absorb it into Game Pass’s cost.

11 Likes

WoW under the Xbox pass… oh man that might be great! I’d actually pay for that.

1 Like