Mega Servers

People use “Layers” when speaking about capacity in tandem because its a good way to describe things… EVEN if its not technically correct.

BUT the OP did correctly point out that the server capacity needs to be increased; even if that’s a temporary move on blizzard’s part.

why are you defending Blizzard? I mean, yes it is what it is, but you pointing out that it might not be easy to do, isn’t the same as Blizzard doing nothing.

After all the crap Blizz has been doing the last couple of years, I can’t understand who in that company see’s this as a good thing; and not sure why it’s player base would be okay with it.

1 Like

None of what you have said is true, unless you have another explanation for private servers that exists with caps reaching 21k+ per server. As far as layers are concerned, I’m saying that would be needed in conjunction with more server space as this would help with overcrowded areas. Most people know the leadership at Blizzard is full of it on this issue. Hopefully more people stand up and continue to complain until they do something about it.

Retail does this as well.

Classic players tend to not like this type of cross realm functionality though.

Yes they can, and they’ve done it before.

I’m not the one taking issue with your comment.

It was possible before. It remains possible. Blizz is lying to you, and others (including some on the community council) have pointed out the unfounded statements.

Like this one?

Yes they are.

3 Likes

Blizzard knows the parameters of their servers. Do you think it’s appropriate they took everyone’s transfer money despite knowing that if all these people decided to play at once they would far exceed capacity? No they are probably ethically justifiable in doing that….

You probably think the titanic had the right amount of life boats too…

1 Like

Yes people choose to play on a mega server. Why is absolutely no one blaming blizzard for selling too many tickets for a limited seat show?

What kind of crazy world do you guys live in where you blame the consumer for the providers abhorrent and predatory business practices?

2 Likes

The flight was overbooked, they offered another flight that wasn’t. People didn’t accept, now they’re stuck waiting in the airport.

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

1 Like

I kind of agree! Truly way to fix this is have 3 Servers Bene 1, Bene 2, Bene 3 cross realm these 3 together fixs the problem with ques. Now you don’t force any players moving.

1 Like

They shouldn’t have oversold tickets in the first place.

1 Like

The best part is they put out a giant blog post like a month and a half ago saying they CANNOT increase server size or layers, and explained that adding layers won’t solve the problem. Then they offered free transfers and asked people to please use, and then said the last option which they don’t want to do is move people.

People were given a month and a half warning. Yet here we are.

1 Like

Nah. Pointing out historical precedent is by definition not unfounded.

“Overbooked” rofl. 10, 20, maybe even 1,000 is overbooked.

17,000 overbooked on a packed flight of 20,000?

Get a grip and stop supporting an exploitative company.

1 Like

Get a grip, you were given options and you refused them.

3 Likes

Oh hey look! facts!
INB4: “lmao you trust blizzard?”

2 Likes

THIS IS THE ANSWER.

Retail is that way →

2 Likes

You’re not understanding which is not shocking from most of your posts.

The system proposed doesn’t exist in retail.