Megadungeons always serve as a reminder

For some of us pugging is the only option

1 Like

Amen. Mega dungeons feel like real places

I’m talking about ranking here, not enrage timers.

I’m suggesting ranking on order of completion, not timing to complete.

The first place in the rankings would be the group who first finishes a M+28 first, not the group who finish it the fastest.

I’m suggesting a ranking based on “who finishes this dungeon, at this level, the fastest”, based on “time since its release date” instead of “time since the start of the dungeon”, since that’s how raid groups are ranked and it makes a lot more sense for a RPG over timers, which are more adequate to single player arcade/platform games which have more player agency on the outcome.

I’m also suggesting alternate modes of difficulty instead of purely timers, namely, cooldown restrictions, increasingly stronger/varied/number of enemies on the very run, random boss placement etc.

This way, the failure wouldn’t be related to timing alone but poor planning, bad runs etc.

Torghast was a much better template for what I envision as a M+ alternative (keyword: alternative. I don’t want to ruin it for those who like it).

Even Mage Tower showed you can have difficulty not directly related to a timer.

IMO, timers have a place in Challenge modes for actual awesome cosmetics, and I miss those.

M+ sucks as the only alternative to PvE raiding.

I do jump around a lot… Use different weapons… And i’m covered in metal

Oh my god i’m mega man

2 Likes

Imagine a Megaman class in game.

Well I mean there’s mechagnome race

Note to self name mechagnome mechaman.

1 Like

They don’t get extra abilities from bosses though (THAT WOULD BE SO EFFIN DOPE)

1 Like

Until people complained about how they had to group up to just use their class.

Don’t underestimate the power of whiney mmo players

Treat boss abilities like raid tiers.
They get what they need for rotations from regular enemies.
Kinda like hunter pets in a sense.

Oh yeah, spending 30+ minutes doing scaled up content requiring lots of preemptive thought and focus just to loot 50 gold is much better

This I agree with, I just have concerns with scaling systems that don’t have time limits when players are already deliberately waiting for bloodlust on every boss in dawn of the infinite.

Really? Whatever for? To try for the no-deaths thing?

Why? Who is hurt besides maybe blizzard’s metrics

So a mechagnome druid with symbiosis brought back? I know thats friendly not boss, though.

Closest I could think.

Common massive Akston L.
The dude is right. Your consistent runs with a static group are going to give you a view on m+ that not a large amount of people share.

Maybe this all serves as a reminder that the playerbase has shot itself in the foot over the years, by becoming more and more dependent on pugging with disposable players they’ll never see again, rather than making quality connections with others that last for years and provide not only a better gameplay experience, but also let us make new friends.

But no, people want their “convenience” instead. And then come and complain about how terrible everyone is. Except them, of course. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Like I said, limited long cooldown usage would easily resolve this. (Any CD longer than 1 minute can only be used once per run).

And even then, the scaling system would eventually be a hard brick wall on this.

Rogue Legacy 2, for instance, also uses infinite scaling and keeps getting harder after a certain point.

This is rather bias, considering you make no mention of the guild at your back.

I wager the content would’ve been much harder if you did not.

I’d rather have people leave the key than sit in a premade group for an hour waiting on for a tank/healer to queue up.

1 Like

yeah i hated being able to make tons of gold every day just by tapping on some things on my phone. that was awful!

as opposed to raiding two nights a week and then either playing alts or logging off until reset?