Memory Problems, BSOD, Display Crashes, and Error 132

I have been a longtime gamer and never seen, encountered, or honestly even heard of a problem like the one ive been dealing with. - For the better part of the last week I have been experiencing serious technical issues all beginning from WoW and Error 132.

I play TBC Classic and raid multiple days a week on multiple teams, this being the case I play a lot of wow, and no one I know is able to help me either. I’ve been having constant display crashes making my monitors turn black and all inputs stop working but I can still hear and communicate through VOIP on discord.

While raiding Sunwell Plateau midboss encounter my game crashes and I get error 132, fatal exception, memory could not be read. From then on I’ve been having constant issues with this and I’ve done just about everything I can think of from uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers, reinstalling games, uninstalling unneeded programs and doing file verification checks, literally nothing came back as a gain. I have even reinstalled my OS and this problem still persists. Ive loaded into WoW with no addons and nothing else open and just stood still in Felwood where I was last fishing and after ~5 minutes my game will either give me an Error 132 code or I will literally get a BSOD memory_management code and then go through a restart.

Its gotten so bad that its spread to other games now too and Im unsure how long I have or can play them until it just eventually BSOD for a frame before displays crash and the PC restarts.

Ive read almost a dozen error 132 helps, memory leak threads, driver update suggestions and links, nothing of this nature works so far. I have linked pastebins to the errorcodes for WoW, hopefully those are useful to someone that can decipher them.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6Core CPU
Radeon RX 580 GPU
16gb DDR4 RAM
1TB Samsung HDD
512GB Western Digital SSD
ASRock B550M pro4 MOBO
Windows 10 Pro OS

yes I have updated my drivers, yes I have uninstalled them multiple times with multiple different programs and then reinstalled them from the AMD website, and yes I have reinstalled WoW and ran it with no other applications open, I have also reset my computer and its OS then reinstalled battle.net and that whole thing too and it didn’t help either. I also did originally have WoW on my SSD but switched it to the HDD when I reset my computer in hopes that maybe that would also resolve the issue but no, memory_management and error 132 are still plaguing me

These crashes are happening when I am standing in Felwood by a river on Graphics setting 5

use memtest and check your memory

using Windows Memory Diagnostic reported 0 problems and I also did a repair/scan on WoW using battlenet tool and that reported 0 issues

Update your mobo BIOS. And also try with just one stick of RAM

Post a dxdiag report. You know, as described in the blue sticky posts at the top of this forum.

Hey Emojo,

Thanks for the detailed info in your original post. Based on everything that you’re describing, it sounds like you’ve narrowed this down to a GPU issue.

Error 132 in WoW is kind of a “catch-all” for errors, but one of the more common causes is when the GPU hangs or drivers crash which causes WoW to crash.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend to try anything that would reduce the load on your GPU while WoW is running. This may reduce the chances of the crash occurring, but won’t fix the underlying problem if it ends up being a hardware or power issue with the GPU.

• Unplug or disable any extra displays if using multiple monitors
  • Lower the graphics settings overall in WoW
  • Limit the foreground FPS to 60 in the WoW System → Advanced settings
  • Set render scale to 100% or try lowering it a bit
  • Make sure to test both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 in the Graphics API option

Given that you have reinstalled Windows and the drivers, and the fact that the crashes are now happening with other games, this would should point to the GPU hardware itself causing the problem. Unfortunately troubleshooting GPU issues / hardware is beyond the scope of what Blizzard Support can assist with. If this iis a pre-built system I’d recommend contacting the manufacturer and working with them to further diagnose the problem, or if you built it yourself you could contact the GPU manufacturer to see if they can offer any other advice.

1 Like

This just feels so much like a software issue and something to do with WoW specifically because I dont have problems anywhere close to this in other games, nor have I ever had this issue on this build of my PC. I have been playing classic wow since it launched in 2019 and swapped GPUs for TBCC when it launched and saw a performance jump, because I upgraded GPUs.

Since then I have had little to no issues but in the last week+ this has come up. It has almost completely stopped in other games after these updates and OS reinstall. As a metric, I literally played 11 PUBG games in a row for over 4 hours while watching a twitch stream on 1080p on the 2nd monitor almost the whole time. However if I open WoW for more than 6 minutes by itself the game will just crash, even with the WTF, Interface, and Cache folders being “reset”/deleted prior to launching.

Hate to break it to you, but this is definitely hardware.

Jambrix is a bit better at parsing WoW crash logs than I am, I have no doubt, so their advice is probably more on the money.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, when I’ve come across memory_management BSODs, it’s often been related to an issue with the RAM. That’s in computers that typically are using the onboard graphics, and are not being used for gaming though.

As something to try, if you’d like, and if you’re comfortable, try pulling out half your RAM and see what happens. If it still crashes, swap the sticks and try the other half (pull the ones originally left in, put the ones originally pulled out back in). It could be a bad stick of RAM, or one or more sticks found a way to unseat themselves from the slot just enough to cause issues.

If it still crashes after that, it’s all but guaranteed to be the GPU. Especially with the display driver crashing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.