Massive stutters with DF client

Now officially adding my name to the list, opened the talent page when in combat and caused my client to start stuttering like crazy. Had to do a reload to fix it.

2 Likes

Did my first game of solo shuffle since Tuesdays patch, just went 0-6 because as soon as combat starts my game will freeze several seconds at a time and when it does resume my highest framerate is in the single digits, I literally can’t play the game.

Don’t have your hopes up for a fix in patch 10.0.7.

1 Like

I’ve been running LFR this morning and I haven’t had a single freeze up. I don’t know of an update last night fixed anything or not, or maybe it’s because it’s not prime time atm so there’s less people online or something?

It would be silly to wait for a fix at this point. I’m playing GW2 now. No stutters, runs flawless. Also played Death Stranding for a few hours yesterday. Flawless, no stutter.

So I find it weird they are saying it’s issues with windows and Nvidia too…?

Idk I think they literally don’t know. It’s been too long at this point, not waiting anymore

6 Likes

I find it odd too that they are saying that. There is a mixture of pcs, laptop, os, ect in this forum…

I have a fully AMD laptop (Ryzen 9 with RX 6800M) and have the same issues as those with nivida. Friends who play on a Mac have the same issue. My laptop and another laptop I tried to play had the same issues (it was a Ryzen 9 with RX 3080).

Shyspy has said 100 or 100’s prebuilt pcs have all had issues only with wow.

If all these pcs, laptops, macs and all drivers having theses issues… and the common dominator is blizzard. If it was just one of those things then it be just nivida or just windows(ect…). Plus the video linked in this forum with the newest and best hardware can’t even handle this game.

Since the newest patch these stutters, fps drops, unstable servers, bugs, ect have been far worse. Something somewhere is unstable and that was exasperated with the new patch.

13 Likes

They are spending time fixing more important things, like nerfing cobalt exp.

Where’s the communication from Blizzard?
:frowning:

12 Likes

Definitely wish they would look into this more and or say something. The response I got today on my ticket… Disappointed, frustrated and upset is an understatement

6 Likes

There is definitely a memory leak somewhere, was seeing 90% of my 16gb of ram being used while hopping for Storm’s Fury. Gotta wait for another one to see if i can catch if it was an addon misbehaving or not though.

WoW was using nearly 10gb for some reason according to task manager.

On a Ryzen 5600 & Radeon RX 6600 with the 22.11.1 driver. Ray Tracing is disabled.

3 Likes

My game has been freezing and I get a Game not responding message now. It started up again after the latest patch. Was working fine for the first half of DF. Now the game is back to being basically unplayable again

Q: How many of us here are using Plater? Could it be contributing to the problem? Seeing it spike up to 600mb (or higher) addon usage at times.

I use plater, but freeze will occur even if I have all my addons disabled.

Memory leaks got nothing to do with the main reason for this entire thread, as stutters happen even without addons and fresh OS install.

3 Likes

That would mean a memory leak on the wow client itself then, no? Like I said above, was seeing huge spikes in Memory usage from the wow client.

1 Like

It doesn’t leak memory on any PCs I’ve tested. Only one CPU core spikes to 100% causing stutters, when loading in players, entering new area or engaging in combat.

1 Like

Well, I cancelled my subscription yesterday and listed this as the reason. Unfortunately, I’m a sucker for promotions and it won’t actually run out until February…2024. I’ll be playing Classic instead in the meantime.

I’m beyond disappointed. I’ve been playing WoW since it was released (this account was made after my original one was stolen) and I’ve always considered it a benchmark in terms of performance. If reducing the graphics settings couldn’t improve my performance, I could always just upgrade my PC.

Now it doesn’t matter how low my graphics settings are, or how beefy my PC is. The stuttering is omnipresent.

I’ll keep monitoring this thread to see if anything improves, but based on Blizzard’s single half-assed, hand-wavy response in this thread, it’s looking like that may never happen.

So long and good luck, everybody. I hope I can come back someday.

8 Likes

As of tuesday’s reset i have non stop stutters. Disabled all addons and made sure my graphics driver was up to date. No change.

3 Likes

If you’re using Reflex or Reflex+Boost, make sure you disable the separate FPS limiter, as Reflex is effectively an FPS limiter, capping frames 3-4 below a monitors refresh rate. I found disabling the FPS limit will remove Stutters.

I mean the reply I got in the ticket… was… No words… I had linked the video in this forum that shows the stuttering we are facing on the best hardware out there.

1 Like

You can’t really explain that away easily can you…especially when it’s reproducible on the best h/w out there, over and over.

1 Like