Massive mage buff in 8.2.5!

Countchocula for class president :mage:

2 Likes

Buddy, Arcane hasn’t had a good tier since Hellfire Citadel which was 3-4 years ago.

6 Likes

YES. Mage has 2 viable specs… There are other classes that are just garbage. I really don’t know how else to make you understand that… I’m not saying we don’t give Arcane no buffs, I’m saying not until we get other classes that don’t have any good specs for PvE something

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

i have gotten 2k+ cr in every season i’ve played up to this one :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

It’s ironic that the DK with no arena xp tries to talk trash to me when this is literally the worst arena season that has ever been out with the lowest amount of participation (and that’s according to all players, not just me). I haven’t seriously pushed at all this season, and have only been helping my friends who don’t PvP get their cap for the free gear so they can level their alts…

also, haven’t been talking down to anyone, if anything it’s been the other way around… people looking at my PvE achievements and assuming I have no clue what I’m talking about…

hey, at least you tried, right?

You’re funny my friend. You’ve been clinging to your pvp life saver desperately in a forum about pve. As for no clue what you’re talking about, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

3 Likes

Now see the above and reconcile it with the following.

See here’s a tip: you can disagree with people and try to get them to see your point of view, but when you act like a complete jerk, it totally undermines anything you say. Also, this is the second time you’ve posted on this forum that you were done and

I’m guessing you’ll have another insult in about an hour because for someone who doesn’t have time, you sure post a lot on here.

Oh and this is still not about pvp and you’re still incorrect about arcane mages :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wow is this still going on? Free advice: let it go. You are never, ever going to get through to a person like this.

Someone who’s sole sense of self-esteem comes from attempting to lord it over others in a video game, who is quick to criticize yet enrages if you have the audacity to question them then launches into a fusillade of insults and claims it’s not him but everyone else out to get him is never going to see reason. Just let them have their perceived victory and move on; you’ll thank me later.

@Mistwynd, this is what happens when you make joke posts about mages :smile:

5 Likes

Look what these mage tables have done to us, they have turned us into savages!

8 Likes

Hopefully Blizzard will make it worth our while by giving us truly EPIC looking new mage tables!!! :rofl::joy::smile:

1 Like

Context matters, GeNiOuS. I already said earlier that I crossed up 2 different posts when I said the first thing you quoted. That was already taken care of. The PvP stuff about my XP comparing to other player’s PvE XP was in regards to Tempest implying I don’t know anything about mage.

If you aren’t gonna argue in good faith, then don’t come to the table. I don’t get snotty with people until they do it with me first.

I know this isn’t to me, but rather that milquetoast DK… It’s ok. I made my argument towards you. It is over, you’re 1000% right. You got snobby with me, I told you what I had to say, we disagreed which is fine. He jumped in the middle of something without actually reading the whole thread OR his reading comprehension is just dumpster grade. Either way, I don’t care anymore. My point still stands.

NO ARCANE BUFFS UNTIL OTHER CLASSES WITH NO VIABLE SPECS GET SOMETHING.

my original reply was to Mornrah the Warlock or however you spell his name anyways… It wasn’t in any way directed towards Mistwynd.

Somebody get a rope!

2 Likes

I’m not sure you’d know “good faith” if it bit you on the rear.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Checking Warcraftlogs for Eternal Palace Mythic progression: Hunters, Paladins and Monks all appear to be in worse shape than mages.

• The top dps spec for all 3 of those classes is in the bottom half of the 24 DPS specs in the game
  • Frost mages are near the bottom and arcane is at the very bottom, but at least mages have the option of going fire, which is near the top.
  • It is a very reasonable argument that a class with no good dps specs should get a buff before a class with at least one viable spec. Mages have used this same argument in prior tiers/expansions when all 3 mage specs were at the bottom.
  • Source for statistics: ww .warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23 (add in the third “w” in www)

That said, I don’t think it’s great design for one or two specs to have to royally suck, just because another spec is good. Having only one viable spec removes player choice which is not a good thing. Other classes have multiple viable specs… why should mages only have one?

I would hope that Blizzard can walk and chew gum at the same time. Buff the 3 worst classes and arcane mages in the same patch.

4 Likes

The problem with arcane is that numbers tuning really won’t fix the issue; it probably would with frost, but arcane requires a complete rework which Blizzard seems unwilling and/or incapable of doing.

As for people who are raging over the very thought of arcane being in a better place, well I don’t understand that either. No one is suggesting other classes shouldn’t get anything, but as this is the mage forums, that’s what we’re concerned with. Oh well. Enough time on this.

1 Like

that is 1000% more than fair…

This was literally my whole argument in a nut shell. I should have made it clearer and the whole thing could have possibly been avoided. That said, if people bite my head off you know I’m gonna come back twice as hard at them… I’m glad you’re reasonable Mistwynd, and if you took my OP as me lashing out at you it definitely was NOT supposed to come across that way.

1 Like

But you didn’t get your head bitten off dude, I disagreed with you that frost was doing as well as you said in raids and YOU reinstated your pvp insult from some other thread that I don’t even remember because you were still mad at something. Let’s not pretend that you were attacked first here. I’m willing to let all things slide but be upfront about it. Disagreeing with you is NOT “biting your head off.”

Now shake hands. You see this you dirty Orcs!? This is how civilized higher intellects operate!

1 Like

Sorry but what class exactly doesn’t have a viable spec?

The only other dps specs I know of that are suffering are feral druids and enhancement shamans and both are still doing better in Ep than arcane mages.

Dude …. just stop talking as you know not of what you’re speaking.

And a buff to damage isn’t going to address the issues with arcane. No one is asking or has ever asked for just a flat out buff increase to damage.

Again, your ignorance on the topic is showing (and it ain’t pretty).

1 Like