Maw quest - Blazing Ingots quest

It’s just…a change like this seems so pointless? Why make it different than any other quest?

All I care about is understanding. It’s moot if they respawn instantly, but the question becomes how instantly?

18 Likes

And the ‘Go Beyond!’ quest too, please.

3 Likes

It is a pointless change.

Im betting there’s a heat map of players activity and they don’t like what they’re seeing.

I do wonder if there’s any server related issue with spawns being shared.

Idk, reasoning is up in the air.

7 Likes

Would make more sense since basically, all the quest items work like this. But wait, they must find a way to you keep playing the Mawwwwwwwwwwwww.

15 Likes

These kind of changes I swear happen because a dev needs to look busy in the office.

20 Likes

Quickly. Why change it at all though? What was the harm in people looting the same quest item?

10 Likes

“If its working too well, fix it until it breaks”

12 Likes

So instead of everyone being able to loot it, there will be loads of people on the same node trying to loot the same item one at a time, creating a massive pileup? Instead of letting people just complete the quest at the same pace that they could before?

27 Likes

That’s cool and all, but they’re hotfixing a non-issue. Make them shareable again, and then there is no “hotfix” needed. Am I crazy for thinking this?

38 Likes

Even with a faster respawn the quests will still take longer. Anti player behavior. Some dev got an email saying they need to find a way to increase time played by making normal activities take slightly longer. So this was implemented, and they are taking backlash so look, they’re “fixing” it.

20 Likes

…lol, Blizzard. C’mon.

7 Likes

Thank you for posting this, Kaivax!

I think I did this quest twice, with this “fix” is just another thing to ignore in the Mawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

5 Likes

And guess what? they did the same thing with other WQs like the one in Ardenweald “A Dangerous harvest”. Just an other adjustment to keep us playing a little more time every day. 3 minutes here an other 4 minutes there and that will add up to an extra 30 to 50 minutes a day. I see no other reason for this changes.

13 Likes

Sounds to me like the ghost quest on reset with people running back-and-forth to the same 3 ghost spawns over by the forge.

1 Like

Why is Blizzard wasting valuable time on pointless, antagonistic changes like this? Clickable objects have been shared for many expansions now precisely because having them not shared makes people dread seeing other players in the zone, which kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO. Don’t you guys have more important things to do?

24 Likes

You’re a number not a player to Blizzard.

10 Likes

This seems like an odd change to make. I haven’t heard anything about people having an issue looting the same ones so why change it. :expressionless: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

3 Likes

This is one of those situations where Blizzard’s quest design violates what I think of as the philosophy of PVE versus PVP. Getting at a quest item while navigating environmental hurdles and avoiding/defeating mobs sounds like PVE. Getting to quest items before other players get there, and then having to wait around/keep looking if another player gets there first, sounds like PVP. I don’t like it when Blizzard gratuitously creates scenarios where other players become the enemy.

14 Likes

Wonder what was the reason for this change… its only a daily

3 Likes