Massive stutters with DF client

If someone identified a driver version that works I would definitely be willing to try it.

I am using Nvidia driver 526.61 without issues other than the DF patch stutters but that is widely known and can only be fixed by Blizzard. Do you have HAGS enabled in Windows Graphics settings? Try and disable if you do and see if that clears it up.

Any blue help here? Still having all the same issues. Tried everything imaginable. Textures loading in are messed up, stuttering happens everywhere.

1 Like

Bumping to keep from closing. Really wanna hear something on this. It’s only been happening since the prepatch and it’s only happening with WoW, no other games have been artifacting.

3 Likes

Launch in 2 hours, still nearly unplayable. How has this gone on so long.

I’m having the same issue as OP. Only in wow, drivers are up date, did a clean reinstall. Ran the wow repair tool, no luck.

ryzen 5600
rtx 3070

Gpu temperature are always below 80, average at 68 while playing. Gpu was never overclocked (other than the AIB overclock). I Tried underclocking the gpu memory, doesn’t seem to help much. This started happening roughly around the phase 2 of prepatch.

Would really appreciate some help with this

I’m getting really frustrated with a game that I pay a 6 month sub for, just paid 60 bucks for an expansion for and it’s nearly unplayable. Looking through this thread which is several weeks old and the other thread that’s sitting at over 1.1k posts that’s over a month old isn’t making anything any less frustrating. It’s been a month. There are various PC specs and operating systems experiencing these issues. The issues for me ONLY occurs when playing WoW. It happens when I’m using the default UI or addons.

2 Likes

same issues here sinse the prepatch launched… happened 3 times for me in prepatch, artfacting was ui text…

and once with the sky after getting aborted from an instance error…

2 month old pc , lastest nvidia driver

Does
/console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0
help ?
Restart the game after applying.

Doesn’t help me.

Hey forgot to mention restarting the game is required for that to work.

No. This only started for me when i got to the second zone in the dragon isles. now whenever I’m entering or leaving combat it is just a moment of a 40-60 fps drop (from 120 - 60, even as low as 44 once) on average. then it’s back to normal mostly. I’ve tried addons disabled I’ve tried lowering all settings to 1. this is ridiculous. I’m on an i9-10850k and a RTX3070. I should not be having any of these problems. whatever spaghetti code blizz messed up… please fix it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to help, even after restarting

I did this a week or so ago. I’ve restarted a good amount of times since then. Thanks though.

after the update this morning, same started happening to me. constant freeze and dc, cant interact with anything, open bags, dungeons, nothing. does it with or without addons, did scan and repair, lower settings even tho my pc should handle highest, uninstall/reinstall…i dont think the problem is on my end because this was also happening in beta. i think they rushed out a screwed up game, and they knew it was messed up when they did it.

Still happening to me too, just helping this stay bumped.

1 Like

not sure about others, but nvidia had a new driver for me last night… nothing in it mentioned anything related to dragonflight or wow, but i havent had the issue sinse installing it around 15 or so hours ago… have been actively playing those 15 hours as well… no artifacting or graphical glitching as of yet

I have installed the latest nvidia drivers (527.37) and the latest cumulative windows patch for windows 11 22h2, and still have this issue. In fact, it may have gotten worse. Now I have texture loading issues even on loading screens.

I am having major issues with textures not loading on my UI and occasionally on terrain in the world as well. Latest Nvidia drivers and everything - only seems to be happening in WoW and no other games and only started happening after prepatch. One thing I noticed though these problems are only happening with DX12 running - going back to DX11 seems to fix these issues for me. Have you tried DX11/DX11 Legacy?

These issues are happening to me as well. Intel Core i9-9900 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER.