Massive stutters with DF client

Next expansion will only get worse performance wise if this is the new standard we can expect from Blizzard. The more they throw at the engine, the worse it gets, simple as that. Over 2k comments now, maybe we need 20k for them to care.

4 Likes

I…can…so…relate.

1 Like

recommended specs dont really seem to mean much to blizz perhaps they can just direct lowly computer cavemen such as myself exactly which machine to buy and where to buy it from now on because that would be far more helpful at this point? like “this is our ideal base model machine for designing and testing here at blizzard” surely this cant be some sort of treasured trade secret?

1 Like

A PC that can run WoW smoothly doesn’t currently exist, unless you contact NASA or something. Not even 4090/13900KS or 7900XTX/7950X cuts it currently.

4 Likes

so what you are implying is that it runs like garbage on their own machines? id like not to believe this lol… at the very least maybe let us know better what they are seeing?

What a game runs like can be fairly subjective. It’s my belief this is one of the reasons this DF stutter hasn’t caught on as much as some of us here might expect. Wow is also a game that can go from 1 or 2 players in a zone to over a hundred. This sort of scaling is difficult for Wow’s engine to handle as smoothly as some of us might like. To put what the DF client runs like into some context, take a look at this video captured by a user during an intense PvP battle in Wintergrasp with graphics set to 10. This is going to be close to a worse case scenario but it is being played on the fastest GPU and one of the fastest CPUs available today. If you think this is acceptable then great. If not, then their isn’t anything else to upgrade to to get better performance, and unfortunately (due to the Wow engine being a bottleneck) dropping settings down won’t yield much better results.

6 Likes

Yes that weird, herky jerkyness is what I deal with. In raids, or just flying around solo. Its so annoying…

Playing without sound however fixes like 95% of my issues however. Do I enjoy playing without sound however? No…I dont.

I really want this fixed ASAP. Blizzard come on, retain your customers…

3 Likes

That is wild! That stutter/jerk is something WoW has seen an exponential increase of since the notorious pre-patch. This just confirms it even more to me. As others have stated, I wish I wasn’t so sensitive to it but it’s just a drag on the experience when I’m playing. Like I did everything humanly possible to my rig short of pumping more cash into it because blizz remains mum after another month or so. I’ve probably doubled/tripled my playtime messing around with my rig from reimage, update bios (first time), messing with clocks, regedit stuff. Typically I enjoy this stuff but it’s supposed to be a means to an end not this perpetual let down and fruitlessness.

Please anything, like tell me what to buy lol, love to log and feel the old responsiveness and performance we had. I’m just lost as to why Blizz is so quiet, frustrating to say the least.

8 Likes

If more people would watch that video Dysphoria linked, they’d understand it’s not on our end. That’s the best PC you can get currently and it still stutters.

4 Likes

RTSS will cause texture flickering and errors in WoW from my experience.

Gsync/Freesync works fine with WoW and Vsync only gets enabled if the FPS goes above your monitor’s refresh rate. DX12 is considerably better performance in dense areas.

I would reset your Nvidia settings. You’re likely not making anything better.

The Gsync brightness flickering is because it’s not a verified monitor. The flickering in Sl dates back to years ago, that’s a driver thing. Look I sell prebuilds PCs for a living, don’t you think I’ve tried everything imaginable? Only WoW got issues, no amount of OS reinstalls, or hardware changes will fix this.

8 Likes

“have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating your OS, deleting your Cache and WTF folders?”

…“on which machine? I have over 100.”

LOL

7 Likes

That’s when people will start claiming my workplace is cursed and that’s why every single PC have issues with WoW only.

8 Likes

Went from running 80 FPS steady now im running from 25-80 constant jumps. How can I fix this? This is becoming unbearable. I can barely play the game without a skip and a hop. Before you tell me to do a UI reset or update my drivers lower my graphics or mention my addons. I’ve done all of it. Just spent 2 hours trying to fix this on my end. My PC has never had issues with wow until now. How do i fix this???

There’s no fixing it this is the new wow going forward

6 Likes

Or maybe they quit because we got two terrible expansions in a row, maybe they quit because the constant negative press due to all sorts of terrible treatment of employees, maybe they quit because Diablo Immortal was a huge P2W money grab or maybe they quit because all those combined. The stutter issue is certainly a problem, but I guarantee you that’s not the cause of that huge drop in players for raiding.

Careful, they’ll bring out the graphs.

Long maintenance tomorrow yet I have a feeling none of our performance issues will be addressed.

🫠

3 Likes

They aren’t fixed on the PTR, so it’s safe to assume it won’t be on Live either.

2 Likes

This weekend was especially bad.

4 Likes