"Massive critical layering exploit"

Things like this that are clearly not part of the intended use of an ingame feature is a bug. Deliberately exploiting bugs in a manner that gives you an unfair advantage over others (ie the ability to farm large amounts of gold in a very short time) is a bannable offense, as Blizzard has shown in the past. The advertising of said bug and encouraging others to exploit it would also fall under that category, regardless of whether or not you’ve actually done it yourself.

So yeah, you probably want to delete this.

Blizzard brought back a game everyone was amped to play and experience.

Blizzard broke the game by using a horrible layering system that is being exploited on every realm and created a 1%er club that is going to destroy server economies.

Blizzard further broke the game by allowing the exploits and stating that they can be used while layering is still utilized…

Really?

…really?

Blizzard you guys are going to re-kill your own game. Good work.

24 Likes

Saw this happen accidentally and didn’t think much of it, but wow.

Legit think the original launch realms are beyond saving between raid EXP and now this if blizzard doesnt start purging people for a month at least (and gold / items removed ofc)

9 Likes

What kind of bass ackwards thinking is this lol

He’s reposting exactly what is on the bug report forum.

6 Likes

I’m NOT encouraging ANYONE to use it, are you damn stupid or what?

5 Likes

Blizzard isn’t Stupid as zenimax… yet.

the game WAS Ruined by #Nochanges and for an extent Streamers pushing it for more views, they dont care about it because they abuse it the most, now people are abusing of everything that vanilla had in double and flooding this forum with stuff that was well known for years, including the devilsaur mafia or warriors being horrible for tanking.

i think no one here besides the weirdos at /wowcg/ has taken the screenshot of a player donating 420 gold and full stacks of Devilsaur leather to asmongold on stream.

Blizzard doesn’t care

4 Likes

This isn’t good…

:T

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like a 1%r club works in wows economy. There have always been people that are good at playing the AH for stupid amounts of gold. But here’s the issue, the wow economy seems to be self healing, the numbers might look rediculous, but if all the raiders are isanely rich, they’ll inflate the gold numbers on the AH, and now that herb used for max health pots is going for 100g a pop.

Go farm that herb, congradulations, you’re still technically poor by AH standards, but getting your mount is cake and repair costs are laughable.

3 Likes

You quoted/posted a step-by-step guide detailing exactly how the exploit is done and noting how much gold has been made with it. What do you think people are going to do with that information? And do you think Blizzard is going to go through each post about this topic critically to determine each OP’s intention or do you think they’ll just go through and swiftly ban everyone posting about the subject at once?

There are ways to bring attention to or show concern about a problem without posting a how-to guide along with it. That is my point and why I said you should probably delete this (or at the very least edit your original post). I’m just trying to help you out, so don’t get pissy at me. You can either take the advice or not. Either way it’s your account you’re taking that risk with, not mine. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

:rofl: It’s been going on for weeks already and they haven’t banned anyone yet. How do you think people got so geared in less than two weeks.

2 Likes

Upposted for attention

Was wondering how dudes had full deathbone sets and epic mounts on my server already.

4 Likes

At this point I think YOU are one of this exploiters and don’t want this to get to the public because you don’t want to get banned so you are trying to manipulate me to delete this post.

Im NOT encouraging anyone to abuse bugs or exploits.

PERIOD.

13 Likes

APES were doing this in their first MC run by the way - that’s why they didn’t stream any of it except for Rag, which can’t be layered because of the event from domo

13 Likes

Same. F this. I cannot believe how they have screwed this up. It was the simplest thing in the world to do and they couldn’t even be bothered to have a proper beta instead of a streamer ad campaign.

10 Likes

Why is any form of layering needed in instanced content? Just tuen layering off in dungeons and raids.

9 Likes

Blizz is dead. They are Activision. They aren’t going to ban any of these exploiters. I’m sick to death of this. It’s garbage. Why have a TOS if you aren’t going to enforce it? I have now lost all faith in them.

9 Likes

Okay, my dude. I see logic and understanding aren’t your strong suit, so you do you. :woman_facepalming:t4:

:point_up:

1 Like

If true, that’s disappointing.

It’s one thing to get world first because you’re really familiar with the content and you’re very efficient. It’s another thing to do stuff that’s clearly not intended so you can level/farm/gear much more quickly.

But, how do you know they were doing this?

5 Likes