Method officially got Jaina world first

The best part is no Alliance guilds will finish, because they will all be Horde when they do.

2 Likes

Not every time but pretty much. In Legion Exorsus got both Xavius and Gul’dan as World First. Just a personal thing, but I’d love to see more diversity in the WF race in terms of guilds. Right now Method is top dog.

1 Like

The raid race lost its relevance to me after WotLK ended, when progress used to be a marathon not a sprint. No way you could clear a tier in a single week. Was way more engaging back then.

22 Likes

Yeah, I get this was their first serious attempt at world first. But you can be serious and stream.

Even if they lost while streaming they have fans that would’ve been subbing and donating through the entire thing like methods streamers. They don’t need to hide their strats because Method just does what works for them anyways.

They’ve confused streaming with less chance of success. If anything having people cheering you on and even trolling you gives you that energy to keep pushing forward for the kill.

I really do hope they decide to stream during the next WF. It is really good for wow exposure on the site.

Naxx was cleared within 66 hours of WotLK coming out. Think you mean more like TBC and especially Sunwell.

3 Likes

Until the next raid.

Well they also raised at this point $30,000 or more for Save the Children a charity they were supporting. Like I said genius pr across the board.

5 Likes

No doubt, they really picked up their game with the second stream. Good pr, great game/brand exposure.

Also really great for our community to have something besides 3’s and mythic+ to watch.

5 Likes

Bad example. Firstly, the raid was super easy. That raid was a rehash with the exact same mechanics (simplified in some cases) of the Naxx 40 raid. The guilds knew the mechanics walking into. How do I know that? I cleared Naxx 40 when it was relevant in classic. Compare it to the other 3 raid tiers in that expansion.

3 Likes

Streaming your progress is basically giving rival guild your progress report and strats, they can try their own strat while watching you do yours, so its definitely a disadvantage.

Naxx: Agree cleared quickly
Ulduar: Cleared quickly but Yogg Sarron zero lights is still LEGENDARY in MMO raid history
ToC: mehh up till last boss. Paragon got it
ICC: God level hype for Arthas

1 Like

Nobody ran away with methods strats… Or was that because they started 16 hours late and by then limit was pretty much 8/9.

They still worked their way through it all despite having nobody to watch. Great players don’t need to steal strats. They’re good enough to make their own work.

I’d consider a 16 hour disadvantage far more serious than the top guild in the world watching you stream while they should be sleeping and getting ready for their next push session.

Who knows, if they would’ve been streaming and method stole their strat we still might be in a race. Limits leader even said their strat didn’t work out on Jaina.

3 Likes

Different teams have different compositions. What worked for Method might not work for Limit or Alphas or any of the other top Mythic guilds.

Strategy is part of it, certainly, but which classes (and races) your team brings to the table makes a big difference as well.

2 Likes

Method did a straight up zerg strat. I still want to know what happens if you kill that elemental.

they always do who cares?

4 Likes

I think at the current gear levels it’s probably not possible to just up and kill it. Maybe a month from now. But I mean they had to cut healing to just meet the dps requirement for the wall. Also, as someone below said it splits into two.

Only because Gingi pulled the hunter strats yesterday, and its already pretty late, Limit already done their split to boost their dks and pally and they went to bed.

If Gingi pulled the strats earlier and manage to do 9% pull before Limit go with their DK+Pally split run, they might swap and use Method strats and beat them with time and player skill.

1 Like

It splits into 2 additional elementals who have the same abilities. Its better to ignore it.

1 Like

It splits into two elementals if you kill it, which is why they kept it up - they didn’t want to have to deal with it potentially splitting further after that.

LMAO sure you cleared it. I at least am honest and only got maybe half the bosses down or close to half. There were only a handful of guilds who actually cleared it and sorry, but I seriously doubt you were one of those guilds. What guild did you clear it in Vanilla with and any screen shots or roster lists of you in that guild?

2 Likes