Meet the Earthen, A New Playable Allied Race

Know how easy it is to say the earthen DKs are the ones from northrend?

3 Likes

Pretty much.

I mean, look at 'em.

3 Likes

Except these aren’t. They’re not even the same type of Earthen. So nope.

It’s much better this way. For once, they did something with a race that makes sense.

4 Likes

Except, DKs can raise other DKs…I know personally who raised Saurfang and all

4 Likes

Not anymore they can’t.

2 Likes

actually 100% goat

2 Likes

The incredible ibex defies gravity and climbs a dam | Forces of Nature with Brian Cox - BBC (youtube.com)

Man, goats have no traction with hooves whatsoever…

8 Likes

Rather of had Gnolls.

1 Like

How do they have hairy beards when they’re made out of stone? Garbaggio lmfao.

How do yall keep dropping the ball with ARs? These and dracthyr are :dog: :poop:

5 Likes

Their hair is made out of metal

3 Likes

Enable Death Knights. You gave us universal Death Knights already. Don’t take it away.

We’re supposed to be moving toward universal class options for all races.

3 Likes

Kinda disappointing that we just get a reskin since there’s never a new skeleton made for this game anymore.
Even the drakthyr were just reskinned sayaad.

3 Likes

I’ve warmed up to the earthen. I think they would’ve gotten a slightly kinder reception if they had druids with stone animal forms, but since they don’t, I’ll likely make an earthen warrior, paladin, shaman, or mage and then continue to hope that harronir with druids are coming in 11.0.5 or later.

2 Likes

The best druid form is just a reskinned hozen

1 Like

I must admit they’re starting to grow on me. Just have to figure out a story angle to fit one in with my existing characters.

5 Likes

Honestly, this is probably the lamest thing they could have thought of. With so many other options, yet another dwarf recolor on a race most people don’t care about already… lol

Lets hope the gameplay doesn’t dissapoint as well.

2 Likes

Thank God they aren’t yet. It makes no sense for these Earthen to be DKs right now and I’m glad they’re sticking to something making sense in the lore.

4 Likes

They’ve made up reasons constantly.

The first Death Knights were just orc souls stuck in human corpses. Just do that again. Souls in rock bodies. A wizard did it.

I used to be strongly against the class restrictions lifting because of story reasons…but Blizzard gave it up a long time ago. Suddenly deciding that this one doesn’t make sense isn’t going to save the lore.

If they didn’t want Earthen to be every class, then Earthen shouldn’t have been chosen to be playable at all.

6 Likes

Blame Peter Jackson, he created dwarf lore with The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, and they have beards.

2 Likes

And there is currently no reason that makes logical sense right now.

Can you show me another Allied Race that can be every single class? There is no precedent that says this needs to be done.

I’m hoping they decide against all races, all classes, personally.

3 Likes