Men’s Mental Health Awareness Month

Stoicism is the key to a healthy mind. Build it up like a fortress

5 Likes

Not all apples are rotten. Only rotten apples are rotten. And talking about rotten apples doesn’t erase fresh, perfectly edible apples.

The reason folks use the term toxic masculinity at all is an implicit recognition that not all masculinity is toxic.

Not all weather is bad!

Not all gases are poisonous to breathe!

Not all dogs bite!

4 Likes

A strong wind may topple the sturdy oak, but the willow bends and lets the wind pass through

5 Likes

You should. People need to express their emotions in order to keep going forward! Macho Man Randy Savage said it best!

14 Likes

bottled and unprocessed emotions will eventually boil down into rage imo/ime

this
its such a misused and diluted term i prefer not to use it but supporting men’s mental health and encouraging support/help for it is against toxic masculinity

3 Likes

There’s a mental health crisis right now.

I think covid accelerated things.

At least people are openly talking about it now, that’s the first step. Letting the problem become widely known.

I grew up with a lot of trauma, and I’m still relatively young. I’m thankful I’ve got family to help support me.

One step at a time, and eventually you’ll be standing on your own.

There’s no reason to rush, parse out your feelings and examine them. Figure out the “why” and then work on the rest.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone was discussing that before you brought it up…

I have been watching some videos about it recently. It seems like a peaceful way of living and mindset. I am a really emotional being (I have cried throwing away an intimate object, yeahhh :sweat_smile: even worse with ppl especially if I care). so, I do not think I could ever be fully stoic.

If I expressed my true emotions I’d get banned on these forums lol.

6 Likes

Dont confuse emotions with a personal belief system

5 Likes

What Akston said XD

Also where did you get your hat?

1 Like

Well it is men’s awareness, men for the most part are masculine lol.

1 Like
2 Likes

I am more of a nacho man

13 Likes

The Macho Man truly is the GOAT!

Oh yeaaah!

4 Likes

Some emotions are forum inappropriate.

Like that one that leads me to bikini mogging all my characters.

And since that’s the only emotion I don’t repress, my emotions are all forum inappropriate lol

2 Likes

bikini mogging is the way, though

3 Likes

I don’t however these forums are happy to suspend and ban over the most nonsensical things.

I found it the Amdrassil questing zone. It was in a treasure I opened.

2 Likes

Huh neat ty

1 Like

The emotions arent inappropriate. Just how one reacts to them.

Not imappropriate at all!

While some are farfetched, most are grounded in a set of rules to promote decent enough conversation.