Massive mage buff in 8.2.5!

Not what I said at all, but if you insist on being a simpleton I’ll let you… You do you bruv…

Arcane was great in Uldir and BoD? Damn I must have been looking at the wrong sites cause it was lower 1/3 for both when I looked.

7 Likes

Yikes, I played frost through those raid tiers and even I know that arcane was crap in them. Go take another look at wowlogs, Arcane was terrible this whole expansion except for the 1 fight in BOD that was perfectly in their niche, and still other specs were doing Arcane’s niche better. That definitely sounds like arcane has been GOD tier for sure.

3 Likes

Which logs are you checking? N, H, or M?

I know for a fact I’ve seen M level arcane mages doing just fine in BoD and Uldir… Btw those WoW logs better be dated back to when those raid tiers came out, because of course things are going to appear different when the next tier comes out and you have people getting the new gear adn going back to the last tier to finally get their Mythic run achieves.

my point still stands though, whether or not any of you like it or want to hear it. Mage has 2 specs that are pretty good right now, and none of the 3 are completely unviable in all content. Other classes have dumpster specs that haven’t gotten any love all expansion, and in order to achieve any semblance of balance we need to look to the other classes that are struggling and not just 1 spec of a 3 spec class that has 2 great specs.

helps when you quote me correctly. I said Arcane was GOD tier in Legion for PvP 5 out of 7 seasons…

Arcane was good in legion for pvp. I still don’t remember many arcane mages in the Arena World Cup back then. I think mages in general were very under represented. Oddly I think I’ve seen more arcane mages in the AWC in BfA but their job isn’t as a real damage dealer and usually the AWC commentators joke about how bad arcane’s damage is.

1 Like

So … it doesn’t play well in PVP … has issues with M+ … doesn’t perform well in all 3 tiers of raiding this expansion (bottom 1/3 or THE bottom each time) … ruling out the exceptional players that can make it work with decent gear and guilds who are ok with them playing it …

… the dev that redesigned Arcane for BfA must be SO proud of his job-not-so-well-done.

1 Like

Lol you can’t even keep your threads straight and I’m a “simpleton?”

Ok now you’ve lost absolutely any credibility :rofl:

Arcane has been at or near the bottom half in most of the fights that matter all of BFD. It was only used in Uldir for the gimmicky fights where you had a big dps boost like the 3rd boss. Then all the serious mages went back frost or fire. It had one boss where it did “well” in BFDA and that was Mekkatorque because that was as close to pure ST as that raid got. Every other fight it was vastly outclassed. Arcane has most definitely NOT had it’s “good places” this exp.

Oh really?

Not only is this irrelevant to this forum (try to keep your posts straight, it goes a long way to anyone taking you seriously which at this point is almost nil), but it’s a clear case of someone taking a swipe at someone because they’re mad that person had the audacity to disagree with them. I don’t recall your character so I can’t really refer to whatever previous forum got you so butthurt in the first place.

As I can only go by the character you’re posting on, what you’re spouting about arcane is pretty silly. Given you’re 428 on this mage, your best key on that character is a +6, you’ve never stepped foot in TEP on said mage, not done a single boss past normal all expansion and are specced fire, you’ll have to forgive us when we can’t take a word you say about arcane mages seriously.

TLDR I realize it’s the way of the internet, but childish insults and misinformation don’t make you smarter than anyone. You can think and believe whatever you want, but getting butthurt because people disagree with you and then going on the attack because your ego can’t handle it isn’t the way to succeed. Happy gaming but I’m done with this.

8 Likes

Not only is that not an argument, you’re a simpleton for getting an attitude about simple human error.

dont need your credibility, you’ve been told by other great mages in the forums and bent the knee because you knew they’re better than you. Now that you’re talking to someone who clearly doesn’t pve as much as you you wanna talk smack.

Yes it has. Just because you’re not in the upper 3rd in every fight doesn’t mean it hasn’t had good places.

yes, really. Your attitude in response proved it.

that’s the best you can do? I’ve nearly afk’d every single patch this expac aside from doing arena content.

You just went back to the very first response I posted and are trying to make it seem as though I’m still posting in response to another forum. How disingenuous of you. Don’t buck up to me when you’re literally attempting to make me look bad by implying I’m still confused about which thread I am posting in now…

guess I’ll have to go get your daddy back in here by tagging him, that way you’ll shut the fudge up and listen to a mage who’s better than you say that all specs are viable…

Also, now that I’m thinking about it… You’re acting like I don’t know anything because I haven’t done much PvE… I can almost guarantee the level at which I compete in rated arenas is on par with your PvE achievements, if not higher. I have a fair amount of skill on this class.

I’m not doubting at all that you know fire … but based on your comments and how you’re holding to them when all of those of us who actually PLAY or PLAYED arcane are telling you otherwise tells me you don’t know ANYTHING about arcane.

Stick to fire topics, dude.

4 Likes

Bottom line is Arcane is not fine for PVE content in TEP. That’s proven by the statistics available from Warcraftlogs for mythic boss kills there. Arcane is in last place overall… by a fairly wide margin.

If “every spec were viable”, then I’d expect to see all the specs for every class having a much closer distribution. That isn’t quite the case.

7 Likes

that response wasn’t to you… the context of what I replied to is what that was based on. Tempest insinuated that I don’t know anything about mage…I’m done arguing though… Ya’ll aren’t and shouldn’t be getting buffs before other classes, end of discussion.

You think other classes should get buffs before the last place class does?

I’m not quite sure I understand your logic.

9 Likes

All mages should want more POWER!!! GIVE US ALL THE POWERS!!! We must never settle for mediocrity but only more DEEPS! Give us the buffs!!! All of them!!!

4 Likes

Lol Much anger in this one. Don’t give into hate, it leads to the nerdrage side.

4 Likes

It’s sweet you think having a 1700-something rating in arena qualifies you to talk down to people about pve arcane mage. But seriously, just stop.

6 Likes

I believe it actually was one of the tops in uldir. I could be wrong, but i remember giving it another shot because logs had it high before saying ‘oh wait, arcane isn’t fun.’

But i am 100% with you on Battle. It was not great.

I personally hope it stays low, that way when changes are going out for the next expac blizzard will be more inclined to spend some time on it. My personal opinion is it needs a heavy redesign.

It is not effective compared to other specs in most pve and is not very fun. But that is just me.

2 Likes

It was effective on those fights where you had a massive damage buff like M.O.T.H.E.R, Fetid Devourer and G’huun where you could take advantage of said buffs during your burn phase. Otherwise it was so-so at best. But certain individuals would have you believe it’s been amazing for quite a while now…

Fun is of course entirely subjective, but when you have non-existent cleave and unsustainable aoe and your current raid has 6/8 bosses with heavy adds and/or cleave, you notice those shortcomings much more.

4 Likes