Mass reporting carries in chat

we have tried telling blizzard for awhile that the mass reporting system is massively abused and we have been ignored, lets hope they fix it and look into it propperly.

3 Likes

They would also delete toons to bypass stuff too. I would slap one on ignore (full blown ignore not right click report spam) and few hours later see the exact same name etc pop back up again. I even tested that with 4 accounts (btw account wide ignore is NOT bnet wide which is stupid) and all 4 would see them posts again with that character NOT on the ignore list when they were in fact added.

Sure, we can go back to the previous consequence for spam, profanity, etc. Suspension from the game. That is what used to happen. You know quite well that Ignore is not an excuse for people who can’t follow the basic game rules.

Silence removes people from social features while still letting them play. It was felt to be a more fitting punishment for chat violations. If you prefer the old harsher punishment though, I am sure Blizz can accommodate you. They have recently started Suspending for chat violations again instead of a Silence so it might be going your way already.

The report system counts one report per account. Switching to diff alts to report does not add to the reports filed. It takes X reports from a unique account to trigger the systems. Of course, we don’t know what that number of reports is.

Right but if you had 30 level 1s posting in trade chat (seperate accounts) all in the same guild that are able to communicate with each other a simple, “Report x y z player in trade for language undercutting” triggering an auto squelch is doable with the capacity that they had on some servers.

They would get punished, sure, but they used accounts on new bnets (indicated by the murloc marker) so easy for em to just make another account delete the old toon put the toon name on account 2 and have at it again.

They would do it to bypass ignore functions in the game, why not something like that? And if it silenced the whole bnet, you can have up to 3bnets in your name so just make another toon on bnet two, ask for g invite and have at it.

Edit: reason I posted the picture is these are all houkan between 2 servers. HALF are zul’jin HALF are area 52.

1 Like

yea idk if they are just lazy to deal with this kind of stuff or what. maybe they fired all those workers so pretty much nobody doing that part of the job lmfao. only until it gets so damn bad for a long time do you ever see them deal with the issues. look at how long the boosting communities were going it’s been a LONG… time. same with the classic bots and multi boxer bots as well.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Silence feature, but squelching absolutely needs to go because it allows a group of other players to dictate what others can say and do in-game, regardless of whether rules are being followed by the reported player.

At a bare minimum the squelching feature needs to be reverted to what it was previously. Right now it’s just a copy/paste of Silence as far as in-game effects are concerned. Up until recently, squelching/silencing didn’t prevent people from being able to actually play the game.

I said a while ago all kinds of stuff should have been stamped on a long time ago but I did say too a lot of it came around or came main stream when the wow token was released. Wow token came out some things that were lower on the totem pole and weren’t really shown into the light all of a sudden were splattered all over YouTube with, “MAKE GOLD NOW” “get your bruto today!” “Do this method to get your gold for raid!” Things like that.

Essentially it was a community created thing due to a shift in the economics of the game from the intro of the wow token. At the time (first couple years during legion) it was pretty tame wasn’t too bad. Then bfa it got pretty bad with everything then SL got real bad with certain things. And RMT is still around in retail. If it wasn’t, all this weirdo stuff wouldn’t exist.

Difference was people were using software in ways that was in the TOS at the time (the mirroring) but then others would slip other stuff in that was against the TOS then botters figured out they can get around stuff by using software multiboxers were using and making themselves appear as multiboxers. I run into bots still that try to make it look like they are a boxer doing it manually, even with all the spaces in between, but you can clearly tell it’s a bot (holds up cushion of justice!). One gets stuck and after the cushion disappears it just stays there or if the lead one gets stuck, it’s completely broken.

it made things a big mess so they had to just cut it all out, including hardware mirror inputs. Why? Person could easily set up automated things with multiple computers and they needed a way to detect that.

I’m not an expert on any of this stuff, but in order to combat RMT the first step I would think would be to completely knocking out software and hardware work arounds for bots (first software then hardware in this case). They would then funnel to other avenues to try and RMT (they go where the money is). After that, knock out massive gold trades that happen a lot in order to monitor trades easier.

Wow has an RMT problem for a long time and once they figure out who is buying all this stuff, that is gonna come crashing next. May see harsher punishments for gold buyers in the future, which I hope that’s what they do. THAT is ruining stuff for EVERYONE in the game and defeats the sole purpose of the game.

Edit: I have so many typos in this holy… I’m not fixing them they are staying in there.

Making it legal in game and easily accessable by all players is the problem though.

Yes it has always been a thing but it wasn’t a problem because only really rich players and people willing to get banned for buying gold could do it. Now that there is no worry of breaking rules and it is much faster than just playing the game, it has gone up by 5000%.

There is a reason that boost culture only came around in force after the wow token was introduced.

Serious question. How often are you posting. If I see someone posting something 3x per minute I report for spam and I’m sure others do the same

This whole…initiative lets call it, seems completely half baked - the in game reporting system is a joke, and auto silences are in place. If they want to remove the middlemen / make it so that only in game players involved in the carries can actually advertise them without breaking ToS, then they should have adequate staff to handle the monitoring of trade chat if that’s the tool they want sellers to use.

Or, put something in place for the sellers to advertise on so that the chat feature isn’t being spammed / become unusable. Like…LFG that already exists…

-Calls out in the background.-

Mass report them more!

Remember when people were reporting people for not inviting them to their fallen charger group and people were getting squelched for it? Good system, great job Blizzard

2 Likes

Once every 10ish mins or after a m+ I’ll post once.

That’s literally not true. People have been paying for boosts with gold since vanilla. I remember paying Mages for SM cath runs 16+ years ago lol

It’s always been around and always will be.

ITT (and several others), people make it quite clear they report others just because they don’t like something.

This idiotic squelching that’s penalizing innocent players is a result of a system that allows others to be the judge, jury and executioner.

2 Likes

Honestly the easiest way to fix it is for blizz to silence/ban people for false reports. Innocent or not at this point people who report non violations should suffer repercussions.

They can get it overturned by a GM if they disagree.

1 Like

okay thats fine. I feel like that its reactionary and that people feel empowered and the witch hunt begins. I remember in Cataclysm guilds selling carries and the moose runs in WoD. This isnt new. The community spam good riddance but guilds should be able to make their gold without fear of mob mentality.

1 Like

It really is. We have posts in the forums which give you a prime example of the mob mentality at work:

This is precisely why I made the “something needs to be done about squelching” topic, because /2 is ran by a mob at this point.

Yah I honestly haven’t even seen any legit spam in trade but lots of reports still. People just trolling with reports for the most part.

I do think the level 10s advertising should be reported but anyone on their main advertising once every so often is probably legit.

Agreed, if it’s plainly obvious that the toon is not going to be participating in the activity, or they’re actually spamming, or they’re just posting in the wrong channel, then report away.

Legit players playing by the rules don’t deserve the mob punishments they’ve been getting.

This is like the whole multiboxing software / hardware mirror input ban except 10x more impactful to the community due to the sheer amount of boosters to boostees compared to people that were boxing / still are boxing (be it in the new rules).

I’m glad the big boosting conglomerates (wow I actually spelled that without the auto correct) are gone due to the blatant RMT that was going on and hopefully everything will help smaller guilds and groups but if they are caught RMTing the gold that they are actioned appropriately.

I would like to see the GM force expanded upon so if there are squelches applied that it doesn’t run out in the 24 hour period that if someone is doing something inappropriate it’s dealt with quick so the player can get back to doing what they are doing along with dealing with people that do abuse the report system.

1 Like