Massive stutters with DF client

Sooo any updates… ?

1 Like

Valdraken is so bad :frowning_face:

7 Likes

It’s most annoying when you get the microstutters/hitching in areas that aren’t even remotely graphically intense, like in a Warsong Gulch or Twin Peaks battleground. These bgs are like 10-15 years old. Whatever is causing the issue doesn’t seem to have to do with asset intensity (like Valdrakken), it seems to have to do with your interaction with other players somehow.

5 Likes

massive drop when a dracthyr cast a spell near to me

3 Likes

Are you still having the asset pop in?

I’m not him but having stutters and asset pop in. Looks terrible.

2 Likes

Are we done with denial blizzard and pawgwalker? More and more new people coming in with the same issues, these are not paid actors. They are paying customers with a issue with the performance of this game…

Anyday now lets get some communication and a fix. Once streamers start making content about this issue you know you screwed up…

7 Likes

More people will get on as the honey moon period ends hopefully they decide to fix it before they start haemorrhaging subs

4 Likes

Yes, pop-ins still happen. I asked my coworkers several weeks ago to add WoW to the test/benchmark list on the prebuild PCs, and they all report the same as me; no matter what hardware, they all have npc/object pop-ins, stuttering when loading in players, lower than expected fps considering the systems tested on and longer loading times.

3 Likes

You think you can get in contact with someone actually working on this, to get a response?

2 Likes

Yea, I tried a lot of different settings in Valdraken. I’m not getting any luck so far. Micro-stutters and FPS drop everywhere in that place. Other zones are usually running well.

5900X
RTX 3090
32GB DDR4
1440p@144Hz

2 Likes

People describing like five different problems… The LOD popin distance is definitely on Blizzard. Stuff will pop in even if there is zero issues with frame rate, cpu load or gpu load. The mobs supposedly loading in 5ft from your face though, that’s probably on you(network). Could be overloaded zone shards though and the servers doing some laggy load leveling though.

The stuttering issue is usually caused by your PC. The initial shader cache CVAR issue, that filled like 700 posts in this thread, has long since been fixed. Now, it’s mostly a driver/Windows issue or issues with security softwares.

As for the increased CPU load issues, which can ripple into other aspects of performance: Either Blizzard raised the CPU recommended requirements(they did… from 4 physical cores to 6 now) or there’s something wrong with the CPU side of the game thread. Not sure how much more CPU usage the new client is supposed to use, but I’ve been seeing my 4core/8thread CPU hanging in the 25-50% range a lot when there’s more than a ~20 NPC/players on screen or within my proximity. That means the game is fully saturating 2-4 physical cores. Lots of potential reasons why this could be happening, but it would be like throwing a dart at a big board.

My guess is that it’s something tied to the new UI or some other system is doing something like n(log(n)) scaling, instead of log(n) or n and is doing it on tick.

2 Likes

Put your mouse over the help mini icon ("?" bottom right of the window) and just let it sit there. Enjoy the easy-to-reproduce stuttering.

5 Likes

This exactly, but ofc its OUR PCs… Every single prebuild PCs that I’ve sold in the last month has had WoW being tested/benchmarked just to get a big sample size. They ALL have pop-ins, stutters when loading in players, lower fps than expected and longer loading times.

4 Likes

His argument will be " get a better pc" when most people commenting on this thread have 3080s xD

7 Likes

My client seems to be having this stuttering lag issue all of the sudden. Started last night. Everything was fine and working perfect, then while questing it just started to lag. I rebooted the client, then rebooted my pc, still having the same issue. I am not lagging on my pc with anything else. My husband was on as well beside me and he was having no issues.

1 Like

Just a reminder it’s not your computers or anything to do with you it is blizzard they just haven’t come out yet and been transparent about the obvious performance issues do not go reinstalling things and replacing hardware !

11 Likes

Lag and Stutter / Hitching seem to be two separate Problems , Wow has always had Lag the Stutter hitch problem is just a moment pause micro stutter that seems to appear randomly. Older Zones Less but the new Zones and it is more of an annoyance than anything. Try going to a zone like Zuldazar and see if it minimizes your problem.

It seems like it’s only in the azure span area where my character is stuttering along. When I try to glide with the double jump, it takes time for my character to catch up to the command. Same with handing in quests, it takes time before clicking the button to finish the quest acknowledges. Flying on the dragonriding mount also stutters to start the surge forward or skyward accent commands when clicked. I went to Valdrakken and this wasn’t happening at all there. I did also completely uninstall my addons and curseforge and did not fix the issue.

This thread is not about like azure span lag. I mean its def a issue, but this is more of a technical thing with stuttering, micro stuttering, fps drops at random, and performance issues.

Not to say the azure span lag should not be addresses ASAP. Its also quite annoying. Seems like on the technical side of things maybe this expac was rushed a bit…which is not surprising.

5 Likes