Medium pop still has login queue

So, on OCE we had one PVP server to chose from - where should we have moved to and made prior arrangements for before launch day?

2 Likes

that’s not a queue. last night was 6 hour queues. and they are probably trying to be smart and get people to really spread out. once layering is removed servers like herod are going to have 10 hour queues again.

just woke up don’t ask.

You can’t lock down servers genius. Especially when launch hasn’t even happened.

1 Like

No argument there. You guys and the RP-PvP realm got the shaft last night. No alternatives, just long wait times and continent crashes.

3 Likes

I was pleased with the population we had on deviate delight. Which was one of the servers they opened in the hours that followed launch. No queue, and alot of people. rppvp. good times.

yeah, i went to kirtonos soon as it opened up. it ended up with 2k in queue but by 2am queue was gone. herod right now is 50 in queue. 10 secs to get on. was 25k in queue(6 hours). and lots of people didn’t even get to play. vs about 30mins in queue for kirt

I agree that was just stupid - they have the ability to lock servers.

1 Like

Although I’ll admit I was a bit frustrated at times yesterday, I’m ultimately thankful for the chance to come back home to the old azeroth Ive missed. Well done classic team. Thank you blizzard. :smile:

6 Likes

Sure they can.

No, no thet can’t. If they did, they would have to require entire guilds to buy a subscription two weeks before the game even released just to get on the same server.

1 Like

however much i agree, that is not a thing i want. entire guilds(groups of friends also) are trying to get on same server. some of which have invested time into a server already. you end up with a lot more drama with either people no longer able to play with friends or guilds forced to restart again.

this would end up worse than having 3-4 servers ending up with a queue again once half the pop disappears in a week and layering is removed.

1 Like

There is an easy fix to this… make a 2nd of each server Fairbanks 2 or a Whitemain 2. Then merge them when the population dies off. Your welcome…

7 Likes

Or the guild on the full /locked server could just move off - mine did so it really isn’t impossible

thats not bad. they’ll have weird issues with names unless they do name-fairbanks2. but i guess they could figure that one out later on. might be harder to code it so you can’t take names from doppleganger server.

1 Like

Thankyou watcher for at least keeping us informed. Please keep this up :slight_smile: many thanks.

So you’re expecting people to ask their friends who some have already invested 10+hrs to leveling together to reroll for their members stuck in queues and havent even managed to login to their reserved toons for the first time?
Ok… literally no-one will do that

1 Like

Bro, ALL of the servers that allowed for name reservation pre-launch had 4 hour plus queues. By 11:00 eastern, several of the post-launch servers had queues of over an hour. This is not an issue of people being stubborn and not heeding blizzard’s warning. There was no way for communities who planned to play together on a server to avoid the queue cluster French last night, and now they either have to make the players who got in and are level 15+ reroll on one of these new servers or the queues will continue. This alleged desire to create healthy communities is going to end up splitting them.

7 Likes

its really not that tough a problem to solve. you merge servers. before the server reaches DEAD point.

people are rather used to that and the world didn’t end. we all know mergers are down the line even with this small amount of servers. the last ones up are likely the ones that will end up dead first. i’d rather hope you’d merge us sooner than you decided to merge the first go around.

2 Likes

You came into the middle of the conversation. They should have locked the server as soon as they were full prior to launch and opened up others.

Of course people aren’t going to move now.

Anyway enjoy your queues.

3 Likes

We’ve released over 20 new realms worldwide so far since launch, and we’ll be up around the clock continuing to do so until everyone who wants to experience Classic is able to.

But even on Atiesh last night, hours after the launch of the realms and with multiple other servers being added, it was a 5 hour login wait. So you failed in this regards as massive amounts of people were unable to even get in the game the 1st day.

15 years you’ve seen the rush people have for Warcraft for the start of an game and expansion and for 15 years you’ve constantly failed to meet the demand. Hell, even just browsing all the Discords, which weren’t a true indication of what the servers would be like, you could have seen the massive influx of characters that would be there on launch.

So, true to Blizzards rule No Changes to getting people to actually play the game. Pretty sure if Blizzard keeps it true to Vanilla that we all get a month compensation as that is what is was back then as well.

At this rate, the majority of people who don’t have 5+ hours to sit at a PC waiting to get in hopefully, will be able to finally get in 2 weeks from now, when the majority of the population is halfway leveled thus ruining the whole “Fresh start with everyone” feeling.

2 Likes