Massive Banwave on Rotation Bots

Saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/15yz5j5/massive_banwave_on_rotation_bots_today_pvepvp

Legit? Thoughts?

5 Likes

I’m not sure what a rotation bot is, but this is how they always ban bots. In waves.

10 Likes

deserved tbh, rotation helper addons are one thing, but a bot that actually plays the game for you is worth a ban

34 Likes

Rotation bots are programs/scripts that basically play your character for you while all you do is hit WASD.

6 Likes

lmao. and also lol. but mostly lmao

20 Likes

For context it’s a bot in this instance that can nearly full Auto your rotation (inc dispells, ints) and only requires movement and activation.

It is very fair they banned these. Legal addons that help with rotation (suggestion ones like max dps, hero rotation etc) are fine.

3 Likes

Good. Anything that automates gameplay needs to be banned.

7 Likes

Didn’t even know these were a thing.

Oh well, good riddance anyway.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I think that there will be a lot of people choosing to “take a break”. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

6 Likes

In my day, we had to click our abilities.

18 Likes

Black and White, simple no grey areas. If it automating the game to play for you its well deserve ban. Whats the point even playing or subbed for that matter for a bot to do it for you.

Showing my age, we had push buttons back in MC, BWL, BRD, and TM vs SS

5 Likes

Adjusts pants to the Old position

Back in my day we had to type out our power words to cast spells!

But also a lol, and perhaps a roflmao, for the banished.

9 Likes

I was 19 when I first walked into MC and BWL.

Oh man that takes me back to spell lvls. Our spell booked crammed full of it. Think had 4 or 5 different lvl healing touch, spirit focused gear.

2 Likes

I still click spells in my spellbook!

(/s)

Honestly I’m surprised it was reduced to 6 months. These players have essentially botted most of the major seasonal achievements (KSH, and most Mythic bosses). This means they’ll be back in time for the next patch and can bot again. I hope they do what they did with the Mage Tower carries and remove the achievement, hit ‘em where it hurts.

2 Likes

You young people with your keyboard whats-its and typing fingers.

4 Likes

So 8-10K of the “best” players in the game were cheating. Fancy.

2 Likes

they banned cheaters. good!

10 Likes

I was chuckling at this at first, went and read the reddit post
 they paid twice as much for the bot as their WoW sub
 :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes