Mega Servers Are The Problem

Hey, I’m with you on this.

There is literally no way that server technology in the year 2022 can handle massive numbers of people.
And if there was a way, it would simply cost too much money.

Much better that we take the free transfers to the servers we aren’t allowed to see any population info or statistics on, leaving everyone we know behind, and be thankful that the company we’re paying for a service from is willing to give us this opportunity to enjoy the game we love.

People are entirely too entitled these days, and it’s honestly disgusting.

1 Like

You know, your attitude on this subject is incredibly toxic.
It reminds me of…
The vaccination debate.
Vaxers wishing ill will upon the un-vaccinated.
The Unvaxxed wishing ill will upon the vaccinated.
Oh and lets not forget the political debate…
You’re just one of these toxic individuals.

People just want to play the game, find groups, play on balanced servers, not be on dead servers, not be on 99% servers, ect
Give it time Sulfuras will be a 99% horde PVE server again, its already happened once before. Sept 2021-Sept 2022.
Your attitude is just toxic and completely lacking in empathy.

Wowclassicpop is reliable, I don’t know why people don’t just use that.

We get people every 2 mins on Eranikus with the “how’s the pop here” or “is this realm dead” or “what’s the faction balance like”.

It’s sad, a community of followers that are afraid to decide for themselves because they are emotionally attached.

Eranikus is healthy and one of the best choices I’ve made in this game btw. Definitely beats a 4 hour queue and complaining on the forums.

3 Likes

… did you really miss all the sarcasm I’ve layered throughout this post?
You’re pro-vaccine-mandate as well, it seems.

Interesting correlation.

1 Like

I rest my case.
You’re toxic
and this game along with the entire gaming community is overflowing with people like you.

2 Likes

I actually transferred to Eranikus as well.

Unlike all those ungrateful people wanting to decide where they want to play!

1 Like

The only fault that Blizzard had in this issue was not locking servers once they got too populous.

2 Likes

Exactly! How could they possibly know how many players are on the servers they own, maintain, and exercise administrative power over?

It really falls on us as players, who should (through experience, obviously) be able to determine what server populations are at without being given access to that data, to make the right decision on which servers to play on.

And when we make the wrong choice, we really honestly have no one to blame but ourselves for long queue times.

No, because they have addressed it a million times already and yet ppl still act like they know more than.

We are overlooking the fact that classic specifically asks for these technologies not to be included. Retail solved this issue long ago.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, and I’m so thankful that Blizzard decided not to change literally anything about Classic to improve quality of life for players.

We need to maintain the true classic experience, afterall!

Which is why I’m glad spell batching is still in the game.

Yes im too blame cause my low pop server died and i was forced to transfer

/s

1 Like

Accepting responsibility is the first step toward growing.

Im not responsible for blizzwart’s cruddy server management get out

Please go back and read any of my comments in this thread (to include the original post) out loud.

The challenge is to read any of them without sarcasm and make it make sense.

Report back on your findings.

I cant tell which part is sincere and which part is sarcasm. But your last paragraph is false. It is not anyone’s individual fault the servers are the way they are. But it is the fault of those who have the means to have prevented these issues in the first place. Blizzard went ahead and killed 25 servers prior to launch of wotlk. No kidding we get queues now.

GM’s who told their guilds to all flock to mega servers are slightly to blame lol. All so that they could have cheap crafting materials, lets be real most people don’t give a crap about community.

Sucks blizz shut down servers though. Also very bad planning on their end to shut down free transfers OFF mega servers in the middle of guild migrations. Blizz is just spitting in their customers mouths at this point

I haven’t experienced this yet.
Do I have to pay extra for it… and if so, how much?

you need friends…

who login on maintenance day when you’re a weekend player

Player choice is important in a lot of areas. Being able to choose a server, however, is not one of them and should honestly be removed. You should not be able to pick a server and instead, much like ESO, you are behind the scenes placed on a server as nessecary to handle population stress with all behind the scenes servers being cross server compatible.

Letting players choose creates massive balance issues that are made even worse when you throw massive influencers into the mix who dictate to thousands to come to “X” server.