Massive stutters with DF client

Any character, any location. Bare minimum, mid or ultra settings. Stuttering when mounting, demounting, entering rested zones, actions… etc, I get stutters of -10 to -40 fps that last what seems like microseconds but its so often I can’t ignore it! Forgot to add, any Flora (Shrubbery, leaves, grass) in Dragonflight shimmers and/or vanishes and re-apears depending on my camera angle or distance.

Specs) i7-9750h : GTX1660 ti @ driver version: 527.37 (latest as of now, clean install) : Default UI

Just to update, I did a complete reinstall and it fixed my issues. Not going to passively say this will fix everyone, but so far it’s worked for me so if you haven’t tried it, give it a shot. I repaired my installation, didn’t work, but completely uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to help (I backed up my interface / wtf folders so it wasn’t my addons)

Edit: nvm, it worked for a few hours. Back to being a mess.

Same exact issue here with the game hang-ups and crashes, switching to DX11 reduces these hang-ups… While in DX12 I also have my screen flicker entirely black along with texture flickering. Other in-game settings do not affect the hang-ups, crashes, flickering or weird texture problems.

Windows 10 (Build 19044.2251)
Intel Core i7 12700K (~30°C)
RTX 3080 (527.37 but I’ve had these problems on ONLY WoW since I got my GPU, ~66°C)

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2022-‎12-‎02 5:00 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff89845cc10460
Parameter 2: fffff8012d8a0e60
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2160
OS version: 10_0_19044
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105

Did someone merge another thread with this one? It’s all a mess now.

1 Like

looks like they’re implementing the patented mess the thread up so bad they can’t use it anymore strategy. Let’s see how it plays out now.

but also… still have the same issues i’ve had for the last 3 days.

It seems at least a couple threads on this subject were merged into this one.

Anyway, came here to tie in with the discussion, been having the same issue since (based off my search history) the 24th of October.

Fixes I have attempted, are as follows:

• Reinstalling my sound drivers (as the issue was affecting programs outside the game as well for a little while)
  • Rolling back windows since there was an update to 10 the day before I started noticing this issue.
  • Fresh reinstall of the game
  • pulled all my addons
  • ran my disk checkers and checked the image health
  • swapped between DX12 and DX11
  • cleared my temp files
  • checked my Ram health.

Ultimately I’m beginning to think it may just be a weird issue involving Wow, M$ and my CPU since it’s a Ryzen 5 1600

Or it could be a bios issue since I have not updated that (power is not really reliable out where I am and I’d rather not brick my motherboard when it takes 2 weeks for amazon to send anything via prime, and new-egg has kinda gone down the drain the last couple years), as it seems in this thread from 2021, that a bio update fixed a similar issue. Sound Stuttering - #22 by Tratt-proudmoore

I have done everything above you have mention updated my bios reinstalled windows( did a full clean wipe , wow ( wiped all wow settings ) nothing is working it’s blizzards side not mine

3 Likes

Just chiming in that I’ve done literally everything that’s been suggested in all these threads to try to fix this problem (even the super obscure things like running the Counter Control program), and the annoying microstuttering still exists.

2 Likes

I’m having wayyyyy longer load times than usual, now, and also there’s some areas that are just a total no go. Tried to do the black Dragonflight weekly stuff and with a raid group in the area it was just…. Really bad. My game was frozen although I could still move the cursor around, like the game was working but it was frozen in place. This feels really bad. I’ve been having fun otherwise but yeesh. My main joined a group, barely was able to make it over to one mob, froze right in a little swirly of death, and when it unfroze I was dead lol.

Same. Still happening.

1 Like

Grace period is almost over :cold_face: hopefully this gets fixed before youtubers start making content about it

As of 12/4/22 we’re experiencing the major stuttering again. Before I went into work all was great and running fine, come home and log in the loging screen animations were really laggy and then character select screen gave me a glimpse into what I was about to log into… This is horrible.

9 Likes

This giant list of things you tried for something that worked just fine before the update and now doesn’t. Clearly it’s a wow problem.

2 Likes

The FPS problems is particularly terrible in Valdrakken. 11800H/RTX3070.

2 Likes

My game runs at high frames but every 10 to 30 seconds I get a millisecond microstutter and it is really annoying. The micro stutters are worst in the new main city and it takes a couple seconds for everything to load in when I arrive dragon riding. Game is still playable but the little micro freeze every few seconds is sooo annoying. Anybody experiencing this or is everyone having really bad performance drop? Cause for me it is pretty much fine overall but the micro stutters are not going away.

Ryzen 9 5900x
RTX 3080
Nvme M.2 970 Evo plus
16gb RAM DDR4 3600mhz

1 Like

I have the same. Little 1-2 sec freezes. On my side, I’ve noticed it was some animations that did this. Examples: other players mount/dismount dragons, DH dance, rogue stuns and mostly everytime I got a melee popping in my face I freeze for a sec or two. Stutters as well with the environment loading. Also the dying animations.

2 Likes

Yeah same thing here, I haven’t noticed the animation stuff and I’ve only played a few hours but I can definitely notice small stutters when stuff are loading in and it didn’t happen before. I thought it was my pc for days but now at least I know it is probably on Blizz side

4 Likes

Also having a lot of stuttering/frame hitching. This is with a fresh Win10 install as well as a fresh WoW install, both of which are on a NVME drive. Game runs at high fps and my system is running nice and cool…

32gb DDR4

Just noticed that there hasn’t been a reply in a bit and I don’t want the thread to be pushed aside.

7 Likes

Well, the stuttering is still happening, and it’s affecting my performance in dungeons now, which is incredibly frustrating. It actually seems to be getting worse too. Valdraken is really bad, and I can’t complete any of the dragonflying races above bronze because it stutters just loading assets in. I never had this problem before the prepatch for DF dropped.

1 Like

Valdraken is so bad lmao I hit 60 fps and I haven’t logged in since sub runs out in 10 days