Memorial Service for Forbidra

I’m sorry I didn’t post this here before, but I transcribed the entire service, both the spontaneous and scheduled speakers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1__pfDjRQnC2CwX0kXvMQlR0wuicxZHQErYCTKwRc5O4/edit?usp=sharing
11 Likes

Thank you all for the love and support that continues to pour out. Forbs is truly missed. We strive hard to carry on in a way that he would have wanted.

4 Likes

Saw this again and can’t believe this was almost a year ago. Though my time in G4 wasn’t terribly long, I don’t believe I’ve ever felt so welcome in a guild so quickly. It was like stepping into a room full of old friends and all you need to do is catch up and you’re best friends again.

He led by example, and it was a good example.

I wonder what the zone in the Shdowlands is like for people with huge hearts and a kind spirit. I bet their rep armor set has a pointy hat.

9 Likes

I am dumbstruck. Forbidra was a foundation in this server and truly across WoW. G4’s influence is incredible and I know that player made much of that possible. I am sorry that I could not make the service and I hope God has been taking care of this gnome in Heaven.

3 Likes

I here to give my well wishes to Gnomergan Forever. It is sad what happened with Forbes. The legacy of Forbes I am sure will carry on throughout the future. Its also especially sad and tragic that this happened before Forbes got a chance to try out Mechagnomes and experience Mechagon. I would imagine this is something that would have been a real treat for him.

4 Likes

How terrible to hear- RIP Forbs. She was an absolute institution on this server…

I’ll be attending the service.

1 Like

You’re a little late. The service was last January.

1 Like

Even if they can’t attend service, they’re never too late to give love and respect to such a dear person on their passing.

Love and miss you Forbs.

4 Likes

I’ve been away from the game for quite a while, and didn’t hear about this. As a former member of G4, I was deeply saddened to hear about this.
“Engineering is the result of engineering? That’s like saying wiggling your fingers is the result of wiggling your fingers.”

3 Likes