Merge Trade and General chat for Horde and Alliance. Allow learning of Languages

My main characters are on Moonguard, a mostly alliance dominant server. I play that server for the community, people still talk in trade chat and general chat because its not overrun with spam for carries (like Area 52 horde side). It is a very social server where people are always talking to each other or debating something. I enjoy it alot and there is not another server like it. However this means that in order to participate in social interactions I have to play Alliance. In fact most servers are completely one sided which forces all of us to only be able to play half of the available races on our chosen servers if we want to talk to people.

We could learn the language of the other faction and go to their main city to hangout via a reputation grind, similar to how you can learn furblog on the dragon isles.

We have already reached a point to where it would be silly for the horde and alliance to start fighting again. So why not open the game to where you can play any race and not feel left out on a one sided server? You may also be thinking, just make a horde character on another server. Many of us are attached to our server, we know people on it and when we play on another server it just doesn’t feel the same.

What are your thoughts about merging trade and general chat and allowing you to learn the language of the opposite faction?

4 Likes

we dont need that we have 5 ways
the elixir of tongs
be a demon hunter
be a blood elf and a void elf
pandarian
and the furblog speak

1 Like

That’s a no from me.

2 Likes

Why? Im not sure why you didn’t say anything about it.

and before i get the we need it just remember back in the early days of wow with the forsaken that could speak common at the time to set up ambushes to kill low lvl players in world pvp

Trade is for - Trade

General is for General Chat.

That clear it up?

3 Likes

Critical thinking is hard isn’t it.

They want to merge the faction-specific channels together (Alliance trade with Horde trade, etc.).

1 Like

I love that player characters would rather learn how to communicate via snarling before they ever tried to learn common or orcish.

I really feel like you didn’t read or understand anything from my post.

2 Likes

We should be able to communicate with the other side. It’s just a silly restriction leftover from a bygone era at this point.

5 Likes

Stormrage server is the same way. It doesn’t matter when I enter, there is always a lively discussion going on in trade chat.

Don’t let the second example fool you, people don’t really talk about cats all that often.

2 Likes

Well if Baine can just walk into Stormwind don’t see why not and also going off the Dragon Isles seens we can understand at least common and orcish.

That’s utterly ridiculous. With the ability for people to have cross faction guilds, there is no reason not to have cross faction chat at this point.

5 Likes

the reason why we dont have this is the warmode abuse will happen an example would be and this happen to me i nuked a low lvl toon when a rare showed up. the player got on the horde alt parked in that area and typed in global stuff that would make a sailor blush

Trade chat is near useless as is with how fast people spam it, I don’t understand why anyone would want to make it even more so by merging 4 channels.

Man, on emerald dream it’s pretty sleepy, Ally-side at least

On area 52 it’s functionally useless with the speed at which people keep posting services horde side, and alliance is only marginally slower.

Is that the trade or services channel?

I’m all for merging the faction channels.

That being said, I love the fantasy that still remains. These:

Are great. And I feel that there should be a couple more:

-Mages should be able to understand all languages (they did once, right? I wasn’t playing a mage until Legion)
-DH and Warlocks should be able to understand demonic
-Shadow Priests …hehe…
-Druids should be able to chat with each other
-Thieves cant!
-I assume that dracthyr have their own language too?

Side note: I gather it’s not what the OP meant but in case someone else reads it that way, please never merge trade and general chat…I finally started getting some use out of trade chat this expansion.

It’s all trade far as I can tell.

I’d check right now but the servers are down for at least another half hour.