Maximum - "hunters are so by far in the worst situation"

I love cookies!

1 Like

You can send my $5 to a charity of your choosing :smiley:

Edit: Also, classic that as soon as a class gets a post about updates, someone comes and complains “What about X class?”

3 Likes

I mean… They still haven’t said anything. Only that something is coming. And the only things we got so far were nerfs :dracthyr_shrug:

I am happy to eat my own words though

1 Like

The fact this opened with the binding shot change makes me curious.

Cos binding shot is right there as a core travel node in the centre of the class tree currently, and their rework just doesn’t feel like it makes any sense given entrapment/etc & the nodes Binding gates access to.

A 5 yard 3 second root would just be a really fringe talent to position as centrally as current Binding Shot.

So it doesn’t leave me thinking that the upcoming changes will be forgettable - to me it suggests their updates either be distinctly good or distinctly bad.

If they really would leave something like new binding shot centrally positioned then… well… not good. Very not good.

However if they’re prepared to fundamentally shift around the middle of the trees, there’s some decent low effort changes that could be made (even though I think all three specs need a full rework).

But really we’ve got very little to go on & it’s not worth getting worked up second guessing until we actually see what’s on offer.

1 Like

That’s the frustrating part.
If they’re working on a larger overall change and we’re just getting a peak at some isolated changes why not communicate that?

All we have been told is we could expect changes during Alpha. Alpha is over.

1 Like

They did just communicate that.

3 Likes

Hunter hype back?

1 Like

DISENGAGE! Way too soon until we see what they’re cooking. Ret has 14 choice nodes in it’s spec tree, hunters have 18 choice nodes across all 3 specs + class tree. Are we getting 3 massive ret level reworks? Or are we getting more lunge/binding shot nerfs and a few minor similar buffs. I.e., several changes look related to aspect of the cheetah.

Moment of Opportunity: When a trap triggers, you gain Aspect of the Cheetah for 3 sec. Can only occur every 1 min.
Scout’s Instinct: You cannot be slowed below 80% of your normal movement speed while Aspect of the Cheetah is active.

Not exactly groundbreaking. However, it’s a start.

2 Likes

I didn’t catch that, but it has been very “loud” in the WoW news space for the past few hours.
Thanks for sharing.

With that no in mind, yeah, I’ll refrain for grumbling for the week.

2 Likes

Where did you find these talents?

Mmo-champion dataminining.

The other couple:

Ghillie Suit: You take 20% reduced damage while Camouflage is active. This effect persists for 3 sec after you leave Camouflage.
Survisor: Survival of the fittest gains an additional charge.
Tar-Coated Bindings: Binding Shot’s root duration is increased by 3 sec.

4 Likes

Not sure there’s any recent encounter besides HOI 3rd boss where that camo talent would actually be useful. You never take damage in the first 3s unless there’s AoE damage and that rare. I supposed feign/meld then camo is an option but that’s clunky when they could have just used the SL feign death conduit again. Also, I need to point out the mages get the same thing but can invis in combat and it’s a whooping 60% DR for 3s.

That’s kind of massive. Might not need to run a defensive trinket as early just to survive higher keys but I’ll likely still run one anyway if I don’t reroll to mage.

The rest are kind of pointless. Good catch finding these on mmo-champion.

Agreed that survivor is good, but it’s not in the tree currently so who knows if it will even make it in.

If these are true then it almost certainly means Tar Trap is getting the flick and would make sense as the binding shot nerf is now basically just tar trap with (literal) extra steps. Its still a nerf and lame but it also frees up the middle of the tree talent spot as tar Trap/Entrapment talents would be replaced with this and something else entirely will go where this used to be. I still think Binding Shot should be a ground targettable Gorefiends Grasp ability.

A second charge on survival of the fittest is huge.

Ghillie suit seems eh but it depends if they are changing how camo works I guess.

2 Likes

We still don’t know the layout though, second survival charge might be choice node with the extra 20% DR talent.

Can’t wait to check it out

1 Like

Begging and pleading for you to make Hunter pets teleport to the player like warlock pets do. The pathing issues get worse and worse every xpac.

1 Like

“Maintain” here meaning to hit a CD-less filler or AoE at least once per (18 seconds + pandemic period)…

1 Like