Massive stutters with DF client

At this point I think we all should post our general specs to help Blizzard troubleshoot. I might add that please dont have any background overlay apps that might interfere. I have a minimalist approach to my OS Win10 no HAGS and I do have REBAR enabled in the bios, specs below.

CPU: 5900X
GPU: 3060TI (527.56 drivers)
RAM: DDR4 3200 Crucial
MOBO: MSI TOMAHAWK B550
STORAGE: Samsung nvme M.2 980 pro
PSU: Seasonic 850W platinum

I still think this is a network issue on Blizzard end but we have to start somewhere.

If I knew how I’d attach my MSINFO, DXDIAG and other files to my post. Stuttering is ridiculous to the point I get DC’d on the LOADING SCREEN!

Adding my voice to the chorus, but for me it only started this tuesday (12/13). I had issues wherever there were large amounts of players since pre-patch, but thought that was relatively normal. World bosses, expansion launch Stormwind, the primalist invasions, were all bad, but outside of these scenarios the game ran fine. I went through the first two weeks of dragonflight with minimal issues, until this reset. All the sudden I would have instances where the game was unplayable. I have bricked multiple keys by suddenly lagging out once the instance has started, as well as losing an 5/6 solo shuffles unable to play the game. I’m at the point now where I don’t want to play with my friends, because I don’t want to ruin there experience if I cannot play the dang game.

1 Like

Any fix for this yet?

Since Dragonflight release I have getting CONSTANT stutters/fps drops where the game slows down and bogs down. Happens no matter where I am in the game or what I’m doing

3 Likes

You create those awesome scrollable text boxes

Like these, by using a trio of  marks at the head of a line.
And then to close out the box you add another trio at the bottom

And then you can put more text. outside the box below that. It kinda looks like this.

“```”
“Text” [Ignore the extra line break below here it’s just to show the formatting. Basically this, but without the quotation marks.

“```”

Stuttering and pop in has been INSANELY bad today after this dumb useless christmas update. Can we please fix this garbage before dogpiling more crap on top of the problem?? This is so bad. Like if I thought it was bad before, today is just. Wow. Well, I shouldn’t even be complaining. My sub ends in 3 days. Won’t be resubbing and can’t say when I’d be checking back in with this awful looking game, so. :confused:

Insane popin stutter in areas my fps drops, lot of system freezes as well if Blizzard ignores me and i discover no issues with my gpu in other games im gonna permanently unsub, im having sleepless nights now cos of issues and Blizzard has done nothing to adress these issues especially system freezes, ffs the game wow.exe waitchain is in a deadlock its on deadlock on my 10 year old laptop friends of mine if asked to check also report same issues, how can you launch a game in such horrible state dragonflight should’t been delayed by a year and shadowlands as well clearly

edit: when i stutter it feels like my gpu is being hammered cos i see the clocks go from low mhz to high mhz constantly i hate to say this but Blizzard you causing heavy transient loads that are unrealistic and cause problems with hardware this will certainly kill a gpu on the edge of life…

1 Like

20 hours left on sub :frowning:

2 Likes

Have to report a similar issue here. Like, sure I’m on an aging rig at this point but I adjust my settings accordingly, I don’t run on anything max. Around the pre-patch, was getting inexplicable dips to like 10 FPS even in places like Northrend Dalaran, with zero people around.

Then something changed, and I was back to having smooth 60 FPS performance in Dragonflight zones, the game ran like butter. Everything seemed fine. After the Tuesday patch on December 13th, it went back to stuttering. I’ll have 60 FPS, then suddenly it’ll get all choppy to around 15 FPS or so, even in zones with little going on.

Very confusing.

1 Like

Of all the garbage you’ve spewed in this topic, this one is your worst by far. Before your nonsense was just annoying, but this is potentially destructive. You should be ashamed of yourself.

4 Likes

I like how every time someone says they spoke to a blizzard GM they are blaming it on hardware and whatever else… Yet I’ve been playing FFXIV since prepatch dropped at max graphics with absolutely no issues… When I was playing this after prepatch dropped could barely get a stable frame rate. So if its something related to hardware and drivers why do other games run fine but wow chugs when one model starts to load on screen lol. What a joke

6 Likes

It’s interesting how any other game I play no issues and wows the only one that has issues it’s like it’s wow side or something

5 Likes

That’s genuinely the same issue that I’ve been having, though in my case it was a little odd. During pre-patch, I was getting stuttering happening - then at actual launch, I was fine at 60 FPS. So far, so good. Then the recent maintenance on Tuesday seems to have reset something back to how it was, because I’m now back to stuttering whenever a model loads up on screen.

3 Likes

Blizzard keeps blaming everyone else for the issues, when people have tried to roll back entire system to months before Df released AND still have exact same stutters. This reminds me of that time Blizzard investigated themselves and didn’t find any wrongdoing on their part.

3 Likes

It’s really not. Normally, I don’t suggest it that often, but when you’re that out of date on a BIOS, it’s worth updating. Plus, most modern motherboards have dual-bios setups to prevent bricking a PC. The board they use is one of those… Worst case scenario: You brick bios 1, the PC boot loops 2-5 times until it switches to bios 2 and then you reflash bios 1 again. It’s 2022, not the stone ages of 30 years ago. They flash in less than 60 seconds.

Again, WoW will pretty much only use four threads and can easily max those threads out. But you can take a look around the Nvidia and AMD forums/reddit/google search/etc if you’d like and see non-stop complaints about stuttering in XXXXX game, but not in YYYYY game. You’ll also see the exact same cookie cutter claims/complaints on other game forums and complaint channels.

2 Likes

Key word, most. But not all. Its called risk vs reward. There is more risk involved than reward. Thus what you recommend is fairly stupid man. You are not qualified to be making such calls. You have shown severe ineptitude on so many levels. You are wrong here flat out. Be responsible in the advice you give.

Not to mention it will have zero effect on the wow stutters. Why cant you just go away. This topic does not concern you. You are not wanted here. Go “help” other people in other threads. There is something really wrong with you…

4 Likes

I think he needs some milk and touch some grass. I’ve taken the tests further (read about others doing the same), testing WoW on older hardware/system restore a month or so before Df pre-patch even went live, and EVEN Windows 7. Wanna make a guess? Same pop-ins and stutters, what a shocker.

2 Likes

It was a suggestion, not an order. Also, the only reason why I suggested it is because I saw that they had a dual bios motherboard.

You are not qualified to determine who can and can’t make such calls.

Not true, sometimes updates for things like bad IO or CPU support can fix issues like this.

Go stalk someone else please. It’s creepy at this point when 60 replies of yours have been filled with saying these same things.

Proof?

2 Likes

Im not stalking you, you are stalking my thread that has nothing to do with you. I just want you to go away. Go away, and you will never have to deal with me again.

To further clarify THIS THREAD CONCERNS ME NOT YOU. I am here b/c this issue effects me. IT DOES NOT EFFECT YOU. Thus just go away.

You are like on the sociopath scale or something. You are not right in the head. You enjoy trolling, bullying, and being difficult as possible to people. Thats a fact. I am dealing with a legit crazy person I think.

Once again this thread concerns me, not you. So go away. Plz go away.

3 Likes

Are you seriously going to spout some nonsense like this?

This isn’t your personal echo chamber and you have no authority in this thread. This thread still technically concerns me because one of our PCs had some minor issues until I found a workaround, which involved lowering the overall CPU load by disabling background programs.

2 Likes