Mega Servers

Mega Servers are not the problem. Blizzard being lazy and not adding more layers and increasing those servers’ player capacity is. I know games with much higher requirements than this decade old game that do a better job with server management. This is poor implementation and execution on Blizzard’s part. There are no reasons not to increase server capacity, except they are either lazy, cheap, or don’t know how.

23 Likes

Go get some sun

9 Likes

Please outline the requirements for running and maintaining a healthy server infrastructure environment for hosting all of the service components required to support the World of Warcraft Classic system.

Or are you basing your entire nonsense claim on the minimum requirements to run the game client?

Also, layers don’t help. That technology was not designed for that. It was created to add separation between large groups of players to avoid client-side performance issues.

8 Likes

ya how dare blizzard force you to play on that sever what monsters!!!

3 Likes

Yes i agree that Blizzard shares “PART” of the blame but not entirely all of the blame! Streamers are part of the problem. And yes players are part of the problem too!

All acting like mindless sheep flocking where ever the carrot is pointed.

The need to smash these servers. Take Benediction. They create three new servers with a cap of 11k each with a maximum load of 13k . You have two weeks to choose one otherwise come the end of the two weeks they will be split with the three evenly.

5 Likes

BRB, need to be gordon ramsay to know milk is spoiled

1 Like

There should be no cap is my point. They are too lazy to expand the server, which takes nothing to do. They just don’t want to pay for server space due to being cheap.

Layers don’t increase server capacity. Nothing can be done to increase the server capacity at this point.

1 Like

No point in outlining it. Everyone knows that all they have to do to fix this issue is to buy more server space, which is not as expensive as some people try to make out. Less than 15-20 cents per player. I don’t need to type an essay to prove this point, but you are welcome to live in denial.

1 Like

Here comes the people just saying “JUST TRANSFER!!” expecting people to leave their guild/friends. I’m not even on a full pop server and I feel the frustration ya’ll have.

1 Like

You didn’t even read the part you quoted.

1 Like

Which is why there is an “and” in my comment. Increasing server size AND layers. Layers are to help with overcrowding in smaller areas. They are needed on mega servers, especially if they increase the cap beyond the shallow amount of 11k.

Not my fault you only took issue with part of my comment and expected me to not address it in whole.

They cannot add any more layers. Maybe you should all go play the game instead of chasing your favorite streamer or dogpiling into the overcrowded servers where there’s too many people and it’s basically just like retail anyway.

I don’t know what to say to someone that is ignorant enough to make the post you did and believe it. I’ve played on private servers that have 2-3 times larger pops than what Classic has. They most definitely can increase the cap.

3 Likes

Depressing how true this is

Yes it was chaotic, and difficult to get basically any in-game objectives done sometimes. But i was very impressed with how stable p.servers ran. Also had lower ping to some of them than I do to blizz ones

1 Like

I don’t know what to say to someone who is ignorant enough to make the post you did and believe it, so I’ll just quote an actual Blizzard representative speaking on behalf of industry experts.

4 Likes

In all fairness, a Blue Post specifically addressed these points. They’re not possible.

Edit: It has been linked, right above this post.

1 Like

There’s a very easy answer to “how” we should fix this, and I’m surprised more people aren’t saying it. Both FFXIV and Guild Wars allow players to move between servers instantly from the character screen. I’m on ServerA and I find out my coworker is on ServerB? I just transport to his server for the day and hang with him.

1 Like

Let’s be honest. The queue times would not exist if you didn’t need a mega-server to reliably find groups. If they added a dungeon finder that paired you with people from other servers, it would solve most of these issues. Instead, we get “community,” and queue times.

3 Likes

“Blizz” in its current form has 0 credibility. Why would you believe what they claim?

They claimed they “lost the code” for wow vanilla and gave this as the reason they wouldn’t make WoW Classic. Check it out for yourself

Probably lied many other times too.

That dude is right about private servers, i have 100 screenshots of insanely busy pservers. Cities are jam packed with players and it is running fine

Old blizz: gave us wow, tbc, wotlk
Modern blizz: gave us body type 2, 6 hour queues, and the incubus

3 Likes