Melee DPS is harder than ranged. /duck

If you can ,plus can’t cast while moving in most class specs.

You can. Many specs have an ability that lets them cast while moving at least temporarily. And there are instant casts, dots to reapply, etc…

You can always be pushing something. The old ABC rule.

IF we were comparing specific elements of melee vs casters/range, sure there are obvious pros and cons. I wouldn’t just say one is easier than the other. I’d say that is a more subjective view from my experience with other players. Some people thrive as melee or ranged. Sometimes both, like me.

For example, looking at a healer’s perspective outward in, they may find healing ranged easier because they aren’t squished right up in a pile of tanks and other melee, who are subject to locational damage in a bosses hitbox. Easy to miss a lethal mechanic when there is a lot of traffic in an area full of spell details and player pixels. Ranged is spread out and sees these mechanics easier. A con is the ranged may be out of range of one or more healers, where the melee and tanks are likely covered by most or all healers in range. You either stop dpsing and move in range, or hope a healer gets to you in time.

I like the conversation you started because we can discuss these specific things but just saying outright that one is easier than another is a very complicated topic.

1 Like

Most are not even good enough for damage ,sigh ,they are just fillers in rotations. It’s an illusion.

Excuse me. Do you know how long it took me to train my pet to do most of my work for me? It wasn’t easy. Even then, I constantly have to Command it to Kill. So lazy…

1 Like

Truly,it is pointless but that never stopped the complaints and honestly,it wouldn’t in the future. I just view this as a team effort than an individual view.

You’re still not able to teach them to jump over gaps so it’s not always an ez life for BM :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Imagine people caring about APM’s in WOW of all games. Jeeeesus

Right? let’s see how many times I can press a button, maybe it will eventually bypass the GCD wall

Uh What???

It’s a roll of the dice.

Will he just stand there and despawn when I run far enough?
Will he teleport to my location after I run far enough away?
Will he run 8,000 mph around an alternative path to my location?

/roll

Feint or whatever, there’s some rogue ability for escape and dropping out of combat that was removed an expansion or two ago.

Vanish? It’s still in the game. It just doesn’t drop combat from boss encounters when you’re really close.

It is very useful for dropping threat. But doesn’t work so well on avoiding wipe deaths because hunters won’t cast “play dead”. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh I know, I’ve been there :laughing:

I’m pretty sure there was something called ‘feint’ that was similar to the hunter’s ‘feign death.’ Mentioning ‘vanish’ reminds me, those hiding rogue abilities don’t seem to be working as good as they used to either.

Feint exists too but it’s a damage reduction to AOE by default. It may have reduced threat once upon a time, I can not remember.

You literally have zero clue what you’re talking about.

Feint hasn’t been removed.
Vanish hasn’t been removed.

1 Like

Something changed an expansion or two ago because I still notice to this day that something is missing from the rogues escape abilities.

I don’t think so but maybe you’re right. Feint used to reduce threat and the last expansion for that was cataclysm.