MG Horde needs YOU to help it grow and prosper

Everytime I have seen some sort of function of “bringing life” to H-MG it either is:

A) Given up half-way thru the effort
B) Falls apart due to inactivity
C) Generally uninteresting.

As much as I would like for a vibrant Horde rp scene, you need people to be interested in it first.

So it has to be active and interesting to people? So basically the same requirements for literally any kind of group RP. Got it.

Do you have any suggestions? Or is your post more of a way to be right but not really have anyone question the content of your post?

3 Likes

Probably your tone comes off abrasive. Makes me not want to be constructive. If your job is to be standoff-ish then…congrats

If you need bags or gold to help get established, I am always more than willing to put my money where my mouth is in helping folks!

Bags and gold make it easier to get established!

2 Likes

In that case, I’ll go ahead and ask someone else to ask you for your suggestions.

Imagine asking for people to help MG Horde grow, then acting like this.

Its funny because all I was saying that ventures like these have had consistency issues; now it seems like an attitude one.

1 Like

Bourbonboxer, have you been to the Horde Guild Expo yet I’ve been running that solidly for 2 years now? Some months are quieter than others, but we have not missed one yet. So there’s your answer for the first two points. As to the third? Well, here’s one response:

That’s only one example. There’s also some other really long-running Horde events: Corta’s End of Month Brawl, and Taeana’s Weekly Storytelling, which have been around for much, much longer. So I really don’t understand your issue.

Agreed, there are other RP events that have started with great intentions, but for one reason or another stopped running after a few months. But you can hardly claim that is a feature that is exclusive to MG Horde. That is the nature of RP. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It is better to try give and it a go, than sit in your armchair criticizing the efforts of others.

People are interested. The number one comment that I am presented with (almost daily) is: “I want to be involved, be I don’t know anyone! What should I do?”

Clearly, the key to making MG Horde, a brighter, more vibrant place is to help people meet each other and network. We do that by encouraging walk-up RP (a welcoming, accepting atmosphere), and by creating public RP events that people can participate in.

I’m doing all that I can, as are many other Horde members like Corta and Taeana, but we need others to pick up the reins and try hosting an event. Don’t worry about the naysayers. Even if your event only runs once, you have helped. We appreciate it.

4 Likes

Two years? Impressive. One guild having consistency is one thing, long term community consistency is another.

Im not saying it is either. The issue is that MG Horde doesnt have the deficit of activity unlike other servers.

One particular player’s attitude should not be representative of an entire server, nor should it impact the types of suggestions you provide.

It’s unfortunate that you would not look past a snarky comment in order to contribute, and if that snarky comment is the only thing preventing you from contributing meaningfully, then I will apologize for it.

2 Likes

First impressions mean everything. If my first experience is negative when I’m making a point of note…why would I bother give positive feed back or work positively?

A) Given up half-way thru the effort
B) Falls apart due to inactivity
C) Generally uninteresting.

I think you’re being facetious. I haven’t played the game in well over a year now, and not actively for over 6 months more. These MG Horde recruitment/signal boosts/needs YOU/active efforts to include the entire server in a growing movement have been going on since long before then. (While writing this, I saw Flywheel clarified it’s been two years, I’m glad my memory didn’t fail me) So they’ve clearly not given up or been inactive.

As for whether it’s interesting or not, interesting is relative and subjective. These people are clearly having fun doing what they’re doing, so why rain on their parade? If this is your way of signaling that you have a problem with them because of your own experiences, take it up with them in private, there’s no need to air dirty laundry.

Achieving this:

and generating this:

are clearly the goals of this enduring effort.

If you are not interested & it’s not for you, that’s fine. I’ve been Alliance since 2013 or 2014, but I can respect the work these players are putting in to try and find those players who are out there thinking about rolling Horde but not sure yet.

I made a post once a long time ago, about how there’s more prestige in helping them build it back up just by being there and RPing than there is coming in “after” it’s been built up. When is the work finished? For these players who have been here since the beginning, it probably never will be. Especially not if people are waiting around for the work to be done. And let’s not pretend running a guild & ambitious community events aren’t a full time job. Besides all that – it doesn’t matter, because the RP that’s there is there, and if it’s not there, someone can jump into these projects and try to get momentum from interested parties for it. Sounds like a great plan to me, and if Horde was my thing, I know who I’d be joining to fight the good fight.

4 Likes

Thats one guild.

I am very sure that Comprehensive Horde Guild List has more than just hers and those that have recently participated in the Expo. In fact, I know there is some dead and closed guilds still listed on there.

I am saying from this not being the first call to action for “MG Horde needs more support and involvement.” This is like what…the fourth?

Thanks Tavrasanga. I love your perspective.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re going to be getting good faith or solutions-based answers from him. He is already questioning the worth of giving positive feedback.

It’s been more than four. They’ve been on this grind for a long time. It’s not for us to judge the success of it imo. Unless we’re actively running with their pack we don’t know what’s going on inside, we can only guess. But the fact they haven’t given up in this long of a time? I want to be optimistic, it is reasonable to be, that there is some progress being made.

Sure, some of the guilds might not have made it. It’s not a great time for the game overall and a lot of RPers too have quit, I’m in at least 8 WoW related Discords which have become less and less about the game and are full of people playing other games and MMOs or who have just become “real life selfie posters,” though a few are still actively hanging on.

2 Likes

It’s an admirable thing to see this still going, don’t thank me, you and yours earned the praise. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe, maybe not. Just wanted to post some good vibes and what I’ve seen over the years so people can have a more complete picture.

1 Like

I appreciate it.

While I continue to agree with the content of my post, I will admit I could have made it more friendly. I’m glad that someone else is here to help with that.

1 Like

Telrenoir, you’re like this grumpy ram with twisted horns that I see every now and then and come and give a pat. You’ve always been there for me, stuck up for me, for MG Horde, and helped to explain when my words come out wrong.

I appreciate you. Thank you for fighting for team red.

I get strong feelings about stuff I pour hours of hard work into, too. I think it’s natural. At least nobody’s flaming each other. Any serious discussion is bound to get a little sarcastic and snarky from time to time, that’s a fact of life :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing about first impressions is that they’re often completely wrong and can be a terrible judge of character.

Years ago, I tried rolling MG-Horde for the first time and was the recipient of some pretty horrible explicit harassment OOC. I left and never throught I’d come back, but here I am, years later and loving it. So far, I haven’t had a single issue that originated from MG-Horde or other roleplayers.

It was a bad first impression, but it wasn’t my only impression and I’m glad I decided to give it another try.

2 Likes