Mechagnomes...Death Knights?!?!

Explain it to me, how can a mechagnome become a Deathknight??

I thought they had no “living parts” to begin with, how do you kill that which is not dead?

2 Likes

they are only partly mechanical.
The parts that look fleshy are flesh.

14 Likes

(someone brings Bolvar a pile of tinkertoy parts)

“… how in the Twisting Nether am I supposed to make a Death Knight out of this?!? Hang on … fetch me a Raspberry Pi, a life-size gnome doll, and a twelve-volt battery. I think I can make this work.”

43 Likes

They’re cyborgs, not androids.

Don’t pull a Dragonball Z here.

7 Likes

They’re cyborgs which means they have organic parts. They aren’t totally machines. Maybe we should change the name to Junkergnomes to avoid this confusion.

7 Likes

I will go ahead here and say it…
no one cares or asked for Mechagnomes.

They are born from some twisted mind that plays horde and wants to give, yet, another blow to the Alliance.

=(

7 Likes

I wish everyone, including Blizzard would stop calling Junker Gnomes “mechagnomes”. -sigh-

I actually would have liked real Mechagnomes.

7 Likes

if you look at them, you can see most of the mechagnomes are only “upgraded” partially. In the case of playable MGs, it’s mostly their arms/legs and maybe some augments for their heads.

In fact, the entire story of that zone is how the big bad was tryin to force everyone to go full mecha but they didn’t want to and rebelled against it.

6 Likes

Everyone seemed to like them. Until they were actually added. They were added for the gnome players who liked them, sorry you’re childish.

I wish people would quit moaning about gnomes getting something.

8 Likes

Its ok… I am happy you are happy with it.

three words.

undead death knights… how many times they got to die before they are actually dead ?

7 Likes

Why it matters ? Noone is going to play them, ever.

I’m sorry little troll, but gnomes got nothing, just like Draenei got nothing when Lightforged were added.

Because Blizzard would rather force time gates than add in updated customizations for old races.

1 Like

The point of the playable Mechagnome story is that they didn’t want to go full-mecha. There were parts of their living flesh that they liked and didn’t want to replace.

5 Likes

So wrong. I can’t wait to unlock and play them.

2 Likes

I’m going to play a cute little golden Mechagnome Mage with golden hair and pigtails :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I would imagine they’re kinda like midget Plague Marines (40k Chaos Space Marines that serve Nurgle)
Their mechanical parts are rusted and clogged with viscera, releasing a grinding screech with each plodding step as they slowly run you down. Once they catch you, and they will catch you, it is a coinflip where you will dragged. To their dark master or to the depths of Mechagon City to be mechanized.

Mechagnomes would be badass is they weren’t, well, gnomes.

WTB Mechaorcs

2 Likes

Pretty much until someone stops trying to being them back.

1 Like

Draenei got badass space marines. Gnomes got cyborgs who build planet-destroying superweapons.

It’s only one of the major things people are excited for in 8.3 but no, you’re right, no one is ever going to play them.