Massive Server Populations Breaking the Game Faerlina Alliance

How is this hard for people to understand? The server population caps are way higher than in vanilla. This is not nochanges. It is a change that is breaking the game in a very profound way. Alliance on Faerlina cannot access certain parts of the world at all anymore. Low level questing in the world has almost stopped. Just getting to dungeons takes 30 mins of corpse hopping. The game is only fun for one faction. This is not what it was even remotely in 2004.

Before anyone says it’s a PvP server, no you are wrong. Back in 2004 we have PvP servers. What we have today are mega-servers that the original world was never designed to handle. This many people are not intended to fit in a world of this size. So instead of a player vs player server we are left with a one faction playground. It is not hard to understand but it seems to escape most people dismissing these posts.

The fix is a faction based queue system. If Blizz cannot provide this they will further drive faction imbalance to the point where the Alliance simply transfer off of Faerlina or unsub all together. Then the horde are left with a PvE server and no one gets to play.

29 Likes

Wasn’t Faerlina one of the few nearly 50/50 servers? What happened to the Alliance over there?

3 Likes

Good news, you can fix it.
Yes you, all by yourself.
Go play on a PvE server, it’s what you really want anyways.
PvP isn’t for you.

But instead, you want to punish players for picking the ‘wrong’ faction.

12 Likes

I feel like blizzard had warned the players of the super high-pop servers that they would have a less-than-ideal experience before the servers even went live. Or did I imagine that?

10 Likes

Did one player quit and take all of his NPC’s with him or something? I have no doubt it’s 70:30 Horde like every other server, but I thought the missing link brought a lot of alliance to that server…

2 Likes

I just looked up the stats for this server.

Alliance is at 53% and horde is at 47%.

1 Like

Whos getting punished?

1 Like

Can I has your stuff?

1 Like

go ahead and unsub and see who cares. threatening unsubbing while doing nothing but complaining isnt helping anyone. you rolled on the server with streamers knowing there would be people who want to kill them.

I purchased an Xbox 360 but I want to play PS4 games whaaaaa. Why cant I get the Xbox 360 and have an Xbox ONE and PS4 at the same time waaaa. thats whats going on here. You choose your fate and you could easily move to another server. NOBODY is forcing you to do anything on that server FYI.

3 Likes

Or they can reroll as the dominant faction on a PvP server, get a carebear PvP experience, and In the process, make the faction imbalance even worse than it is now.

These rerolling suggestions are getting old. Whether they reroll PvE or as the dominant PvP race, in the end, there’s going to be no one left for the dominant faction to gank.

Is that what you want?

13 Likes

Faction based queues are idiotic. Why lock out players who want to run a dungeon or raid or play the AH or do professions just because they are in the majority faction?

Also, I think faction imbalance is inevitable on PvP realms based on 15 years of retail servers.

1 Like

There are no official blizz stats on server populations.

4 Likes

Well fantastic then. Guess we can also as easily assume there are no faction imbalances. Your issues are moot and this thread is pointless.

I’d rather utilize the statistics we have rather then your feelings.

3 Likes

You would rather use wrong innformation than open your eyes. Ally is endlessly camped and outnumbered on faerlina. Your incorrect sources won’t help you defend the point you are struggling to make. Understandable though, you rolling Horde to carebear/afk your way through PvP. It must be easy for you to hide behind a 40man raid while you, “PvP”

1 Like

Horde is not having a bad experience bat all.

You are being childish by making this into a horde vs alliance thing.

This is about gathered data and available statistics and your circumstantial evidence. If you don’t understand how census works and why it is fairly accurate then I can’t help you.

1 Like

Blizzard may have underestimated the intial rush of players, but having fewer servers with higher caps is better than having many servers with lower caps. They also warned players that certain servers, like Faerlina I believe, will have queue times. Even without them these realms would have been crowded without layering. Why didn’t you leave?

1 Like

Yep. Just created crowded servers without a desire to play pvp and thus ruining for all of us

1 Like

What I want is for warmode to stay in retail.

I can confirm nothing is broken on Farelina. It is working as a PvP server is intended to. Carry on.

Edit: To be clear OP rolled on the most popular server that would be full all the time and wants…smaller populations?

2 Likes