Maybe Time to Settle Down, Tanks

You don’t need discord for that lol. It’s not some super galaxy brain coordinated effort.

2 Likes

Go into any 30+ instance and perform a run without a tank. Get back to me on how that goes for you… Tanks and healers are always going to be the backbones of a party or raid. You could have an amazing healer, but if your tank is crap, you will have serious issues. On the flipside, you can have a lousy healer and a good tank and the run will still usually go pretty smooth for the most part.

That is a bit absurd, but if it was something that was called out early in the run, then it’s a small price to pay.

Something tells me there’s more to this story. I’m guessing the tank was getting fed up with people going nuts on aoe dps before they could even get aggro.

No you didn’t… Most tanks aren’t going to come in on a run that is partially finished unless it’s BRD or BRS.

This whole post sounds like cringe and reeks of jealously and entitlement. You’re a rogue though, so it’s understandable. Not many groups desire you and you probably have to look for 30-60 min to find a group for something.

10 Likes

Maybe on your server there are plenty of tanks. On Stalagg, you aren’t getting a tank unless they came from your guild (which is probably short on tanks anyway) or you’re paying them/letting them reserve any items they want. You are NOT getting a tank into strat unless everyone passes on orbs.

2 Likes

How is looking for a group for 30-60 minutes because not many groups desire you = Entitlement?

When almost every group looks for a tank so much that the tank sets rules and regulations for the group to abide by or they leave and get instantly invited to another group…THAT is entitlement.

1 Like

It must infuriate you that you’re wrong. I’ve never spent more than 20 minutes finding a group. Again tanks are important, yes. But there are thousands of you. It’s just laughable that some of you have these spergouts. That’s all I’m saying. Sorry that I struck a nerve.

4 Likes

Tanks do need to chill out a bit in general. Runs should be fun and social, not a military exercise in efficient behaviour and absolute order.

I hope most of the groups I tanked for had fun, that’s the goal of the exercise after all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Depends.
If you have a warlock fearing and he knows what he is doing, he can pretty much control the feared mob.
If not, you are probably right in many cases.

Hunter pets can tank any dungeon up to sunken temple. Source: Have done it.

8 Likes

He’s jealous that tanks find groups instantly and that he has to wait and spam for an hour to find a group. He’s entitled in the sense that he’s a DPS and thinks that he can set the rules and that groups are always going to desire him.

That’s just how it goes and has gone since the dawn of vanilla. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Not at all and no, you’re full of it. What server do you play on? I’ll gladly make a level 1 alt and watch you spam trade and LFG to see how long it takes you. I can just watch a movie on the other screen!

Calm down there, the servers barely have thousands of players on them anymore.

Lmao, spergouts? Says the guy who comes onto the forums and cries because he had a couple of ruined runs due to dps being idiots that made the tanks leave… Sounds like a spergout tantrum to me…

No nerve was struck here, but again, it sounds like you’re frothing at the mouth over this topic :rofl:

No, they can’t hold aoe aggro and growl doesn’t generate enough threat to hold aggro for the mob’s entire health vs dps doing even a mild amount of dps. Source: I’ve been playing a hunter since day 1 of vanilla. You can tank some bosses and off tank some adds though if you have the rest of your party throttle their dps. I’ve been in plenty of tankless runs and all the dps just end up offtanking a mob each on packs.

6 Likes

Ive seen a tank need on 3 separate 1 h weapon , 2 separate 2h weapon, and 1 shield , and nobody says anything because its a tank. Its gross, I agree.

I agree with this, you can have 1 hunter and 1 shaman and tank pretty much anything but nobody wants to do this because they have a hissy fit if the tank isn’t a warrior

1 Like

[citation needed]

Maybe there’s “thousands” on your server. Currently there are 41 level 60 warriors playing on my server, most of them probably aren’t tanks. So “thousands” seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

3 Likes

Nor can most tanks. Use CC.

1 Like

My point is that pets cannot hold aggro vs single target, unless there are some strings attached like a party throttling dps significantly. Can tankless runs be done up until a certain level range? Sure, I already said you can do that.

And if tanks can’t tab target around to hold aoe threat, then they are bad tanks. Either that or dps are being idiots and nuking on pull. Once a tank gets behind on aggro, it’s pretty hard to get it back again.

2 Likes

You said that level range was 30 though. It’s actually much higher. Pretty much any dungeon prior to BRD can be done without a tank.

And if tanks can’t tab target around to hold aoe threat, then they are bad tanks.

Agreed. Bad tanks exist though.

So ?
can the other dps not use cooldowns, frozen, evasion, something ?

Jealousy yes, Entitlement rofl no. He isn’t the one setting the rules, the tanks that leave the party are.

Calling healers and dps beggars in the first place is an example of why this is actually entitlement mentality.

THE END IS COMING!!!

Incoming silence effect.

1 Like

I get pissed fast but usually I focus on getting the situation under control to the best of my ability and that gives the person time to offer up an immediate apology for using a fear effect. If I don’t get some sense of contrition from the person I’ll chew them out and if they don’t get why they f’d up (possibly owing to the fact that they’re more used to using their skull as a nut cracker or pounding nails into hard wood then critical thought) I put it to the group for them to either boot the culprit or I walk.

Because let me tell you bud, leveling a prot warrior is hard enough without people panicking about a mob and instead of running to me so that I can pick up the aggro because that’s my job they mash fear/intimidating shout/psychic scream.

It is if you don’t have a non-feral druid handy. Unless your proposing that a mage frost nova to cover for somebody elses screw up.

I’ve spent upwards of two hours trying to assemble a group as a DPS in classic advertising in both general and LFG.

In TBC I once spent 6 hours trying to put together a group for RFD that crashed in short order.

So forgive me if I’m skeptical that you’re getting insta cues as a dps rogue.

6 Likes

Classic is not Vanilla and it never will be… Those days are lost forever.

Roll a tank and try to change that trend and good luck.

1 Like

Someone said “Hunter pets can tank any dungeon up to sunken temple. Source: Have done it.” Which is a lie. The pets can’t tank it, but the party will.

He thinks that he should be able to though, that’s the point.

Without tanks, you usually won’t be able to clear higher level content. By endgame, there are usually 5x as many healers as tanks and 25x as many dps as there are tanks. Tanks are the bottleneck in forming a group, both in scarcity and necessity. Therefore, yes, you’re at their mercy a lot of the time. That’s not entitlement, per se, that’s just facts.

It’s a fact. Half the servers are on a single layer now and those layers probably hold no more than a few thousand players each. At any given time, there are likely no more than several thousand players per server, except maybe during prime time. Playing an alt, over on Pagle, there are 32 level 60 warriors online alliance side.

Exactly… He’s full of it. That’s why I told him that I’d make an alt on his server and watch him spam for hours to find a group lol… Obviously, no reply to that one :rofl:

2 Likes