Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

Negative, there was a tweet that confirmed we can meet the requirements on a Horde character.

2 Likes

So it’s confirmed then that, for the Mechagon questline criteria, that you need an Alliance character to do be able to unlock MechaGnomes?

Thats…a real shame. Especially since it requires at least Revered to even do that. It’s also an odd decision, given that other allied races let you do the criteria on the opposite faction.

Well, I guess this means I don’t need to do my experiment. Least I know I’ll only need to do Heroic Mechagon once on my Alliance character to get them. x- x

1 Like

Urgh, it’s so frustrating! I wish they had said we needed rep on Alliance. Would have been an easy grind during the Anniversary event

2 Likes

Apparently so, despite being led to believe that this wouldn’t be the case. I’m seriously hoping this is just a bug.

1 Like

Let me ask this regarding your Alliance character: Have they gotten access to the Mechagon Island via doing the breadcrumb quest to unlock world/daily quests there?

I heard that might be an issue regarding this if you had an Alliance character who hasn’t gone to Mechagon Island yet.

Edit: Welp, I missed this part of the post:

So I’m going to take this as a yes. Again, really odd decision that they made for this. x- x

1 Like

Good news! There’s been some clarification on the requirements for unlocking mechagnomes on the Horde. You can unlock them— you just have to do the intro quest for Mechagon Island on your 120 Alliance character as well:

3 Likes

Yep, pretty awesome!
There’s still a bug going on where Kelsey Steelspark isn’t showing up but I was at least able to grab the quest for now. Just gonna go unlock the furries in the meantime. xD

4 Likes

I’ve just unlocked MechaGnomes via my Alliance main and I’m currently in the process of getting my MechaGnome and Vulpera situated.

I’ll be sharing details in a little while. :robot:

2 Likes

Not sure if I said something mean to Kelsey recently but yeah, she’s avoiding me.

Nowhere to be found in Boralus Harbor despite having Urgent Care.

1 Like

Time to share my adventure and also my new MechaGnome dood! First the experience unlocking them.

Just a heads up for anyone needing to do the dungeon, make sure you do the Workshop and NOT the Junkyard. Workshop is where King Mechagon is, and some posts I read mentioned that if you do the Junkyard, you’ll get locked out of the Workshop and possibly vice versa temporarily. Not sure if it is a bug or has been fixed, but make sure you choose the correct dungeon in LFD.

I did the dungeon via dungeon finder. It took me roughly 50 minutes to actually get a group, with my Alliance main being DPS. Luckily, I had a really good group. The Demon Hunter tank put a green gem icon over them, which was really helpful in knowing where to go, and would give us some instructions for each part.

The bosses went down surprisingly easy. The only part we had a problem was the robo-dog boss, as the first time it did its AoE attack, I don’t think the cube you hide behind spawned. It did the second time, however.

Really, the only problems I had with the dungeon were knowing where to go (which the tank helped with that one), the stealth part where I had to go Solid Snake to get by the sentry robots that send you to the beginning of that current section when they catch you (everyone had trouble with this one), and the conveyor belt part where myself and one other party member died, as I didn’t realize it was a moving belt that sends you to a fiery death. And no, I didn’t thumbs up when I fell in and also no, I stayed as a jedi and didn’t get to become a robot sith lord.

The unlock questline was uneventful. I never had any issues with it at all and didn’t know there was a problem with Kelsey disappearing people were having. I guess I was lucky there.

Anyway, time to share my MechaGnome:

To be honest, I don’t have very many plate transmogs, so I just quickly put what looked good at the time. I’ll need to do some transmog runs sometime so I can have better options.

All in all, it feels good to finally have Mechagon done and have my robo Gnome created. I’m quite happy with him and currently have him using a mechaspider mount, which is very fitting and goes with his colors.

I hope everyone is able to get their MechaGnomes unlocked ASAP without any trouble. Hard to believe the day has finally come when we can make them! :robot:

That said, time to get my Vulpera situated. :fox_face:

4 Likes

The anticipation is killing me. They need to fix kelsey!

2 Likes

How are there still no other mechagnomes in this thread?

3 Likes

My unlock quest is bugged. I cant find Kelsey anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

by praying

:tired_face:

1 Like

I made my own thread, fellow Unit! Sa-lu-tations!

2 Likes

If anyone finds kelsey has come back please let us know!

2 Likes

Wait. What happened to Kelsey!? Who do I have to kill!?

1 Like

I am really excited, but why can’t I see myself in my profile picture?

2 Likes

It’s happening to the vulpera too. Try logging out on your browser and logging back in. Also close out of wow. Worked for me.

2 Likes