Massive stutters with DF client

What’s rude is that here we have a thread with going on to 1.5K comments regarding this particular issue that reared it’s ugly head in the TESTING phase of the pre-patch (2 months ago). This is a large sample size, given the relatively small percentage of the player base that use the forums. And yet, Blizzard can hot-fix something like Dragonbane Keep sieges in less than 24 hours. That’s rude!

Get your priorities in order Blizzard!

6 Likes

Disabling sounds doesn’t specifically solve it for me. When you either start or land on your dragonriding is when it gets the most stutter for more, i’m honestly dreading dragonriding at this point.

Done it all btw,

Formated PC, Reinstalled wow, etc.

Nvidia RTX 2060
Intel 11700kf
32gb DDR4 3200

4 Likes

Does anyone else get a full freeze for a second on login (not relog/reload)? It started a few days ago, saw someone on EU forums having that as well.

2 Likes

My suspicion is reducing the load on the single core handling the game by eliminating the audio processing just enough that it allows the game to run properly.

But that’s far above my pay grade lol.

2 Likes

I didn’t really have any success lowering graphics settings, even all the way to the lowest. Blizzard needs to fix their game or at least give an update on this. I get the vibe they are hoping it’ll just go away on its own.

4 Likes

Oddly enough, lowering my games graphics makes my stutter return. I have to play on high graphics.

Yep. Most likely cause it’s not…nor ever has been a GPU or driver issue. Otherwise changing settings would have at least some impact. So that to me points to either something more reliant on the CPU or just coding errors.

1 Like

So, will they ever fix this issue or will they pretend that it doesn’t exist? It was fine for me before the pre-patch, now I get random stutters everywhere even at lowest settings.

2 Likes

Christ I got ten days left I’m not resubing to this trash heap they haven’t even acknowledged the popping in of assets lol

3 Likes

yes that recently started happening to me as well, get a full freeze when I level up renown as well.

Trying to open guild roster does it as well anytime I’m fighting a player as well frickin so frustrating

Yep, 1 second freeze on login, a short freeze on opening bags, a longer one on guild roster. Lets not forget the big stutter everytime new players appears in your vicinity. Even if I’m alone in a remote area in Azure, if I get a stutter I just know there’s a player nearby, I’ve never been wrong.

9 Likes

There is only a way to solve this and that is with Elon Musk buying Blizzard and firing some people. And that will never happen.

2 Likes

same actually. I’m sure it’s all related to the only thing they even mentioned, though, which was the stutter. and hilariously, they want to make a point of saying all the “different” issues here are unrelated. :dracthyr_crylaugh: :dracthyr_crylaugh: :dracthyr_crylaugh:

If he does, I hope he starts with firing whoever told our last delightful blue poster to feed us that garbage response, then fire squad the people responsible for this patch disaster in the first place.

Sounds like someone is mad that they didn’t get the reply they were hoping to hear for from blues, but this type of reply of yours is inappropriate and actionable. I’d advise against it in the future, if you’d like to continue trolling the forums.

Anyways, the basic moral of the story for now is that you need to take steps to reduce your CPU load, if you’re still having stuttering issues. This means disabling non-essential addons that perform a lot of work every frame, disabling background processes, closing out of the browser with 30 open tabs in it that’s playing some stream, checking security apps, firewalls and VPNs, making sure all of your drivers are up to date(especially sound, network, usb and chipset drivers). You can also cap your FPS to something lower, to make sure the CPU has plenty of time to handle the IO operations for loading assets. This is an MMO, not an FPS, something like 90fps is fine if you insist on being picky, otherwise, 60 will do for most people out there since most of them are on 60hz screens anyways.

EDIT: Oh and also make sure to use /console rawMouseEnable 1 and then reload. I actually just had some issues where my camera was stuttering(the inputs, not what was being rendered on screen) while right click+turning and it was cutting out. I could reliably reproduce it over and over again, even after client relaunches. Meanwhile, the frametime graph was showing a completely flat refresh capped frame rate. I did a CVAR reset recently and forgot to turn raw back on. Completely fixed the problem again.

Trollish…

No. Let me repeat. This is a wow issue only. THIS IS A WOW ISSUE ONLY. My 8 core 5.0 ghz isnt struggling with this game or any other game. This has to do with wow interaction of the core itself, only…

For example I dont have tabs open, add ons, or anything extra when I game except now I gotta keep youtube open since sound is now turned off.

My task manager shows my cpu usage never gets over 20%. If that more like 12-15 on average.

There is no way a real human is this oblivious. You must be getting paid.

4 Likes

Wow! That’s a great sentiment, I think! I mean, I didn’t read any of it but, thanks for thinking of me all the same. I feel so special to have been singled out by your superior opinion out of all of these posters complaining about something in this thread. On the whole, I am altogether so happy you’re here to write obnoxious 10 paragraph posts about how you’re right and everyone else is wrong that I’ll never read. I really don’t know how I’d get through the day without them! Do keep me appraised as to when you land that Blizzard forum moderator job. I think you’re perfect for it! :pinching_hand: :smiley:

4 Likes

Pawg is a troll very obvious

6 Likes

Probably the alt account of a disgruntled blizzard community relations staff member, attempting to take out his anger from his crappy job and the people he has to begrudgingly help during work hours.

5 Likes