MDI Season 1 Global Champions!

You’re free to ignore my opinion too! :smiley:

Blizzard was never an e-sports company in the past. LOL

Dude, you act like this event is what keeps the lights on for every single employee for every single game they own. Like what? :rofl:

WoW not having a mediocre to crap e-sport isn’t going to suddenly mean layoffs for the entire company. Such drama. :rofl:

2 Likes

That article has zero to do with esports, that was pre AWC even

Blizzard discontinue the esports nonsense and pull the ripcord. A very small minority watches it and all you are doing is pushing away customers.

2 Likes

Esports bring in money, are fun to watch, and I highly doubt they push away enough people to actually notice.

People blame everything on esports, my favorite is blaming esports for linear dungeons…

Naguura makes the other 3 presenters look like a bunch of mega-dorks.

The second part of my post clearly says that Acti-Blizz purchased Major League Gaming. But sure, ignore that so you can having something to argue against.

They recently fired people off from their e-sport division…so yes, reducing e-sport events would probably lead to more people getting fired.

This is why WoW has gone from being an immersive MMO to being a toxic aggressive mobile app.

7 Likes

Honestly during my time in ESO i was enjoying it all thats keeping me here is my guild.

1 Like

So not Blizzard or WoW! :smiley::+1:

Live events.

Seriously, you’re going way too far with this dramatic narrative. :rofl:

Don’t like my opinion? Fine! Love the WoW e-sports? Fine! Me wishing WoW didn’t have them doesn’t equate to all of Activision and Major League losing all of their jobs. ROFL

2 Likes

Oh, yes, all due congratulations for yon champions of sand.
Long reigneth they o’er their castles fleeting, or at least until cometh the tide.

If only ESO combat felt better, it’d be a pretty good game.

WoW used to be an immersive MMO. Now, it’s the World Wrestling Federation. Those belts have got “chick magnet” written all over them.

1 Like

This i will actually agree with you on hence why i am back on wow. Need a break from it. Also wish pvp was a bit better

Yea, they’re also extremely predatory in their mtx lol.

“want this cool armor, buy a loot box!”

Thats another thing with that as well.

Maybe for Riot, Valve and few other companies, but not for Blizzard.

Blizzard has cut down the eSports division immensely. OverWatch league is looking to be an abject failure, Hearthstone get what 7-10k viewers for their major events. HOTS? , LMAO no explanation needed.

WoW with their MDI and AWC don’t hold a candle to those popular eSports and is the reason prize pools are miniscule.

eSports has been loosing money for Blizzard or they wouldn’t have cut almost all of their employees in the eSports division.

Also, WoW eSports is SO NOT FUN to watch.

1 Like

I’m all for mtx for cool armor, but loot boxes you can only buy AND making the base game armor look like crap isn’t cool

At least SWTOR is up front about it: “want this cool armor? No RNG necessary, just buy it!” :rofl:

They cut people in live events, because there’s no live events any time soon.

After paying them for nothing for a year mind you.

And We can agree to disagree on fun, the great push is going to be a blast

“only 45.99!”

lol, but yea, they do have cool in game armor in that game though as well.

1 Like