Maximum - "hunters are so by far in the worst situation"

Bepples hasnt posted in months, why are we talking about him

1 Like

I wouldn’t know if he has or hasn’t because of the previously mentioned ignore list. He was kind of a staple. If you mentioned “melee” and “survival” in a post anywhere, he was usually in it telling you that he’d let you finish, but survival was the best ranged of all time, of all time!

2 Likes

Dunno how I fall into that category given I tend to only argue against things that are objective rather than subjective but seems like this dude just holds a grudge against strangers on the internet. Hate to see it.

1 Like

Since you ask, I am talking about him to set a couple of things straight that several posters here have gotten wrong.
Bepples didn’t troll people, or gaslight them. Most of what he posted were facts he could and did back up, facts that generally destroyed a mistaken posters erroneous statements. The “clowns” were the unprepared that tried to argue their point.
You say his argument was “Survival was the best ranged of all time”?
Take a look around… it beats the stuffins out of any spec we got now.

4 Likes

This is the same subjective garbage he also posted. Why is it garbage? Cause you’re assuming that if survival stayed ranged it wouldn’t have wound up in the same ignored situation melee survival is in. Thus subjective. You’ve learned well from your mentor.

Yes he did, all the time. Every post, no matter what it was about, he turned into an argument that survival should go back to ranged. That’s trolling the posters, that’s trolling everyone involved in the conversations unrelated to melee v ranged debate.

4 Likes

I gave up pve on my hunter. even overgeared i get turned down.

1 Like

Subjective, what demagogue did you learn that term from?
Actually, I’m assuming nothing. Ranged Survival, just prior to its obliteration, to my mind is a shining example of what we used to have. RSV died overnight. It was, and it was gone, no slow withering such as Marksman has undergone.
Newbies are unaware of how much we lost.
We lost all the Huntards. Poor play? the Fix? Just lower the bar, no problem…
Bepples’ actual argument was Hunters were better off Ranged. Its annoyingly true, we were.
And Bepples as a mentor to me, a teacher? While I believe I could do worse, he was never such to me, I stand on my own, and draw my own bow. I don’t post garbage, and you saying so is an insult. Are you always so quick to make enemies?

3 Likes

It is subjective. You’re making assumptions that there would be no changes to make ranged different and worse and so your FEELINGS are that we’d be better off as ranged than melee right now. You have no factual data that modern day ranged survival would be in any shape or form better than melee survival is today, it’s purely based on how you feel about survival from 8+ years ago. Many other classes felt different 8 years ago too, but that doesn’t mean they’re all better or all worse. Changes would have occurred even if survival stayed ranged and those could have made it a far worse spec than melee survival is now. Sorry you call anyone who disagrees with you an enemy, but at the same time, I really don’t care.

1 Like

Anyone and I mean ANYONE that spent 3 minutes on the Hunter Forums over the last 10 years knew exactly what Bepples was doing and it wasn’t backed by any proof other than his own experience. Just because someone says the sky is green every day doesn’t make it true.

Many people enjoyed Ranged Survival, yes some are still upset over the change but there are people that enjoy the spec. Ranged isn’t coming back. The F’d Up and continue to double down on the spec. The former developer that made the change did an AMA on Reddit recently and posted a youtube video on his thought process. Dude almost admitted to being clueless on the basic mechanics of the class. It was not a good look for their development process.

Beeples is not the champion of Ranged Survival as people think he is. He just happens to be the broken clock that has the right time twice a day.

3 Likes

no lackwit, I’m saying eight year old RSV is better than anything we have now…
All three specs played better then than anything we have now.
OUR CLASS IS GOING DOWNHILL!
Oh, I mean the Hunter Class, The Hunter Class is going downhill!

4 Likes

Nice. Insults. You can tell your position in a debate by the insults flung. If you like the old survival, go play classic. Nobody is stopping you. Meanwhile, the rest of us are trying to push for better changes from the situation we’re in, not what we might have had 8 years ago that wouldn’t necessarily have translated very well in a world with dragon flight trees, or azerite armor, or conduits, ect. The fact is, the game has changed, so the hunter specs changed alongside all the systems. Unfortunately they aren’t changing for the better, actually right now, they’re just not changing at all, which is the problem. So there’s zero point in arguing that ranged survival from 8 years ago was the greatest of all time, because it would have to have changed, because the game changed.

3 Likes

Oh man you are so right this class did play so much better 8 years ago I don’t see why they didn’t stop that dev he should have been fired as soon as they seen his work “MELEE SURVIVAL” should have been a 4th spec.

1 Like

yeah for sure maintaining a dot and waiting for a proc is peak gameplay, impossible to replicate

3 Likes

Jump ship like me! Heck blizzard know how bad hunters are they added a watergun mog for us hoping we won’t jump ship lol

Which spec and hero talents are we playing? I have not yet received my emergency pamphlet.

I jump to pally and WW monk

Is there a link to this? I’d love to read it.

4 Likes

I don’t recall a single AMA on Reddit about this but there was a video making the rounds.
It’s discussed during the first 6minutes~ or so along with Shamans. And off the bat to hopefully keep things civil with this: these types of changes are not unilaterally approved by a single game designer. While they’re the one that pitched the idea and ultimately implemented them, other people have to sign off on these changes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL90ogkk2bw

4 Likes

2 days left. Who’s going to give me the 5 bucks?

2 Likes

Best I can do is a cookie <3

1 Like