Meet the Earthen, A New Playable Allied Race

This is so bad, all the great choices for an new expansion race. Disappointment doesn’t even do it justice. Bad, bad, bad job on this.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’m so annoyed that I can’t post my clever gifs…

So that being said…

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

Lmae can we get the furry trolls instead they look way cooler and a lot more unique

2 Likes

I only just got back the ability to do so! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

runs rampant all over the forums

2 Likes

Lol. I think I lost mine during the great BFAing… a sad day for gif lovers everywhere.

2 Likes

Rock people eat rocks.

2 Likes

So, the Alliance is getting sentient Golems as an allied race. What’s the Horde getting? The troll like race that was briefly shown?

1 Like

Earthen and Frostborn (Those blue Earthen with the eagles) aren’t on the top tier, but they’ve basically generally been the equivilent of the Taunka or Yaungol requests. Consistent enough, but not in the top tiers, instead around the other “Yeah that’s just pre-existing” that aren’t High Elves and Forest Trolls

You’re also getting Earthen

(but there’s like a 90% chance the troll/elf looking race is going to be another Allied race and will end up on both factions as well)

1 Like

Why would Dwarves, even ones made of nothing but rock, join the Horde? I’m pretty sure the Flesh and blood ones would do anything and everything to prevent that from ever happening.

2 Likes

They are not using the troll model. They only use the nelf model, so another Alliance race next to nightborne, female humans and dwarves.
They are night elves to whom more weight was given and pig bristles were stuck on. Not exactly nice to look at.

2 Likes

Why wouldnt they?
Theyre a group of people neither faction has met until now, and both horde and alliance are working with them.

2 Likes

Because they’re Earthen, not dwarves, and you’ve worked with other ones of them in the past, and will be working with them this expansion

Like, there’s a whole batch out the back of Storm Peaks who are fighting the iron dwarves. Got a whole flight point and everything. You help them wrangle a giant worm to fight an iron giant. Then there’s the whole batch in Deepholm, and Magnai had a few of them working for him during BfA who turned up in Zuldazzar

TThey got troll-style reversed toes and tusks. They’re trelves. Plus, the base of the male Zandalari is the NElf model anyway, so drawing more from Zandies

1 Like

It still the night elf model with quillboar features. I mean, sure, there might be some who are into chubby night elves who’ve spent a bit too much time with quilboars. It’s just not my taste.^^

1 Like

Wait they changed it? Thank goodness I’m all for every race having every class but like I also want it to make sense in the lore and Earthen Death Knights made no sense considering the Lich King is gone and well their titan constructs.

3 Likes

and since when had hardcore lore or a sense of continuity? BFA and Shadowlands tossed all that out of the window.

1 Like

And Earthen dwarves eat soil, cause soils ain’t soils :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not what I would’ve asked for but I’ll take it. Not into the whole bearded lady thing either but I guess if that’s dwarf culture

I’ve never seen anyone ask for any of these. If anything, they probably wanted them as a customization choice for the already current races. A skin tone change of sorts.

No they weren’t. They never were. You just made that up lmfao.

3 Likes

I rolled one up in the Alpha and played most of the way through the first zone, apparently they don’t “die” in a traditional way. They just get more and more vague until they turn into a statue, and then their memories are stored in a group core (that the Earthen are currently unable to access).

It makes sense that they can’t be raised from the dead if they don’t “die”.