Memorial Service for Forbidra

I’m so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to all of his friends in G4 and beyond. Truly an asset to this community who will be missed by a great many people.

2 Likes

Forbidra did a lot for the game and our community and it is good to see they get recognition for it. All the praise is very well-deserved. I know words are pretty useless in times of mourning to people who have lost loved ones, but hopefully seeing how much of an impact Forbidra had on so many people is of some comfort.

5 Likes

Never spoke her personally, but I always heard good things. From what I’ve always seen, Gnomeregan Forever being super active which is a testament to the passion and hard work you guys put in. I’m sorry for your loss and the loss to the community.

4 Likes

Losing Forb is really a blow of the community, and even game as a whole. I never really spoke to her outside of the forums but it was clear their dedication to the game, and the Gnome race was genuine and from the heart. You knew that if Blizzard did something with Gnomes that made them even more of a joke, there would be a brick smashing through the front window withing an hour with a note tied to it saying 'We Know. - G.F"

But thankfully, while Forbidra may be gone, their passion and legacy lives on within G. F.

5 Likes

Forbs was a powerful force in our community that never let us overlook the little guys. His fierce dedication to fostering a community where gnomes and the like were taken seriously and treated well both IC and OOC could never be matched. I mourn with his fellow gnomies; the loss of him is a severe blow to any one of us that crossed his or his kin’s path.

I hope that his memory and determination carry on with his friends and family, and that we all strive to be better and DO better, because that kind of future is what people like this fight for.

RIP, and for Gnomeregan!

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for the kind words. We have done some testing and have determined there is a “Horde Safe” area for the Memorial Service. We at “G4” look forward to seeing you all there to celebrate the life and times of a great gnome.

7 Likes

Forbs…

Gnomeregan, the Alliance, even Azeroth itself will not be the same without you.

You were the industrial strength glue that kept the cogs of ingenuity together and working at tip-top shape.

You were the spark that brought life to the Gnomish community as a whole, server-round.

You were there as a guiding arm throughout the miry chaos after Gnomeregan’s fall.

You were there as so many of us stepped out into the blinding snowcapped peaks of Khaz Modan lost and confused and gave us a purpose to carry on into the bite-sized heroes we are today.

It would be remiss of us to not carry on your altruistic legacy with a smile in our hearts and a song upon our lips.

So let us not grieve this day, friends, but instead let us expend our vital energies into sowing the seeds of joy and happiness throughout Azeroth!

You will forever be missed. May you soar free above the war fogged clouds of this repressed world and shine the effervescent light of unmitigated genius into the Great Dark Beyond.

• Mekgineer Bevvel Cogsprocket
14 Likes

Bumping so more people know.

3 Likes

It’s wonderful to see such a huge turnout, and I’m so thankful that we have elixir of tongues so us Horde can come pay our respects and understand what is being said.

Thank you all for organizing this and allowing us to join in. Rest in Peace Forbs, and we will never forget you.

8 Likes

Forbs and I butted heads. Often.
Hell, that might be an understatement; but whatever we disagreed on, we could always agree on the fact that Wyrmrest is home and we’d do what we can for it.

But Forbs… Forbs did a lot.
And that’s an understatement.

Gnomeregan Forever.
Forbidra Forever.

Cheers.

12 Likes

Very heartening to see such a huge turnout for one so beloved by not just the server, but the entire RP community. Forbidra was a true inspiration for all of us in more ways than one, and it is a true honor to have helped provide a proper send-off and help carry the torch forward in her memory.

Forbidra forever! Long live the gnomes!

5 Likes

Wish I could have been there but I have almost no time for anything right now, all the best.

-Oswin.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for allowing us to share that with you today, G4. Forbidra Forever.

5 Likes

It was an honor. Thank you, human, for your support.

5 Likes

I will always remember Forbidra as one of my first points of contact here on Wyrmrest Accord. Had it not been for one simple conversation I had with him, I might never have become a member of this wonderful community.

Tonight’s memorial service was a magnificent celebration of Forbidra’s life and the impact he had on us as a community. Thank you for opening this service to the public, so we could honor Forbidra in the way he deserved. :beers: For Forbidra!

5 Likes

Thank you to everyone who was able to join our remembrance this evening. There were so many folks who joined us and shared their own stories. It was a wonderful memorial!

/salute

6 Likes

I’ve been on WrA for years now, and never had an opportunity to interact with Forbidra in-game - but one of my all-time favourite posts on the Wyrmrest forums is one that she’d made to do with your guild’s first raid attempts.

The excitement she had after you guys succeeded at downing your guild’s first normal raid was so obvious and genuine, and was really nice to see in the midst of a lot of often-cynical posting.

Was really sorry to hear about this, and I hope everyone in your guild is doing okay.

2 Likes

A G4 public event was one of the first events I attended on WrA that was outside of our guild…it was late Cata early MoP I believe. Forbs was familiar with our guild’s purpose and reached out via whisper to welcome and encourage participation. Had a lot of good things to say about us and welcomed us to come to G4 events any time. That really meant a lot. Held Forbidra in high regards from that point forward.

Someone last night shared a quote about never truly losing someone until the last time their name is spoken. That hit me in the feels. #ForbidraForever will live on in gnomish lore forever.

Love and respect, may you rest in peace.

5 Likes

Only just heard about this; unaccustomed to getting a case of the feels but feels happened.

I only ran with G4 for a short while, RL matters and such, but I remember my entrance interview with Forbs and the passion for Gnomes that was apparent from day one. While initially an all Gnome guild was what I was looking for, it was his passion for them that sold me.

Point is, in game, never met a player/character who exuded such joy in the accomplishments for both members of guild as well as their own victories. Forbs was a unique player, in my opinion, and a tiny force to come up against. I’ll miss the character, for sure, and though I didn’t know the player much at all - there’s a void left in the wake of his departure.

I’m sorry for your loss, G4; but I believe you’ll carry on Forbs legacy in the times to come.

I know this is an old post but my account has been inactive until now.

I just want to say that Forbs is missed, and will never be forgotten by me.

7 Likes