Mental gymnastics

anyone else seeing an uptick in opinions being presented as facts?

8 Likes

Yeah more so now than previously. I’m curious to see the threads after blizzconline.

2 Likes

Is that an opinion or a fact ?

2 Likes

Uptick? No.

8 Likes

Seems no different than spring/summer of '19 IMO.

^ This.

Just a lot of topics around TBC Classic.

1 Like

Happens every time their is a post about multiboxing and people want to start raging about how it is cheating.

Sir, I’m going to need you to define “raging” “multi boxing” and “cheating” before we can proceed.

16 Likes

Dude, keep up with current culture. There are facts, and then there are alternative facts.

It’s a wonderful time to be alive.

8 Likes

Nah. Just the usual “I’m right, and you’re wrong” statements, as usual.

Modern Internet culture at its best…

You know because I post it is fact.

(Not really but it feels that way here some times)

This stuff isn’t new, not to the Internet, not to anything. Unsubstantiated claims, bad opinions, and just straight up horrid logic masquerading as authority is as old as anything else.

What is sorta new, last several decades or so, is a very uniquely Western fixation on FACTS and EVIDENCE and EMPIRICISM to the exclusion of all else. The bastardization of Popper’s theories have just ruined so many would-be skeptics.

1 Like

Sir this is a General Discussions forum, not a PhD defense.

They have a name for those things, it’s called propaganda, and it was popularized recently by a certain authoritarian political party in the 1930’s, and adopted also by the United States news media since that time.

It’s natural for people to employ the methodologies that they have been subject to.

5 Likes

Never fear, the definition is flexible.

2 Likes

I generally don’t come to the forums for facts and reasoned argument. I come to the forums for dumb threads because I’m bored at work.

7 Likes

Opinions are FACTS about the posters’ expressed beliefs.

Checkmate doubters.

4 Likes

you came to the right place then. These forums are some of the worst community lol. What you expect tho, people still giving blizzard money in the form of subs when blizzard dosnt earn it or do anything to keep thier game healthy.

You’re not wrong…