Massive mage buff in 8.2.5!

Great news mages!

There is a massive buff to mages in today’s patch notes for 8.2.5!!!

16 Likes

LOL screw you Mist, I got excited for a moment :rofl:

18 Likes

I am sincerely baffled why Arcane has not received any buffs to make it more viable.

6 Likes

Mage armor has returned with even newer icon!

2 Likes

There’s also the Frozen Orb fix, which is huge. :smiley:

1 Like

nice buff I did not expect that :persevere:

^^^^^^^

I’m excited

It probably is viable but almost nothing in Eternal Palace suits it (too much movement), and none of the top mages can be bothered gearing for it because Fire is just flat-out better for movement and cleave.

Mages don’t need buffs in current PvE content. We have 2 specs that perform well, regardless if Arcane does or not. It wouldn’t be very fair or balanced to give all 3 mage specs high representation with good numbers and ignore all the classes that are struggling.

1 Like

I’m changing my buffet table into my fanny

Really? Frost isn’t exactly lighting up the meters in TEP. It’s in a vastly better place than arcane but let’s not pretend it’s amazing.

And what’s wrong with having 3 specs of mage be good? Wouldn’t that be the very definition of balanced? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

14 Likes

Firstly, Frost is excellent in m+/PvP and arguably the best in m+ out of all 3 mage specs, Fire holds its own in PvE in higher end m+ keys, does well in current raid tier, and is S tier in PvP… Arcane had a couple good tiers so far and is now mid tier for DPS for PvE and still does pretty decent in PvP. Secondly, NO. That’s not how balance works. Other classes need to be brought up to par before mages are touched again.

I can only stress this so much, if you’re having trouble with mage in PvP content it’s literally because you have a long way to go skill-cap wise…

1 Like

Ok friend, since you seem a bit defensive and are resorting to that time honored tradition of ignoring what people actually post in favor of facts not in dispute, allow me to clear some things up for you.

1. You quoted me and still got it wrong. No where did I say frost wasn’t decent in m+ or pvp. I never mentioned those areas at all. I specifically said “in TEP” which you blatantly ignored in order to argue facts not in dispute.

2. No where did I comment on fire so there was zero reason to bring that up.

3. When exactly did arcane have “a couple good tiers so far?” Most of us seem to have missed that.

4. You have to be absolutely joking if you think that’s how balance works. Because fire is in a good place and frost has it’s niches, it’s totally fine that arcane rots outside of pvp? You’re entitled to your opinion but man I hope you never design for this game.

1. What on earth are you on about here? At no point anywhere in this forum did anyone mention mage pvp until you brought it up out of nowhere. I’m not sure why you’re literally pulling things out of your rear and attempting to demean my pvp skill in a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with pvp.

2. You can think mages are “fine” if you want, more power to you. But having one spec that’s pretty poor in most pve situations and has been for most of the last few expansions isn’t “balance.” If you disagree ok, but try to stay on target and leave out irrelevant material and baseless accusations.

11 Likes

Playing all 3 specs equally can only be achieved if the strengths and weaknesses of all 3 are fully homogenized. The game’s more balanced than I’ve ever seen it, and all 3 specs can make all DPS checks in the current tier at 65 neck.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that Keestus nor do I doubt that you’d parse orange in any spec, but there’s a reason you’re fire right?

1 Like

Have you ever known me not to be?

1 Like

Honestly no, but I haven’t followed every moment of your career lol. My point is that while being able to make dps checks is great, there’s a reason why most high end mages are fire now. ie: it’s better at almost all aspects of the game.

While you are correct and balance is better than previous incarnations, we arcane mages don’t share the “everything is fine” attitude of the previous poster.

3 Likes

What did you just say? Arcane is last place of DPS rankings and doesn’t need buffs?
only fire mage is fine

2 Likes

Blizz never ceases to amaze…lol

You wanna talk about me getting it wrong?! HA!!! :joy::joy:

I wasn’t saying anything about you implying or otherwise on the topic of Frost in m+. I was explaining to you why we don’t need mage buffs by explaining where the 2 highest specs are currently at and in what capacity. The fact that you took it that way either means 1 of 2 things:

1. I didn’t make my position clear enough

OR

1. You just have your panty’s in a twist and you’re one of those people where if osmeone disagrees with you then they’re automatically wrong and must have been personally attacking you.

I never said that. I said Arcane had it’s good places already this expansion and before we worry about a 3RD mage spec we should be showing some love to the other specs that have been garbage this whole expansion.

Not pulling things out of my rear, I got this thread confused with another one in the mage forums… easy mistake to make… so again, untwist them panties you simpleton.

Arcane has been great for the last 2 tiers of Raid in BfA for mages comparatively. In Legion they were GOD status for PvP for 5/7 seasons, so now I’ll go ahead and drop some PvP in there since I already got this thread confused with another anyways, and Arcane is still good in current PvP. Arcane was also taken in m+ during legion to keys up to a +10 for their AoE ( a +10 is a high key to most casuals since the affixes and difficulties get harder with each season ). So, all in all, to pretend Arcane is pure garbage and always has been is ridiculous, and that’s what I’m seeing you imply.