Massive stutters with DF client

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/another-stuttering-thread/411216/75 here’s one, so you don’t have to take my word/experience.

Right but that’s just anecdotal without any actual proof or even evidence. If they weren’t actively looking for something, they might not have noticed it before. Again, 10.0 has increased CPU requirements vs the 9.xx client, so performance isn’t going to be 1:1.

2 Likes

You sound unhinged. Actually read the words you typed and tell me that it sounds like something that a rational adult would ever say or type.

1 Like

And neither do you my delusional friend. You have no authority, no reason, no blue letters, no reason to be here.

The reason you are here is apparent. You just wanna troll people, bully people, demean people, and be difficult as possible. I dont know what mental illness you are effected by…but we dont wanna deal with it. Its holiday season, people wanna have good vibes, and you are a constant beam of negativity and strife.

I dont mind people who troll honestly. As long as its done tastefully and in a funny manner. What you do is demean people. You try to make people feel stupid thus in your mind making you appear smarter. I am on to your game. In reality however you are just a low key low character bully. So just stop. And go away. Plz…

I mean in frank terms you are just not a nice person. You are not helpful. You are a nuisance and need to find a new hobby other than trolling tech support forums. People here are all ready on edge, people here are all ready upset, and your one purpose in life is to fan the flames? You are not a good person man…

The projection and irony are off the charts. Yikes.

1 Like

I think we established a long time ago according to Pawgwalker; WoW’s engine is flawless, well optimized, no issues/bugs, everyone has flatline frametime everywhere/anytime. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

2 Likes

Didn’t say that at all. However, I have stated that the CPU usage has increased this expansion and that I do find it odd that it’s redlining with only a few dozen modern players/npcs on screen; capping four whole threads. Whether that’s by design or bug, we’ll see. If it were an engine bug, I’d assume they would have at least acknowledged it by now, but they haven’t.

1 Like

Look at the peoples builds it’s affecting you smooth brain they have like $4000 dollar systems lmao

3 Likes

CPU bound MMO game that will only use four cores… Do the math… It doesn’t care if you have a 32 thread CPU and 4090, the GPU won’t render a frame until the CPU tells it to. The quad threaded performance difference between an i9 and an i3 isn’t as great as you’d think. In the practical world, like with a game engine: 30-50% difference at best on heavy CPU load situations.

1 Like

Literally runs counter to my testing. It was only coming close to maxing out one thread with nominal use on the remaining threads.

https://i.imgur.com/HO688Jw.png

Because thats how it works. You are 100% right, but dont worry pawg will be back with a 10 paragraph essay how you are wrong and he is right. It is like he cant help himself…

3 Likes

You’re sitting around 25% usage, which is 3 whole threads on your 12 thread CPU. The graphs don’t really help because the windows scheduler executes tasks and instructions all over the place, especially with worker threads that have tons of small bite sized things to compute.

You need to look up how game engines and multithreading work. There is one main game thread loop to the game engine(in 99.99% of games out there), which offloads tasks to worker threads. Sometimes the main thread has to do a bunch of complex work within itself or sometimes it has to wait for worker threads to finish critical computations, before it will move on to preparing a frame to be rendered. Once it finally reaches the phase where it wants to render a frame, with the DX11 and 12 settings(excluding DX11 legacy), the draw calls can then be multithreaded as well, but it won’t get to that step until the CPU says it’s time to render.

That thread under heavy load is probably the main. I think addons are also ran on the main thread as well, that’s why they almost always tell you to disable all of them for ruling out stuttering bugs and issues.

1 Like

You are incredibly predictable. Always have to prove that you right. Always have to try to get the last word. Can we have one day in this thread without your ego? Please?

This is your 120th post in this thread. Is that not enough? We get it. You know more than anybody. Thats great. Can you plz just walk away now?

CPU requirement for WoW increased so much even a 7950X gets stutters, but I guess we have to wait for 14900K/9950X3D before we see any sign of improvement.

This thread has turned into bickering, can we please stay on topic? If you dont like someones reply then just ignore it and carry on. We are not going to be able to help Blizzard find the root cause if 50% of this thread is just back and forth fighting.

5 Likes

I will stay on topic sure. This thread you linked is very interesting…

Multiple people all confirming what is being said here. Stuttering IN WOW ONLY. Most people confirm that playing without sound fixes the issue. Also like in this thread, we have people saying it does nothing. Seems like 10-15% of people the “sound fix” does not work.

People saying there is no proof, ect ect need to look at that thread. It has videos with the issue plain as day to see. Most importantly there is no benefit to be lying about this. We dont get paid to spread misinformation unlike some people.

50+ posts in the EU forums when you search “stuttering”

Same in the NA forums. By the way the number will not go over 50.

I guess I could manually count. I could only make it to 200 or so on each forum before giving up…

All these people, all these threads, are all apart of the same conspiracy against blizzard? For what purpose? What is there to gain? There is nothing to gain, no money to gain, ZERO MOTIVE. This reason is literally insane, delusional, and just herp a derp wrong. Its hard to believe people actually think this.

There are mountains of easy to see evidence. There is in fact a issue that needs fixed ASAP. People are not making this up. We have better things to do with our lives that make up BS stories for fun.

I just want this fixed so I can go on with my life and get out of this thread. People here are crazy and out of touch with reality.

I just wanna play with sound. Happy holidays everyone…

5 Likes

:dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

The lols in this thread on point this morning! If this was a game of among us, I’d definitely have to call a meeting to accuse pawg of imposter.

3 Likes

Fix game Blizz. Game looks and feels like I’m rubbing my eyeballs through a cheese grater

If anyone has an Alienware PC, remove the Alienware software that allows overclocking. I’ve sent back a PC because of that and got a new one, same problem. Come to find out the Alienware overclocking software was the problem. I think it’s called Alienware Command. use IObit to remove it and anything left behind.

So, I should be getting stutters and pop in on an i7 8700 and a 1080ti? I’m playing on Setting 7 so it’s not too demanding. I even lowered my settings to 1, same issue with frame stutters. It happens the worse in Valdrakken. I will constantly get 25-30 fps in the city. Something is not right. Please stop white-knighting blizzard.

10 Likes