Melee Leeway needs to go

Dude quit saying this you’re completely wrong

1 Like

they normalized hitboxes so tauren cant swing through pillars

1 Like

There is a twitch clip of an orc doing it.

Correct, the tauren hitbox was normalized to be the same as all other races. You can see a video I posted of an orc in BFA activating leeway. Here it is again. Leeway and increased tauren hitbox combine to form some examples of very large range melee attacks, but they are separate topics

Melee Leeway is a BFA Mechanic? | Classic WoW Discussion - YouTube

that range isnt enough to swing through pillars which is what we’re trying to avoid

Here is a screenshot from a decompiler of Vanilla showing a 2.66 increased range from leeway for melee attacks

mxwcfyzk3y731.png (1662×802) (redd.it)

Here is a blue post showing 2.66 yd increased range from leeway at the end of WoD

[Sticky] Warlords of Draenor Theorycraft Discussion - General Beta Feedback - Blue Tracker - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

Here is the relevant portion.
Melee attack: MAX(5, SourceCombatReach + TargetCombatReach + 4/3) + IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(8/3)

Key part there: IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(8/3). That is the leeway. That 8/3 is 2.66, the same as was shown to be present in the Vanilla client. So we know the leeway was the same between Vanilla and the end of WoD.

Is the target of their attack a Tauren? Because the increased Tauren hitbox means that they both have increased melee range, and that others have increased melee range when attacking them.

Notice how the filename is Pseudocod… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The Pseudocode is an artifact of the decompiler, not Blizzard’s code.

1 Like

Lol this doesn’t happen man, unless you’re lagging like crazy.

Yeah this has to be fixed, it gives a stupid competitive advantage to a race with a bug that shouldn’t be in the game with today’s internet standards. The only people advocating for this are Taurens that want to be busted.

It’s Beta, let’s see what they do. There may be some tweaks to the calculations needed right now that they might be testing out and it will get refined in later beta releases.

Leeway has a modifier that they change based on hitboxes, latency, and several other factors, so it is just a matter of getting the modifier value tweaked appropriately.

I see nothing wrong here.

#notbiased

Totally agree. It was there or not, it’s stupid and needs to go.

I believe it was orc versus troll.

Isn’t this like the 4th or 5th time this EXACT SAME POST has popped up? Seriously. Just stop. It’s pathetic.

It literally is happening. Check out some of the streams. It’s insanity.

Yes, and I really hope they don’t change our hotbox even if they reduce the clownish leeway window.

I am a tauren warrior same as I was back in TBC. I remember being able to clip at an angle throught the pillar with attacks while chasing people. Straight through though? Never tested it, but this also only tauren vs tauren that these clips are showing.

They have not changed the range given by leeway in over 15 years. It has always been 2.66 yards. The chance that it is altered is tiny.

didnt they already say leeway was going away in tbc?