Method Ra-den Kill

resetting a boss to build up resources is not an exploit :confused:

1 Like

INB4 all the big guilds get banned for exploiting and Immortalis swoops in with the World First.

2 Likes

On the one hand they should not have violated the spirit of the intended fight… on the other hand … I’ve heard people say if you aren’t cheating you aren’t trying hard enough. That’s different from hacking… yet on the other hand (thanks, N’Zoth for the third hand), I mean it IS a method and they tell you they are method.

If any guild going for world first has used the exploit, ban them, regardless of who they are, might actually make the race more interesting for once.

3 Likes

They can’t ban the last guild that still cares about racing to the end of a dungeon they will have to keep doing for 8 months.

1 Like

Out of all the problems this patch has. Are we really going to target players having fun, and exploiting?

Darn right we are. Blizzard they should be banned. They broke your rules. It is ok for them because they are famous?

1 Like

Even famous ones are not exempt from being punished…

Soooo that really doesn’t sound like an exploit to me. It literally just sounds like a clever use of game mechanics

2 Likes

Nah it is an exploit. I’m not having fun with wow, and want others to feel some misery. Ban them.

Technically, bosses now reset ressources on pull, meaning you could technically only pull once, build to full, and then pre-cast abilities before the reset on the subsequent pull. Like for Ret Paladins, Holy Power is reduced to 0 on pull of a boss, but there’s a slight window where you could technically use Inquisition before the reset occurs, getting essentially a “free cast”.

If Ra-den doesn’t actually have the ressource reset on encounter start and allow multiple pull/resets to build ressources, that could be a bug or intended, how are we to know ?

I mean, people here screaming as if at the end of the day, having 2-3 warlocks have 4 extra shards in a 5 minute+ fight is really going to be night and day in terms of killing the boss or not are obviously not clued into what goes into successfully completing a Mythic encounter.

8 Likes

Don’t play if you’re not having fun with wow.

I don’t, I just log on to do social stuff.

Sucks that wow is just a chat room for me now.

You pay 15 bucks a month to talk to people?

1 Like

the reset wasnt for shards. the reset was so method’s 4 destro locks could continuously stack gosup over and over by using ROF while resetting infernal. Gosup does not reset on pull as a buff for some reason. so method’s warlocks were going into the actual pull with nearly 20 stacks of gosup which is basically what all of our burst is predicated around. they removed the ramp destro needs entirely and go immediately into 30 seconds at the peak of our burst whereas you usually hit that point about 20-25 seconds into infernal.

2 Likes

Yup, and to help friends when they need it.

If I wanted a good mmo. I would be playing Final Fantasy. My friends hold me here.

Statement: I am not understanding the exploit. Raden respawns quickly. So they were having the locks spam shard builders and the. Resetting the fight to start with 5 shards vs 3 shards.

Continued statement: I dont really see how that is an exploit as long as the short respawn is intended. Plus it is what, 1 extra chaos bolt? It’s not like they arent all doing it seeing as limit did.

(scratches head)

you guys know that warlocks start fights with 3 shards right? So they get an extra two shards. For affliction, unstable affliction does about…50k damage (?) at the high end.

Might be a different story for destro in terms of the power of shards, but for aff/demo an extra two shards is nothing.

1 Like

omg why do you guys think this is about warlock shards

it’s about supremacy stacks

6 Likes

to be fair all of the begining posts were about shards.

was my explanation not clear enough?