Mega Servers Are The Problem

There is literally no way Blizzard could take the 2+ million dollars (monthly) worth of subscriptions from players waiting in queue RIGHT NOW to play with their friends and fix this problem.

Mega servers are the problem.

Anyway, did you all hear about Bathesda and Zenimax launching Elder Scrolls Online in April of 2014 with a SINGLE mega server world that can host any number of players with nearly no performance issues?

Crazy.

Anyway. You should definitely have seen this coming when you went to a mega server. You brought this on yourself. Only you are to blame.

17 Likes

Players aren’t to blam,. but players also need to come to grips with the fact that they aren’t going to make it possible and act accordingly.

edit: Your name is amazing btw.

2 Likes

No way, I’m with blizzard on this one.

If you chose to migrate to a server with a massive population to avoid the issues of waning player interest during the periods between content patches, you absolutely deserve to be unable to play the game when new content comes out.

Blizzard should never accept any responsibility for allowing that to happen.
Nor should Blizzard ever release actual data on server stats and population numbers so that players can make informed decisions.

It’s really this simple: Go to a mega server and pay for a queue time simulator.

Unless you decide to do the right thing and take a free transfer to a server that you also have no quantifiable data on, which would involve severing all social ties you made on a social game.
But really, it’s the right thing to do. And you’re wrong if you don’t do the right thing.

13 Likes

High brow trolling right here. All the lame trolls who “chime in” on every thread with some 10-word argumentative setence should take notes from OP

7 Likes

I agree; if you werent on Grobb before TBC please leave my medium pop RP paradise and take your names like Bussyslayer and Boobabusta to another server please and thank you. <3

10 Likes

Yet if you were already on that massive pop server before it got massive?

2 Likes

There’s only two options here:

Either you’re at fault, or the company you’re paying for a service from is at fault.

Naturally, we have no choice but to come to the conclusion that Blizzard literally cannot fix this problem by incorporating the server and coding technology other companies have to solve this issue.

As such, to answer your question (sadly, at great length it seems):
You are at fault, and should have known better.

3 Likes

I don’t know where you play ESO but it is plagued with performance issues to this day.

3 Likes

Blizzard could shut down all the mega servers and offer free xfers to 5 different realms.
Anyone who does not pick by the timer gets moved just like when they closed the low pop realms.
Guilds could move together to the same place, there could be faction caps on servers.
If a realm gets locked, you could move to another realm without CD if New realm2 gets too full and half your guild cant make the move? You can all still move for a 2week grace period.

Solutions exist, the issue is they are doing NONE

2 Likes

I agree completely. The bad adaptation of ESO’s code throughout the years is far worse than what we’re experiencing with WOTLK Classic right now.

People act like it’s such a bad thing that they literally can’t play the game they’re paying to play, but they don’t know how good they have it.

Let them deal with abilities not firing correctly sometimes when they press them like on ESO and then we’ll see how much they complain!

1 Like

Omg if that happened to me I would LITERALLY die.

1 Like

I know! I would actually get heart palpitations sometimes when I pressed abilities in ESO and they didn’t work as quickly as I wanted.

Much safer for my health that I have an 11.5 hour queue to sit through. It’s actually very relaxing and therapeutic, but everyone wants to be dramatic.

Imagine being upset just because you’re paying for a service that you don’t have reasonable access to. Ugh. The entitlement.

I was actually thinking the same thing. the post is atrocious… but great name.

3 Likes

It was actually accidental.
My main has always been named Lancel… my DK is Lanceldk… my lock just happened to accidentally end up with a cool name.

Also, the post isn’t THAT bad. It’s not like you had to wait 9+ hours to view it.

1 Like

But, did you take 9hours to write it?

Sadly, yes.
Yes it did.

I’m mostly self-educated. Fortunately the queue times lately have allowed me to brush up on how to punctuate.

1 Like

People are emotionally tied to servers, that’s the problem. It’s a game. Move on.

People would rather sit in hours long queues than play. It’s wild.

1 Like

I agree 100%.

I came here to play a video game, not to build relationships with people or to experience the game with them.

In a guild with people you raided WOTLK with 14 years ago? What a stupid excuse to want to be on a server.

These losers need to take the free transfer and appreciate all the great things Blizzard is willing to do for them!

1 Like

Chick and eggs…

Player created problem.

No players — no problems

/mindblown

Exactly, just because you don’t like the solution doesn’t mean it’s not a solution.

They can’t fix the queues, but you can. Take the free transfer and play the game. There are other guilds. You won’t be able to form a 25 person raid with 4 hour queues.

Take the L and move on.

2 Likes