Metzen kinda told us the return of a character in the World Soul Saga

During the WoWCast, Scott Johnson teases Metzen about the Sword in Silithus “One doesn’t simply yank the sword out of Azeroth”, and then Metzen suddenly just drop this:

Metzen:

I would even say “You are not prepared” for that moment.

Guess who is coming back baby

8 Likes

I caught that. I knew he’d be back for the Saga.

8 Likes

le me right when he said that:

2 Likes

Illidan is awesome, I only hope they keep Liam O’Brien for the voice work.

4 Likes

Oh god they’re going with the SC2 Kerrigan ending but with Illidan.

2 Likes

Expac starts with Illidan having discovered the Titans are villains, escapes the Seat of the Pantheon somehow, gets word back to us and is killed after a heroic standoff.

1 Like

Malfurion facepalms in Ardenweald.

3 Likes

Brings Sargeras as his new pet (or buddies)

1 Like

I think he’s been the VA for Illidan for all of WoW?

I dont know all of the VAs off hand, but it definitely feels like they are consistent on keeping with the same VAs. I love his work.

4 Likes

Yup, which means expanded DHs. Oh boy oh boy

Yes, Liam O’Brien has voiced Illidan since Burning Crusade, and has also voiced the character in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. He’s also voiced a few other characters for WoW, including the Sha of Violence and Chi-Ji.

1 Like

Lol, he’s back from Ardenweald.

3 Likes

Even more bad news!

4 Likes

Time for Stormrage Duo… something we don’t see since Warcraft 3!!!

1 Like

Is anyone surprised? He’s a great break in-case of emergency character.

4 Likes

I also thought the same thing when he said it. But c’mon, he’s calling it a saga and the way they’re presenting it is like Marvel does with their movies and planned releases. The Last Titan will be like the Avengers on Azeroth and a who’s who of our favorite (or not so favorite) characters. Illidan totally deserves to be there, and hopefully some banter with Malfurion and Tyrande to boot.

What is with y’all’s obsession with that boring aah character?

2 Likes

This right here.

2 Likes

The only good thing I heard from this is Illidan gets killed. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Finally, Pandaren DHs.

1 Like