Master Looting Concerns - Solved

The scamming policy has been in place since Vanilla. It hasn’t changed with Classic.

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification and your time.

2 Likes

Going back to this - I will say that a lot of time gets spent on investigating these reports. It’s not a simple “report master looter and get them in trouble.” We spend the time going over everything we can get our hands on from our game logs.

We want the Master Looter to be able to have the control they’re intended to have by the development team but we also want to make sure we’re helping to protect players from those who would abuse that position/responsibility.

I hope that makes sense… We’re not out to get Master Looters. We just want everyone to have a good time while they play.

5 Likes

I differentiated between scamming and a Master Looter deciding someone didn’t deserve loot, due to many reasons that may come up during a raid.

Anyhow, I’ll be linking the policy that Kalviery dug up for me to my guild. We should probably have our Master Looter make a macro with a clear description of our loot rules and the possibility that things may change mid-run.

It makes sense but you’re obviously aware that (from what I can tell at least) most communication happens in Discord. Virtually everyone has it and PUGs (when we have them) are also invited to our Discord. There’s a lot of context that a GM can’t see because of this.

Thanks for your time Kalviery, I disagree with the policy but the reason I made the post is because I didn’t know that it was one to begin with. All I had were the posts from Kaivax which seemed to imply (to me) that the only repercussions for stuff like this were social/community ones.

1 Like

Yea, definitely aware :slight_smile: It’s a great community building program.

:pray: Thank you! This is all we try to convey when these discussions come up. Take a little extra time to set expectations and hopefully avoid misunderstandings.

I hope you and your group continue to have smooth runs going forward!

3 Likes

Yes and there is nothing that Blizzard can do about deals made outside of their game. Things like Discord are indeed great tools used by players, but Blizzard doesn’t have access to anything said or done in them. It is up to players to make sure that anything important like loot rules are made in game as well.

4 Likes