#mergeEarthenRing

I’m not sure how useful this may prove, or if it could possibly be a suitable option for an ER online community BUT a while back in the forums someone mentioned a RPers website: rpfind .me

The website doesn’t seem bad and it also appears to be somewhat active, I think an Earthen Ring RPers Group might work. If someone (else) wanted to undertake that. I think it might help to avoid some of the issues that arose in the past, as in no 1 person will have complete control over every Earthen Ring RPer who wants to join and use the website. I know people used to /join ForTheAlliance to seek out RP and there were some other custom chat channels. I’d like to see more use of the in-game Group (Guild & Communities) feature as well.

I’d love to see some more community RP events, as there are still some community events left on the realm. While Earthen Ring is small, it’s generally a wonderful community. I’ve been here off and on for 14 years and plan to stick around.

Like others have said and reiterated over and over repeatedly, Earthen Ring is a dead / dying realm. When there are times doing /who 1-120 and you can find a total of around 70 people Alliance side, when Blizz moved the portals into SW to (other than waste time, make it a lively hub) there’s still nobody around, when I can sit in the current hub of Boralus and not see another soul, when it is the same small dedicated handful of Players and RPers trying to keep it alive, it gets old. I’ve gotten burnt out over the years trying to make Earthen Ring something that it is not currently, and has not been in a long time, and without the intervention of Blizz it will only get worse.

I would be more than happy to help someone else navigate these websites or creating / maintaining etc, but I cannot undertake them myself due to real life and just burnout in general. I imagine there are many others that feel the same way.

I am also with Xenkore, Blizzard doesn’t deserve a single copper penny for doing absolutely nothing to help keep an original realm alive, in fact you could even argue they have only helped to usher players out the door to Moon Guard, Wyrmrest or literally any other realm.

Even if Earthen Ring is dead and dying, and the community is very small and just grows smaller, I will be here.

Feel free to find me in game on this character or on a -barb alt for general Roleplay or to say hi or flip me the bird, it would be a nice change of pace to see a little life here. My guild, though RPers, also runs Dungeons and Mythics+ and some of us are interested in very casual PvE, so there might be some friends around to stomp bosses.
Also find me through the rpfind .me /user/Barbro

Good luck & happy adventures

2 Likes

It most certainly has. My characters held hostage on this dead realm are completely unplayable and the fact that Blizzard doesn’t care at all is just pathetic. I’ve got several characters with hundreds upon hundreds (a couple over a thousand) hours of playtime and they are rotting. What a waste.

1 Like

As the person who destroyed this realm I am more relevant than ever to say something. The issue is not making peace with what happened with the past and coming to terms with it. The sad truth was that the server was neglected while I tried to search for the answer by myself. I thought of this realm throughout that time. I found that the reason why RP realms especially ones in 2012 was suffering was due to in fighting. Not enough solutions were being formulated, and I was sick of it. Some of the people here was blind to the issue, and I felt like I couldn’t trust anyone to help me. That is the sad truth, and the bitter pill to swallow

I keep submitting as a suggestion in game to merge Earthen Ring, including attempting to direct whomever reads suggestions to this thread. The place is still dead and dying faster than people are coming here.
I absolutely refuse to give Blizzard/Activision a single copper cent for their inaction.

Gotta agree with above, what destroyed this place was tons of in-fighting, along with older/established RPers not willing to take a chance on a newbie. Or outright being nasty to a newbie trying to RP and have fun. I’ve been that newbie, and have been “ordered” how I was allowed to play or what I could/could not RP.

But it’s my $15, just like it is yours (the general you) so I will play as I like, just as anyone else can.

I would still love to see ANY response at all from Blizzard, but I highly doubt that will happen.

1 Like

Well atleast you seem more reasonable than others, so I will so my best in extending that same courtesy. To make sure you understand and differentiate properly… While I was a older player here rarely have I went to rp events, and the one I did go to was Kormok, and Drah’s sunwell Island, “battle”. Honestly that was fun, and I also knew Kelsus (I know him as KennyK though) for about the same time. I just wasn’t as active as people wanted from me. I have a fun story about kelsus if you ever want to talk.

You did not destroy Earthen Ring. That’s not something one person can do. The player exodus is what caused the population issues we’re dealing with.

People moved on from the drama 8 years ago after the problematic players left.

Correct, that was a major issue on the server but it was only a small portion of the server that took part in it. Due to the drama, the exodus occurred.

That’s a fantastic idea, I think I’ll spread the word to the rest of the Templars and start doing the same!

Unfortunately I agree. By this point I imagine it’s either going to happen without any real warning or it’s not going to happen at all.

I reached out to Blizzard Customer Service back in the Warlords era and they said that, while they didn’t have any official news, they expected server merges to be on the horizon. Talk about false hope.

I don’t understand, everyone in this thread has been incredibly courteous to one another. Did I miss something?

1 Like

ER community is killing it self, RP is only done among their guilds. A Merge WILL NOT FIX THIS. i do not see people posting for a RP events. raiding guilds are also killing themselves do to the fact that “oh look, your ilvl is way to low so you can not raid with us, don’t worry we wont help with gearing, cause we do not have the time, we got to prepare for a raid in the next 3 days away” even though that person is the spec the guild is in need for the raid team but guilds rather find someone else that has a better ilvl. Raiding Guilds will also not accept anyone that does not know fights or are new to the game. “makes me sick” so no wonder why raiding on ER is bad/dying, and why do i never see anyone wanting to do anything in-game on ER… its like everyone is scared and sees everyone else has some disease. people would rather just do activities with their guild then reach out to each other.

PS: sorry, but i will not be posting with one of my toons that are on ER, i rather not be attacked for speaking the truth. i love to continue to play on my main toons and not have to name change/transfer off ER

1 Like

But you invalidate everything you said, yourself: You’re openly admitting to not understanding how raid grouping works, and are going on to complain about it. If you take the time to learn, then you’ll be more valuable and get in. If you instead complain and “speak the truth,” then angry and alone you shall remain. Same as real life, really. I will say, as the recruiter for Valor, I have NEVER turned anyone away from guild membership for not knowing raid mechanics. There’s more to being in any guild than that, so I already know you’re effectively BSing. You likely just got turned away from a main raid and are QQing. Sorry if this sounds mean, but, it does sound from your post that you’ve turned away constructive criticism for favor of self pity, so… I dunno what else to tell ya.

And don’t worry about being attacked. You’ve really overstated your own personal gripes at the expense of downplaying systemic issues. Believe me when I say, when it comes to personal problems, I speak from experience: No one cares.

1 Like

Well whatever. I have other toons on other servers. But coming back to the game after a long break, I decided to roll here due to the time zone. Also this was my first server back in 2004.

In the 50’s (rogue) and I see people running around. Not a lot… but some. Enough to keep me around while leveling at least. The AH could be busier, but it’s not THAT bad.

I raided this game from 2006 to 2011 and swore I’d never do it again. I havn’t ran a Mythic<sp?> dungeon yet. Are they raids, or 10 mans? Casue if the latter, not being able to find groups might get to me and cause me to transfer to a higher pop server.

And maybe the coming expac will pick things up. Low pop = no queues. :wink:

And one comment about rp: been in various rp (and larp) scenes in various games for years. And there is ALWAYS drama. Always. The trick is not to let ic become ooc.

Mythic dungeons are five man dungeons. They’re a blast. It’s pretty easy to jump into a group at any given time thanks to the dungeon finder tool so you won’t encounter any issues when you hit max level.

1 Like

So as someone who may want to transfer to this realm, what would be your opinion? Should I look at the other EST RP servers (Argent Dawn/Scryers)?

1 Like

Earthen Ring is a fantastic place to call home. We’re a tight-knit community where everyone knows everyone. I’ve been here since the beginning and there’s no place I’d rather be.

1 Like

you completely missed what i said in my post and are just twisting it to make yourself look good. you are proof on how bad the community is on earthen ring. sorry but you truly are. there was really no reason to attack another person.

i am in a guild that raids on another server but when it comes to earthen ring finding a guild is nearly impossible BECAUSE guilds want players that join their guild too be already geared so they wont hinder the guild progression for raiding. For mythic+ guilds do not want to take new members through it cause the raid team could use it over the low geared player. so you are either geared for guilds/raiding or you play solo on earthen ring. mythics are not hard to get in but if guilds want members for their raid team SHOULD TAKE THE TIME to help them out.

That is what me and my guild does for new members because the game is meant to be fun.

like i said you completely did not understand what i was talking before and went on a butt-hurt rampage to attack another person for no good reason. have a good day.

1 Like

if i were you, i would waste money transferring to this server. find a more decent one.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. I’ve been on this server since pre-BC release but never got into the RP element of it.
M+ will always be what it is. What I tend to see is when a group of people perform well, they will generally try to group up together when trying to push into higher key levels. I’m sure the same could be said on any server. However those same people DO help others with their keys. Just don’t expect them to take you to a 15 if your only experience in M+ is a 10, especially depending on affixes and role. Its 5 man content but you can’t carry a healer or tank 90% of the time.
Raiding is hit or miss Alliance side, I can’t speak to what happens Horde side but if you are looking to raid there are only a few guilds who push content. Horde generally has a larger population to pool from when looking at mythic content.
Population has been a problem since Cata but if you are looking towards next xpac then you’ll not have to worry about server queue times.

1 Like

As for what Zilla brings up… This is a game, guilds are communities, which may or may not be a group you get along with. Realms like ER have guilds and members that have known each other since the game was released. Making assumptions on what is expected of other people for your own benefit is mistaken. If you are truly interested in transferring I would talk to guild leaders/officers before transferring. See if you like what they have to say and if their guild fits what you are looking for from the game.

2 Likes

The only person twisting anything here is you. You came in with unsolicited hostility and are now on the defensive here because of it. You have provided no evidence of anything, and have contributed nothing meaningful to the conversation, only toxicity. This is simply bitterness on your end, if not an attention grab. Wouldn’t that be ironic?

Anyway, the purpose of this convo is to try and help the server. If you’ve nothing helpful to say with respect to the people that wanna stay and make it work, please put your money where your mouth is.

2 Likes

but…we have layers…

/s

It bothers me immensely because I started on the server back in 2010 and had some of the best RP experiences of my life.

But the server is dead as dead can be. Every few weeks I’ll log on and go around Stormwind, but it’s always empty. So sad, considering this server used to be full of people 10 years ago.

I’ve moved over to Wrymrest and Moonguard. I sat around and waited on Earthen Ring for years hoping for a revival, but all my friends and guilds moved on.

Eventually, I did the same.

1 Like

News on this front. Merges going out soon, apparently. Merge Earthen Ring!

4 Likes