DF metacritic reviews... worrying

All I know is, I’ve filled out more bug reports since DF launched than I have in my previous 15 years of playing WoW combined.

3 Likes

I can’t remember last time an M&A actually got blocked. It’ll go through.

Same here. Some multiple times. They’ve ignored them since prepatch. I haven’t seen hardly anything fixed.

Maybe they can’t? Maybe the code is just to difficult to work with? I’m not sure.

All I know is experiencing really unfortunate bugs like scaling problems in leveling dungeons, not getting credit for events/WQ, client based performance problems… It doesn’t feel good. And I’m not paying monthly to play a game like that. It’s been a couple months and the trading post isn’t going to keep me around lol.

1 Like

Any site you can utilize to review bomb somebody you don’t like should be taken with a grain of salt.

Trust your own experience with Dragonflight.

4 Likes

For the most part, it’s a very good expansion, but the launch was rushed, with no open public beta, and we got a lot of unsquished bugs, and tuning problems as a result.

1 Like

My own experience has been mostly trash. And I trust that.

If we didn’t have the same bugs since prepatch today then I would be less salty.

Some of the reviews are ridiculous, I agree. But a lot of them are valid. I don’t care what the score is.

I’m reading real problems, that I experience as well.

I’m not talking about the gay hate reviews or the racism ones. Those are obvious trolls. I’ve listed the type of reviews I worry about because I feel the same way.

Where’s the fix? This alone would make me happier.

1 Like

I don’t believe they can’t due to the code. If they truly can’t, it’s a skill issue. For example, the buggy default raid frames. A lot of the time when someone leaves or joins during combat, the frames will bug and splatter all over the place. There is an addon that fixes it. It’s been a problem for a while and the addon fix has been there for a while. They could just look at the lua and fix the issue pretty quick.

Either they don’t have the resources/time or they don’t care.

3 Likes

Precisely this.

There are things like that - they aren’t super game breaking but they are annoying. Sometimes. For a rushed product the expansion isn’t that bad imo.

The professions are a super let down though. If you made your bank already you’re probably counting your gold like a good trade goblin. Otherwise you search for the public orders anytime you see a bench and you are sad.

They definitely have the resources but they’re going into other things.

Some of the world quest still don’t work

2 Likes

It hasn’t happened for awhile but the main issue is that its a delay in acquiring of the company and depending on how microsoft feels after dealing with them they could just not care to continue. I’m hoping they push hard to keep the deal going through but we will just have to see

1 Like

seems weird to base your enjoyment of a game on how much other people enjoy it, but you do you

I don’t.

I’ve experienced a lot of the problems wrote about in reviews. I’ve been pretty vocal about the overall performance of DF.

1 Like

I refuse to think for myself! I depend on the words of others to tell me how to feel! If the metacritic says it’s bad, then it must be bad, right? :upside_down_face:

I think your reading comprehension is bad but that’s not my problem.

1 Like

who’s gonna tell OP?

I don’t need to be told anything, if the deal goes through I 100% expect a better outcome for WoW. If you don’t agree with that that’s fine.

2 Likes

1 Like

Even with actiblizz they would still be behind tencent and Sony. Actiblizz makes up a very very small piece of that pie.

They can downsize departments too.

1 Like